Qassia - new site authentication request

Jump to Last Post 1-14 of 14 discussions (14 posts)
  1. Marisa Wright profile image86
    Marisa Wrightposted 15 years ago

Qassia is now requiring all websites to be authenticated by pasting a code into the page.  I've done that no problem on my blogs, but is there any way I can do it with HubPages?  I've tried pasting the code into my profile but it doesn't seem to work. 

What do people think of Qassia anyway?  I don't seem to be getting any traffic from it.

2. Misha profile image63
    Mishaposted 15 years ago

Me neither. For an article directory with a twist they seem to make things too complicated. I don't think I am going to bother with sites authentication... at least till they prove they are worth it smile

3. crashcromwell profile image67
    crashcromwellposted 15 years ago

I sent Qassia an email earlier asking them how to go about this on hubpages. If I get a response, I'll post it here.

I agree in principle with Misha; I'm not going to expend a lot of energy into this, but if there's a way to do it, I'll give it a whirl.

4. SweetiePie profile image81
    SweetiePieposted 15 years ago

Qassia not only provided me with no traffic, but I noticed many articles there are posted by people who plagiarize other sites, which may be resulting in search engines ignoring qassia. Just curious if that is the case?  One article I saw on there was directions on how to shampoo your carpet, which read very oddly because it was translated using google tools or something of that sort.  That piece was very funny, but I have not had the desire to go to qassia since I saw all the plagiarism there.

5. Inspirepub profile image72
    Inspirepubposted 15 years ago

You can delete their code after you authenticate, so worst case, paste it into a text capsule, authenticate, and then delete it.

The authentication process will weed out all the affiliate marketers who don't have control of the code on the page they are linking to, which means the site should improve dramatically in quality after this process.

I have never seen a Qassia article appear in organic search results, but at least some of the pages are indexed, which means the links will count.

Traffic has been zero so far in my experience.

Jenny

6. crashcromwell profile image67

That's a good idea Jenny. Thanks.

7. crashcromwell profile image67

I just did as Jenny suggested. Worked like a charm, and it didn't take long.

8. gamergirl profile image86
    gamergirlposted 15 years ago

Qassia is poop.

No traffic, no backlinks, no rewards.  Just hits and uniques for them. -shrug-

9. Mark Marek profile image57
    Mark Marekposted 15 years ago

I've never heard of that site. Can someone fill me in on what it is and what it does?

Thankies smile

10. ASHWINSPGA profile image59
    ASHWINSPGAposted 15 years ago

You can post your hubs there and create backlines and hope for traffic. but as mentioned Quassia is poop. I had only 7 visits so far since i joined 2 months ago. Complete waste of time. I signed up and posted a profile on Flickr 5 days complete with my  hub links and so far i had 3 sign ups and 750 visits and its a photosharing site!!!.

11. Lissie profile image75
    Lissieposted 15 years ago

Qassia was never for traffic - only for backlinks - and I am happy that I am getting anchored links which appear to be counted - pain having to do the authentication though

Is flickr do follow?

12. WeddingConsultant profile image67
    WeddingConsultantposted 15 years ago

It is a pain to authenticate websites on there. For us, we'd have to pay the programmers to put code in there, authenticate then pay to have it deleted again...unless we just left it hidden on the page.

Regardless, I understand the motive behind it, but it seems a bit over the top.

And I suspect those of you saying you don't get traffic from Qassia aren't getting traffic because it's in beta still. I'm not sure if that will change when they officially, publicly launch, so we'll have to wait and see.

I was kicking around the idea of asking if it's validation enough to send them an email from a company email address...if I get an answer I'll be sure to post it.

13. WeddingConsultant profile image67

For what it's worth, here's their mission:

The objective of this site is to allow website owners and webmasters to efficiently promote their web sites. Those promoting their websites on Qassia are rewarded with traffic and exposure for their websites in our web directory. The ultimate goal of this site is to obviate the need for link exchanges or submissions to web directories during the SEO (search engine optimization) process, and to instead focus website promotion activity on the development of original content.

Note how they specifically say that traffic should flow as a result of one's work there...

Should be interesting to see if that's the case when they come out of beta.

14. WeddingConsultant profile image67

Just sent:

Nick,

I have a question regarding site authentication! I apologize for asking because I'm sure the Qassia staff is inundated with questions right now, but hopefully I won't take too much time!

I am wondering if it's possible to authenticate website ownership a different way than the two listed on Qassia. You see, for several of the websites I'm promoting I pay a programmer to design them. It is quite a bit of hassle (time and money-wise) to authenticate using your two methods as I would have to pay a programmer to do either option.

Is it possible for me to authenticate by emailing you using a company owned email address? In other words, since this is from an email address "@designcrafters.com" then could it serve to authenticate www.designcrafters.com?

Thank you in advance for your time and for all you do for Qassia!

Pete

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)