jump to last post 1-2 of 2 discussions (7 posts)

Does Hub Ad program have to be associated with Adsense?

1. 0
    Charlinexposted 5 years ago

It is very strange that my Adsense has not generated any revenue since July 2011. I wrote to Adsense to inquire about it a few times but have not received any replies. Then I wrote to Hub Team to see if they can help me resolve the issue, Hub Team said there was no problem from its end but didn't help me get in touch with Adsense or provide any suggestions. Out of frustration, I asked Hub Team to have my Adsense account suspended. They did, but my Hub Ad program stopped running, too. I am 100% certain that I own all my IP rights in all my hubs. Can anyone give me a clue?

Can I maintain my Hub Ad program independent of Adsense?

1. waynet profile image46
      waynetposted 5 years ago in reply to this

2. paradigmsearch profile image90
      paradigmsearchposted 5 years ago in reply to this

So far, no. Hopefully someday. smile

3. relache profile image87
      relacheposted 5 years ago in reply to this

If you read the explanation of how the HubPages Ad program works, it does so in conjunction with AdSense, comparing bids for ads, and serving the one which pays more to your Hubs.  So, you can have AdSense and skip the Hub ads, but not the other way around.

4. 0
      Charlinexposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Thanks for the answers. Does anyone know how I can get in touch with Adsense?

5. Marisa Wright profile image93
      Marisa Wrightposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Charlinex, if you have HP Ads enabled then it will cause a big drop in your Adsense revenues, because there will be very few Adsense ads on your Hubs.   The idea is that the revenue from HP Ads will replace and hopefully, surpass your former Adsense earnings. 

It's unusual for your Adsense earnings to disappear altogether, but you don't have many Hubs - so it is possible you just haven't had any clicks.

What do you mean by having your Adsense account "suspended"?  I hope you mean you just took it off HubPages!  I would put it back on again, check that everything looks OK and be patient.

2. 0
    Charlinexposted 5 years ago

Marisa, since July until yesterday, there was not even a single cent from page impressions from Adsense, which was highly unusual and never happened before. Hub Team has just reactivated my Adsense today and I saw 0.01 for this month so it seems to be running again. I have no clue why it stopped for more than 2 months.