jump to last post 1-2 of 2 discussions (7 posts)

Ccan Webcam be made into Quality Videos...like YouTube?

1. Michael Willis profile image78
    Michael Willisposted 5 years ago

I have a Dell webcam built into this computer. I was wondering if anyone has made a high quality video from a webcam?
    I have searched for videos for a new hub I have been working on and none found are worth using. Would like to make my own videos for the hub.
    If webcam is low quality, then I may have to find someone with a video camera.

1. recommend1 profile image73
      recommend1posted 5 years ago in reply to this

Webcam will not give you good enough quality.  You need some kind of digital video camera to get reasonable enough high quality.  You will probably have to reduce the size/quality to make it flow properly online but this is not the same as low quality recording.  I use FormatFactory to reduce and convert video for online for when you get that far smile

Michael Willisposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Thanks for that info. I can see now I need to get a digital recording. 
        I take it that Format Factory is what you suggest for converting from the video recorder to a site like YouTube?  (I have not done the making of online videos before.)

1. recommend1 profile image73
          recommend1posted 5 years ago in reply to this

Format Factory can change the file type of the recording and it can reduce the size/quality so that it streams without annoying pauses while it downloads more file.  and it is free software that works really well, if a little slowly depending on your computer speed.

You will also need editing software that allows you to cut and splice pieces together - I can't help there becasue I use free online Chinese stuff that is a dream to  use, even without understanding the menu big_smile
          If you Google    video editing software free  it will offer you a few alternatives.

OK, got it. I appreciate it!

2. Richieb799 profile image63
    Richieb799posted 5 years ago

I am not an expert on this but I have been experimenting with video sites a lot and even had one of my videos approved for Adsense+Youtube.

It does depend on the quality of your webcam, I've been meaning to buy a better webcam but I think it depends on whether the webcam is capable of HD(high definition) I think there are codecs which allow you to stream in HD as well, do a search on Google for them.

Thanks Richieb,
      I don't think this webcam software that came from Dell is designed for high quality video making after looking more into it. I will probably call around to some people I know and see if I can get them to help me make the videos.

Or, I may try to talk to one of the guys at a local TV station to see if they may even be able to help!

working