jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (5 posts)

Using Creative Commons to Find Pics for Hubs?

1. 0
    Katherine_Huetherposted 8 years ago

I am working on lengthening my hubs and putting in pictures. I was thinking of using Creative Commons for finding pictures but I am wondering - do I need to give credit to where I found the pics when using that site?

2. 0
    daflaposted 8 years ago

Sometimes yes, sometimes no.  Usually on the site where you find the picture, the owner will have requirements for using it.  Some only want their signature or website link left on.  Others want full credit underneath the picture. 

You can find some great free stuff at http://sxc.hu (Stock.xchng). You have to join to get the watermark off the free pics, and be sure to read the terms of use for each picture.

3. 0
    Katherine_Huetherposted 8 years ago

Thanks! I'll check the site out. Do you know if there is an easy way on hubpages to give credit to people?

4. 0
    daflaposted 8 years ago

When you upload a picture, there is a caption space where you can put the credit. Unless they specifically say the credit has to go with the picture, you can simply put it at the end of the article, something like "Picture copyright XXXXX, 2008 All Rights Reserved".

1. Marisa Wright profile image93
      Marisa Wrightposted 8 years ago in reply to this

Yes, that's what I do. I get all my photos off Flickr and put the credits at the end of the Hub.

Usually the credit has to be a hyperlink, not just a reference - and the caption field is not a hyperlink. So putting the credit at the end, where it can be hyperlinked, makes more sense to me.