jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (10 posts)

advice on how to organize hub

1. Samoa6 profile image83
    Samoa6posted 4 years ago

I have a very long hub that is broken down into multiple subdivisions, each of which is probably enough for a single hub of its own.  I am wondering if it is best to leave it all together, so that people will (hopefully) bookmark it and use it as a single reference, or whether it might be better to divide it up into ten or so hubs, and interlink them all.  Any expert advice on how to maximize income?

1. dwachira profile image82
      dwachiraposted 4 years ago in reply to this

I thinks dividing it into smaller hubs should be the way. Then, interlink the hubs, you can even organize them in such a way that you create a table of contents in form of links for easier navigation. Visitor don't like to scroll up and down the page so making your hub a long one might be a disadvantage.

2. Samoa6 profile image83
    Samoa6posted 4 years ago

Thank you dwachira,
    That's what I was thinking too, but then I kind of wanted to hear it from somebody who knows more about this than I do!

1. dwachira profile image82
      dwachiraposted 4 years ago in reply to this

Welcome Samoa6, let me know when you published, i would love to read. All the best.

3. Healthy Pursuits profile image88
    Healthy Pursuitsposted 4 years ago

I agree with dwachira. I've seen a few hubs organized that way, and they seem to work well. The first hub is the table of contents, and each table entry is a link to one of the other hubs. Good luck with this.

Samoa6posted 4 years ago in reply to this

Thank you Healthy Pursuits.  I agree, it seems to be the best way to do it.

4. Reality Bytes profile image93
    Reality Bytesposted 4 years ago

I have some hubs over 5000 words, a couple over 10,000.  I thought about breaking them up but I felt I was doing the reader a service by providing all the information in one place.  The search engines seem to agree with me.

Thanks for your input - I have already begun to break them up because I think I'd rather be able to click specifically to the reading I want rather than having to scroll, but we'll see how they do.  I may end up putting it all back together.

1. wilderness profile image96
        wildernessposted 4 years ago in reply to this

You might put in a "table of contents" with links that will take you to a particular location in the same hub.

I don't know how to do that, but I know it is possible and have read a hub about how to do it.

ah, great idea.  i did not know we could do that.  i will start searching for an article on how to do that.

working