New: What to expect?

1. NC4Life078 profile image81
    NC4Life078posted 4 years ago

I see a lot of people wanting to know if they should "revamp" their hubs. All though it may not hurt to do so, I would like to know what I should expect as far as traffic,comments, & revenue.

Question 1:
    Traffic; I have written 4 Hubs, my first hub had been getting 20 views or so per day for 3-4 days. Now its dwindling to around 6. I realize it isn't the greatest read, yet, I feel it is helpful to all those that were in the same predicament. Nevertheless, my 2nd hub which is better written and organized has started the same thing. This one probably doesn't have the best title but I assume my 3rd one with a clever title will do the same as well. Lastly, is 20 views normal? I would like the number to reach hundreads if at all possible but would like to know how. This is other than the typical ways of "putting yourself out there".

Question 2:
    Comments, I suppose this depends on the people as well as the material, and perhaps I answered my own question. But I would like those that read my stuff to be a active participent.

Question 3:
    Revenue, For those that use google adsense, what can you expect as far as Clicks per day I suppose? Let us take the movie "Second Hand Lions" which is a great movie. The young boy in the movie says to his uncles "Whats the point of having all this money if you don't intend to spend it, at least just look at what the man is selling". Yes, you may not intend to buy anything, but there isn't any harm in looking. Maybe you'll find something you'll enjoy or that will make a good gift. I realize not everyone thinks like I do, but, I would like to know -What to expect-.

I thank you all for your time to read and answer my questions. Feel free to read my Hubs as I intend to write a new one daily.

2. melbel profile image92
    melbelposted 4 years ago

1. It all really depends on what you write on and how well it performs in the search engines. Usually the first days after publishing a hub, it gets a lot of views from the community (HubPages) before it dwindles down. It's like this with ever hub, no brand new hub is an overnight success in Google search. But, you'll want to write for Google search, don't write for the HubPages community. Google search brings you better traffic and money.

2. A lot of hubbers will comment on your hubs, especially as you write more hubs and become more active in the community. Also, have great hubs is always a huge help. Never stop improving your writing, be friendly, and you'll get comments. Search engine traffic brings the $$, but from what I've seen, they seldom comment.

3. It depends on your topic. I'm in the HubAds program so I get very few clicks per day. You won't make any money for a while. Some hubbers make good money with just a few hubs, but most of the earners have a lot of hubs. Not because quantity is where it's at, but rather, because the more you write, the higher chance at least one of your hubs will pan out... but quality is the MOST important factor. I can't really tell you about earnings, it REALLY differs that much from person to person. There are probably hubbers with 100 hubs who make a ton of money where someone with 700 hubs makes less than them: quality matters.

Pick search friendly topics.

My best advice to you is to forget about the cashing a paycheck on HubPages anytime soon. Instead, focus on learning what does well. The learning center has some great guides:

Learn the traits of good hubs:

And participate in the weekly topic inspiration as often as possible: … nspiration

The titles that HubPages provides will give you a good shot at some cozy search engine traffic after a while. Also, it gives you a little bit of insight as to what makes a good title.