jump to last post 1-12 of 12 discussions (27 posts)

Sharing Info on Panda

1. Google Panda profile image60
    Google Pandaposted 5 years ago

Hey guys, I wanted to create another account that's a resource for people wanting to learn about the Panda update and share information about it.  I haven't been able to find any cohesive resource on Hubpages, so I thought I'd create an account for it.  I've put up polls and things like that.  Sorry about the self promotion, but I know that a lot of people are frustrated trying to find current information on Panda right now.

1. uthurban profile image58
      uthurbanposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Non of your hub has anything new - full of stale and known info. Stop pseudo promoting your hubs...... Wasted my ten minutes...

2. PaulGoodman67 profile image89
    PaulGoodman67posted 5 years ago

So, Panda, we meet at last!  There were some people spreading rumours that you were some sort of mathematical formula based on probablities, but I always suspected that you were a black and white bear with a pistol in each paw!

My first question to you is why should we trust you, given that you have been screwing so many of us over since February?

Google Pandaposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Haha, don't kill the messenger.  For real though.  I searched far and wide for an image of a gangster panda that would pretty much sum up the algorithm.  Since the panda algo is pretty much a hired hit man, I thought the image fit nicely smile

2. EmpressFelicity profile image81
      EmpressFelicityposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Nice mental image there lol

3. sarovai profile image64
      sarovaiposted 5 years ago in reply to this

smile smile smile

3. IzzyM profile image88
    IzzyMposted 5 years ago

This is more like the Panda I see!

http://s2.hubimg.com/u/5661669_f248.jpg

Haha, that's awesome.  I mean er, the picture, not the horrific drop in traffic sad

4. IzzyM profile image88
    IzzyMposted 5 years ago

Or this!

http://s1.hubimg.com/u/5661684.jpg

1. sagebrush_mama profile image77
      sagebrush_mamaposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Oh, that's good!  LOL!

5. EmpressFelicity profile image81
    EmpressFelicityposted 5 years ago

Or even this

have now deleted this image - really shouldn't post after three glasses of claret...

1. paradigmsearch profile image85
      paradigmsearchposted 5 years ago in reply to this

I thought of posting that exact same one awhile back, but I was too chicken. smile

1. EmpressFelicity profile image81

lol

On a side note, despite being on the HP ad program I still get the occasional "pure" Adsense click. Which I'm not complaining about - far from it - but it comes up in Analytics as being from "hubpages.com" rather than from any individual hub of mine. Can anyone shed any light on that?

Hmm, that's odd.  I wonder why that would be.  Not a very useful metric.

1. PaulGoodman67 profile image89
            PaulGoodman67posted 5 years ago in reply to this

I've had that too.  I am sure it is a techno anomaly.  Maybe a click on one of our pages that has the old pre-subdomains url for some reason?

1. EmpressFelicity profile image81

Edit: it comes up as "hubpages.com" on the new Adsense interface, but if you go into Analytics itself and change the date etc. you can actually pinpoint which hub(s) got the clicks.

6. paradigmsearch profile image85
    paradigmsearchposted 5 years ago

Uh-oh....

7. PaulGoodman67 profile image89
    PaulGoodman67posted 5 years ago

But seriously, it's a great project that you've set up, Google Panda.  I hope that some light can be cast on the recent developments with the algo.  At the very least, your hubs help new hubbers catch up with what's happening.  Hopefully we can pool knowledge and work out what the heck's going on!  :-)

8. David 470 profile image88
    David 470posted 5 years ago

Really digging the symbolism in that picture! Google panda with pistols (attacks content farms like hubpages.com)

Why have you attacked us Panda!?

9. 2uesday profile image85
    2uesdayposted 5 years ago

Hello Panda, you certainly got me out of my comfort zone sad  and made me decide not to quit writing smile even when my viewings dropped. I mean I was either going to quit or try different ways of working hmm to try to get back to where I was. The
    sub-domains change is helping. smile

Not that Panda will know who I am as I still consider that I am in the 'small potatoes' department.

I have my sites on everyone smile jk.  I've definitely changed how I write as well since the updates.  Hope it all works out in the end.

10. Richieb799 profile image61
    Richieb799posted 5 years ago

I bet I know who is Posing as the Panda in this HP account lol wink

Who?

2. CASE1WORKER profile image79
      CASE1WORKERposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Yes, I think I know  too- I mean who is generally quite witty and with an interest in traffic and stuff- except when he gets a bit mardy!

Hmm, I don't know.  I think you guys have me pegged wrong smile

11. skyfire profile image72
    skyfireposted 5 years ago

Hmmm............

12. Charles James profile image81
    Charles Jamesposted 5 years ago

Google Panda

Why are you wearing nappies? Is this a subtle comment on something?

working