Is Albert Einsteine the most intelligent man that has ever been born ?

Jump to Last Post 1-21 of 21 discussions (74 posts)
  1. profile image0
    Medkh9posted 13 years ago

i ve read somewhere that when Einsteins died they found out after an autopsy that his brain was larger than normal human brains , , what do you think ?

1. profile image49
      Hasti2posted 13 years agoin reply to this

Probably true, it expands with use and I would imagine he used his quite a bit more than average.

2. bane.hellister profile image61
      bane.hellisterposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I have to say that to lable any one individual as being the most intelligent to have ever been born would be somewhat erroneous without first defining "Intelligent". There have been several great minds mentioned already and to each they were magnificent in their own right, just in different aspects.

Now to get more to the point of Einstein and the scientific world, he was definitely a genius. But the MOST, there can never be a MOST. Case in point, the often overlooked genius of Nikola Tesla whose genius and work was the basis for nearly all of our modern day technology. Not only that but a lot of his work was so advanced it has yet to come to fruition as it is still being perfected in laboratories around the world.

Einstein dealt with mathematical theory, Tesla dealt with Advanced application. Both geniuses, one better than the other? No. They both excelled in different ways. Same with all the others previously mentioned, all were intelligent and Intelligence can't be defined from a single perspective.

3. wildorangeflower profile image60
      wildorangeflowerposted 13 years agoin reply to this

could be. He is intelligent, one of the greatest scientist.
      I think that we cant compare scientists or people in different times as technology develops, some intelligence are aided by tech.
      The impact of the discovery makes the person great.

4. BennyTheWriter profile image69
      BennyTheWriterposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I don't think so, by simple virtue of the fact that the vast majority of people, no matter how intelligent, will ever be as famous as Einstein was.  There are many people we'll never hear about who are just as or more intelligent than Einstein.

5. pylos26 profile image70
      pylos26posted 13 years agoin reply to this

Uncle josh said Einstein was ignorant as crap when it came to cooking good chitterlings.

6. Evan G Rogers profile image61
      Evan G Rogersposted 13 years agoin reply to this

brain size does not determine how smart you are.

Anyone who's taken any sort of ... well... any k-12 program should have taught everyone that there are many animals with bigger brains than us, and we're smarter than them

It ain't got not none nothin' t' do with size --- it's how you use it, by good sir!...

7. Beelzedad profile image58
      Beelzedadposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Whether he did or not really doesn't make much difference. His success was based on the fact that he spent years thinking and working on his theories, day in and day out, living and breathing the physical problems of the day. He really didn't do much else. First, it was light, which led to Special Relativity and then it was gravity which led to General Relativity. He was one of the first to introduce the Gedanken (thought experiment) which helped him visualize certain concepts like the equivalency between gravity and acceleration. smile

2. Cagsil profile image70
    Cagsilposted 13 years ago

Welcome to HubPages!

First, I like to express that you should learn how to spell his name.

Second, Einstein didn't have a larger brain, he manage to probably use more of his brain than the average person. wink

1. snagerries profile image68
      snagerriesposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Yaa.... you should learn how to spell the name of a great genius.

2. profile image0
      Medkh9posted 13 years agoin reply to this

thanks cagsyl , but you should learn how to answer politely

1. Jim Hunter profile image60
        Jim Hunterposted 13 years agoin reply to this

lol

2. snagerries profile image68

Dont take it personal my dear friend.. He didnt mean to offend you.. Chill smile

3. Cagsil profile image70
        Cagsilposted 13 years agoin reply to this

And, you should know that politeness isn't a requirement to get a point across. wink tongue

1. profile image0

now i agree with you  Cagsil . i ve just tracked some of your replies in other forums and knew what kind of arguer you are.

1. Cagsil profile image70

Really? I doubt you know anything about me or my ability to argue.

Not to mention, but reading just some of my posts, you are not likely to understand me or anything about me.

But, nice try though. I'll give you a D- for effort. lol lol

4. Garrett McLee profile image39
        Garrett McLeeposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I think your response to their answer was perfect.

