jump to last post 1-1 of 1 discussions (12 posts)

Traffic sources-can we dig deeper?

1. WorkAtHomeMums profile image87
    WorkAtHomeMumsposted 4 years ago

In my traffic sources I see a lot of other peoples hubpage profiles. This means they have linked one or more of my hubs into them. Is that correct? Is there any way to find out which hub(s) other than searching thru every hub or contacting them which I wouldn't do?

1. WryLilt profile image87
      WryLiltposted 4 years ago in reply to this

Do you have Google Analytics set up? I've never bothered digging that deep, but if there's a way, it will be in GA.

WorkAtHomeMumsposted 4 years ago in reply to this

That's all too hard. Loll
        I just looked at a newly published hub into the stats tab and saw a traffic source from a hub profile that I know wouldn't have linked to me because their hubs are completely diff topics. So maybe I've got it all wrong. Maybe it can show up as a traffic source if they are logged in and view a hub of mine from an email or something? So confused.

1. lobobrandon profile image82
          lobobrandonposted 4 years ago in reply to this

I was going to tell you about the related hub thing too. Also when people view another hubbers profile and if they've commented on your hub or something and people click your hub through those links (At the bottom of the profile - Hubber activity) it shows as a visit from that hubbers URL.

Thankyou. Didn't know that.

2. WryLilt profile image87
        WryLiltposted 4 years ago in reply to this

Update: It appears you can.

Go into GA and click on "Sources", "Referrals" and then in the list, click on "Hubpages.com"

That will take you to a list of specific link referrals.

Great. Thanks.

2. WorkAtHomeMums profile image87

So it seems there are quite a number of hubpages that are in the referrals...id love to know which hubs they are linking to but cant seem to see that. nice to know that my hubs are liked though smile

2. rebekahELLE profile image91
      rebekahELLEposted 4 years ago in reply to this

It doesn't necessarily mean the author is linking to your hub. Your hub could be  shown as a related hub on one of their hubs, and someone followed the link.

1. Randy Godwin profile image93
        Randy Godwinposted 4 years ago in reply to this

There you go!  I was just going to say this!  smile

http://s1.hubimg.com/u/6186572.jpg

1. rebekahELLE profile image91
          rebekahELLEposted 4 years ago in reply to this

smile

Oh ok thats good - thanks for that.

working