jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (11 posts)

My hub views was "tripled" last night! Woohoo!

1. rLcasaLme profile image51
    rLcasaLmeposted 5 years ago

Thank you digg!

I'm glad people at digg liked one of my hubs.
    I've been a digg user for a very long time now ever since I wasn't active yet on HubPages. Of all the social bookmarking sites, it was digg that really made me felt like it was home. I gained many friends in there.

While on other bookmarking sites like stumbleupon and reddit, I didn't feel the intimacy I had on digg, though I'd have to thank reddit to gain some of the hub views.

I guess it was your fellow users who will help you be successful in any of these bookmarking sites. Being genuinely social is the key.

Maybe, i'll make a hub about this anytime soon. wink

1. IzzyM profile image87
      IzzyMposted 5 years ago in reply to this

I was always under the impression that traffic from those sites was pretty useless. They don't click, they don't buy, and they don't last!

1. wilderness profile image94
        wildernessposted 5 years ago in reply to this

They don't click and they don't buy, but with impression type ads they can still produce income.

However, my experience is still that they don't last - any income produced is only good for a very few days.

1. IzzyM profile image87
          IzzyMposted 5 years ago in reply to this

It is still better than nothing, a boost to the moral as well, so congratulations to the OP was getting that traffic (should have said that first time round instead of taking the wind out of his sails!) smile

1. rLcasaLme profile image51
            rLcasaLmeposted 5 years ago in reply to this

smile

2. Pcunix profile image88
            Pcunixposted 5 years ago in reply to this

If they aren't out to attack you, sure, it's harmless and the stats look impressive..

2. profile image0
          kelleywardposted 5 years ago in reply to this

I have the same experience with digg and reddit. I get more from reddit but it doesn't last long. Still worth the try though. Congrats!

2. Pcunix profile image88
        Pcunixposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Definitely.

And they often leave useless complaints in the comments.

2. GmaGoldie profile image87
    GmaGoldieposted 5 years ago

From what I have seen, IzzyM is right, it is a short shot like a Ping - brace yourself, enjoy the heights but plan now for another promotion to help you with a drop.

3. rLcasaLme profile image51
    rLcasaLmeposted 5 years ago

anyway, my hub views dropped back to normal. however, i can see slow improvements of my hubs' google rankings which is good. big_smile

1. wilderness profile image94
      wildernessposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Now that's what you want to see - improvements in the SERP's.  Although the big surge from Digg is fun and impressive the SERP's are what counts.  Way to go!

working