jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (7 posts)

Will Hub Page Work With "Chrome" Browser

1. 0
    shinujohn2008posted 8 years ago

When i use Chrome Browser, Hub Pages shows below Message.

"HubPages may not work with the browser you are using

We aren't sure that this part of HubPages will work with the browser you are using. For the best experience, please use one of the following free browsers.

FireFox: 1.5 or higher
    Internet Explorer: 6.0 or higher"

1. larryfreeman profile image85
      larryfreemanposted 8 years ago in reply to this

Hi Shinujohn,

At this point, there are some incompatibilities between Hubpages and Chrome.  Hubpages is designed to work best with Firefox and Internet Explorer.

We are investigating to see what changes are needed for Hubpages to work well with Chrome.  Hopefully, we will be able to make an announcement about this soon.

1. 0
        shinujohn2008posted 8 years ago in reply to this

Chrome is performing very Good and faster in loading pages, so i had to put up this request.

The main incompatibility i noticed is with Loading and display of Photos in Hub Pages in Edit Mode.

1. weblog profile image58
          weblogposted 8 years ago in reply to this

That's really nice to know about Chrome!! smile

1. 0
            shinujohn2008posted 8 years ago in reply to this

2. premsingh profile image60
    premsinghposted 8 years ago

At this stage, hubpages' text capsule (Edit mode) does not work with Chrome and Opera's latest version. Both these browsers are very fast and it will be nice to see if text capsule is optimized with both these browsers.

3. johnr54 profile image70
    johnr54posted 8 years ago

My understanding is that Chrome is based on Apple's WebKit, so if they get around to fixing the problems with Chrome it might end up working OK with Safari as well.  That would be great.  I've seen the same problems with the editor on Safari, so I have to run Firefox to publish on Hubpages.