jump to last post 1-1 of 1 discussions (6 posts)

Expert critique required

1. Hairyscot profile image60
    Hairyscotposted 5 years ago

Hi everyone, I just joined Hubpages and got my first HUB published. Was having another look at it today to start some follow on HUBS and thought that maybe I have too many pictures and not enough of a story

Any comments good or bad will be taken onboard

Thanks

1. Daniella Lopez profile image88
      Daniella Lopezposted 5 years ago in reply to this

I looked over your hub. I would say that you have a few too many pics. Try taking out the vintage Christmas pics. It's best to stick with pics that depict what you're writing about, or in your case, the products that you're promoting. However, I will say that you're off to a great start. Best of luck and welcome to Hubpages!

Hairyscotposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Thanks Daniella, I will remove pics and sart a few more Hubs

2. IzzyM profile image86
      IzzyMposted 5 years ago in reply to this

I thought your hub was a bit on the short side - a couple more products wouldn't go amiss. That said, the hub looks good and reads well.

Your title is too broad, I would focus it more - put a descriptive word in front of the title - best, top ten, something like that and possibly an age group for the kids too (the ages group these toys are aimed at).

This will make your hub much easier to find in the search engines.

You seem to have an awful lot of tags too, probably too many.

Each tag if you click on it takes you to a feed with other hubbers hubs on it.

Check each of yours, and if yours is the only one on the feed, you should probably delete it.

These are internal tags and not for the search engines, but if your hub makes it to the front page of a feed, you get an extra backlink.

Hope something here is useful to you.

Welcome to Hubpages smile

Hairyscotposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Hi IzzyM, thanks for taking the time to visit my little part of Scotland and to give me some great pointers. I will give my Hub a wee tweak!!

3. kschang profile image90
      kschangposted 5 years ago in reply to this

You didn't explain WHY those are your choices. Why these and not one of the bazillion other games?

No Pros vs. Cons?

working