jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (5 posts)

I don't understand why my hub is considered "substandard"

1. PicturePerfectPet profile image92
    PicturePerfectPetposted 4 years ago

I'm new here,and have created 2 hubs. I just finished with one,and published it. The other one I did a few days ago,was up,but today I got something that said it was substandard (it really was an excellent piece!) I just can't figure out why! I t was a piece on pet photography and TONS of my best photos on it,along with my lengthy tutorial on tips and tricks to getting a great candid pet photo.
    It's been proofread,no issues there. All the images are mine. There's no link to anything on the hub. So what's up? I'm confused.

Here's a link to it,but I don't know if it will work;

2. QuestionMaster profile image89
    QuestionMasterposted 4 years ago

Your hub has not been cached in Google so unfortunately I cannot view it.

However this is what the help section says about substandard:

3. relache profile image88
    relacheposted 4 years ago

If the one hub that has been unpublished is anything like the one you still have live, there's a good chance that the formatting of the Hub is part of the issue.  You seem to have created the content without any of the standard space breaks that come after punctuation like commas.  Things like that are going to get your content flagged for revision.

1. QuestionMaster profile image89
      QuestionMasterposted 4 years ago in reply to this

Silly me, didn't think to look for other hubs.

PicturePerfectPet, there are a few things you could change in the hub you do have published - as well as what Relache said.

I'd recommend putting a link to your latest hub in the extreme hub makeover forum and getting some feed back from other hubbers. You can also have a look at some other featured hubs around the site to see the best layouts.

4. mistyhorizon2003 profile image93
    mistyhorizon2003posted 4 years ago

email team@hubpages.com and ask them to be more specific. I doubt they would unpublish a hub for punctuation without first warning you to revise the hub, although I stand to be corrected by HP staff. However I do agree with Relache that you need to add spaces after commas in your hub in order for it to look more professional overall.