jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (7 posts)

I think I made a mistake...

1. billabongbob profile image78
    billabongbobposted 5 years ago

I decided to add some amazon links to a few words in one of my hubs. These where meant to replace the amazon capsules that I had previously had running.

I think I made a mistake by adding the links to the words before I deleted the capsules. I wanted to save my work, so as not to lose it, so I clicked 'done editing'. As I hadn't unpublished the hub before I did this, HP thought that I was trying to put too many affiliate links out there. Plus there was a new link that they didn't like, it was a CLICKBANK affiliate link.

I unpublished the hub and  have now removed the amazon capsules and the link with the disliked landing page. However, I'm still being told that I have too many affiliate links (the disliked link is not showing as a problem now). There are only 4 amazon links in the entire article, which is 1725 words long, plus a poll and some pictures.

I don't want to risk republishing it if it going to be in violation.  I've already had problems this week with the hub I wrote as part 1 of this series, I'm still trying to sort that one out lol. But I'll get there wink.

Does anyone have any good advice for me? Calling all seasoned Hubbers..........

I'll do my best to head your advice wink

2. 2uesday profile image89
    2uesdayposted 5 years ago

Contact the team via an email ( sorry I cannot remember the email ad.) try looking in the help or Learning Center.

Maybe someone will post it here for you.

3. billabongbob profile image78
    billabongbobposted 5 years ago

It's ok, I've fixed it. Thank you though. I took another look at it and realised that I hadn't deleted 1 last link. It's published again now, but without amazon capsules atm, I'm off to put some new ones in wink

1. sofs profile image88
      sofsposted 5 years ago in reply to this

50 words for every Amazon link.is the hub page requirement, or it will be considered as overly promotional. Be safe.. smile

billabongbobposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Thank you sofa, I'll bare that in mind. I'm running a much smaller ration than that at the moment, though I have had 1 add for every 100 words, but thought it too many. I don't know, we'll see lol. Thanks again sofa wink

2. WriteAngled profile image92
      WriteAngledposted 5 years ago

It's my understanding that an Amazon link, as opposed to an Amazon capsule, counts as an affiliate link. Also, each Amazon link is pointing to the same domain. Going by the rules on permitted links, you cannot have more than two of these in a hub.

You can have as many capsules as you wish, provided you supply 50 words of text for each product featured. Incidentally, if you set a capsule to show 3 products, but only one actually shows, you still need to have 150 words to cover that capsule. The word count works with the capsule settings, not with the actual number of products displayed.

The reason for the different treatment of Amazon links and capsules is because HP cannot take a cut of any income you make from a link-based purchase, whereas they do with any capsule-based purchase.

billabongbobposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Thank you so much WriteAngled, you explained so much big_smile. I will apply everything that you've said to my next hub. It should prove to be very interesting. I'm looking forward to implementing your 'facts and figures' wink

O appreciate you taking the time to help me out.