jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (9 posts)

writing my first hub

1. 59
    mollymurphyposted 5 years ago

I am trying to write my first hub, I have started, can I go in and out of it, as I decide what I want to say?

1. Jean Bakula profile image97
      Jean Bakulaposted 5 years ago in reply to this

I always write mine on Word, that way I have a hard copy, and I just cut and paste it to a bunch of text capsules. But if you click Save, UNpublished, it looks red on your account page, but you are the only one who can see it until you push publish. Once you publish, people find it on the hub hopper immediately afterward, so your hub gets some exposure. It took me a while to catch on to that!

2. writer20 profile image61
      writer20posted 5 years ago in reply to this

I"m brand new at this, where did you find your hub to write on.

1. Abie Taylor profile image61
        Abie Taylorposted 5 years ago in reply to this

I'm quite new too, but I've got the hang of it. At the top right hand corner of the page it says sign out, start a new Hub, profile and help. 'Start a new Hub' is in green writing, click that. Then you can add a title, URL, Layout and tags. Click done at the bottom, then click continue when you have read the hubthrive agreements. Then you can make your hub! The title will already be at the top, you just have to make it now! you can add text, photos, RSS, a quiz, a poll, Ebay and Amazon products, a map, a space for comments, a table, code and links to your hub. You can also change the ad availability and add a summary when people are browsing through your hubs. You can spell check as well but I'll leave it to you to explore the different tools, that's what I did.

I hope you like hubpages, I love it!

Abie x

3. Daffy Duck profile image60
      Daffy Duckposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Absolutely.  Just click on "save unpublished" and come back to it later.

Just like Jean I write mine on a word document first and then post it to hubpages after I'm finished with it.

4. Abie Taylor profile image61
      Abie Taylorposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Yes. But before making the hub you could write it all on Word and then copy and paste and you could also save your pictures that you might be using, just make sure they are related to your hub. You can click save unpublish and it will look like a redish-brown colour but you can finish it later and publish it for other people to see.

2. 0
    Website Examinerposted 5 years ago

On top of the editing screen, there is an option to save without publishing.

3. mdlawyer profile image59
    mdlawyerposted 5 years ago

I think incomplete hubs are saved by default.

4. wilderness profile image96
    wildernessposted 5 years ago

Unlike many hubbers, I write directly into the capsules without using any kind of word processor.  For me it works fine and I can go in and out of the hub as many times as I like. 

One hub in particular was written over the course of several months, with dozens of writing episodes followed by days of research and/or thought.

I might suggest writing directly into capsules as a good learning method to start with.  It will force you to learn about the various capsules and possibilities available.  If written in Word first it is too easy to simply cut and paste it all into one text capsule, which is not the way to go.