jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (5 posts)

Amazon persuades California lawmakers to delay tax collection

1. glassvisage profile image84
    glassvisageposted 5 years ago
    1. LiamBean profile image90
      LiamBeanposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Cute! First they "cut loose" all California affiliates and then they go to Sacramento and make a "back room" deal to delay paying California tax on Internet sales.

My opinion of Amazon just dropped drastically.

2. wilderness profile image95
    wildernessposted 5 years ago

Most interesting.  I doubt that it will really affect Amazon in the long term - I'm almost sure that they were planning to build several distribution centers in California which would mean they then have a presence and would have to collect taxes anyway.

I actually hope that the feds can get involved with some kind of law to apply nationwide.  States effort to "sneak around the corner" for their funding is obnoxious and damaging all the way around.

I wonder if this means that the California hubbers can once more use Amazon?

1. Dorsi profile image91
      Dorsiposted 5 years ago in reply to this

This is what I was wondering. I would love to get my Amazon account back. I didn't make alot but those gift cards sure came in handy for buying gifts and things I needed. Plus the Amazon capsules and products are a nice addition to hubs. I would probably make alot more now too since my hub views have doubled.

3. Benjimester profile image89
    Benjimesterposted 5 years ago

Nice, I heard they were in talks for this deal.  I actually went ahead and setup an LLC in another state to keep using my Amazon account for my niche websites.  Guess that was a waste smile  It'll be nice once there's finally some solid nationwide legislation about collecting taxes.