3. Len Cannon profile image88
    Len Cannonposted 13 years ago

Probably not.  That's not to knock him in any way, but there's always someone better, somewhere.  A good argument could be made that Newton was smarter than Einstein. And at what point does it stop mattering?  They were both on a level so far beyond anyone here, who can judge?

1. profile image0

I think Cagsil was better than them all

I appreciate the statement, but not even I think that. However, your sarcasm isn't warranted or needed nor is it required. hmm

1. profile image0

here we go , Cagsil , the smarter guy here and probably in the whole planet is getting mad ,we are just joking man .

Mad? hmm

You're too funny! lol lol lol lol lol lol lol

4. Arthur Fontes profile image74
    Arthur Fontesposted 13 years ago

Let us not forget Leonardo DaVinci?

5. snagerries profile image68
    snagerriesposted 13 years ago

We are diverting from the main topic friends...

6. UniqueBeauty profile image60
    UniqueBeautyposted 13 years ago

I  would say that Einstein was a genius that allowed himself to learn and that was what made him so brilliant (other than my personnal belief that God gave him a gift). Many of Einstein's teachers did not see any promise in him and really disliked him as a student. He couldn't find his niche, hiw thing in life until he started all this theory and science. He found something he was good at and maximized his effect.

As for the being the wisest person ever to exist, no. He was brilliant and I have great respect for him, but King Soloman of the ancient Israel would have to be the wisest man that ever lived, considering his intense impact ont he world at a time when communication was so raw. He was well respected, loved and adored by those who knew him and his wisdom was boundless (another gift of God) Soloman was successful until he stopped using his wisdom, like the marriage to mutiple forgien wives and such that led to break down of his kingdom. Like any human, he had great spirit and abilities, and as long as he used them he was a success. It was when he neglected the gifts that he had when he became a meer rat in the rat race. Still, I respect him for early years. He was a great man, loved God. Very wise. IMHO

Einstein has earned his place in history for subtle, astoundingly accurate predictions that -- as we've seen -- are still being proven true eight decades later. Kip Thorne, a California Institute of Technology physicist, attributes Einstein's deep insight to his "conviction that the universe loves simplicity and beauty... His willingness to be guided by this conviction, even if it meant destroying the foundations of Newtonian physics, led him, with a clarity of thought that others could not match, to his new description of space and time."

2. profile image0

UniqueBeauty , was Soloman genius in the sense that he came up with a certain scientific theory and prooved it  right  , ?
      Soloman was a great historical personality , an influential one but not necessarily a genius one.

1. Misha profile image63
        Mishaposted 13 years agoin reply to this

And you claim to be a "teacher of English"? poor English...

2. UniqueBeauty profile image60
        UniqueBeautyposted 13 years agoin reply to this

the question asked was "Is Albert Einstein the most intelligent man that has been born?"

My answer was not based on whether he was a scientific genius, but that Soloman was intellectually superior to anyone that has been, is and will be. The peace that he was able to maintain in the midle east duing this time in history is briliant, and his judgments are historical. Soloman was not merely a personality, but an intelligent king who wanted the best for his kingdom and the world. Leaders from everywhere came to see his judgments be carried out, and they were amazed by his depth. Scientificlly Einstein may win. but intelligience, IMHO, Soloman wins. I love them both, but I just don't believe that Einstein was the most intelligent man ever to be born, which is the original question posed.

Thats a great reply UniqueBeauty. But for me Einstein was great. Thats my opinion though.

1. UniqueBeauty profile image60

Thank you- I have always loved reading about the lives of the scientist, enjoyed it alot in school. And Einstein was one of my favorites too. lol. and Marie Curie. Gotta love her.

2. profile image0

thanks , your answer sounds convincing

your welcome and thanks. It comes from me heart <3.  Like most everything that I say. Great topic, truly interesting.

7. Misha profile image63
    Mishaposted 13 years ago

Certainly "one of"... "The most"? I doubt it...

8. Pcunix profile image90
    Pcunixposted 13 years ago

Define intelligence first.  Was Einstein smarter than Beethoven?  What about an athlete whose brain has precision control over their muscles?  Is that intelligence?  What about political and social savvy?  Is somebody who could negotiate peace in Israel intelligent?

Great generals?  Great chess players?

Great teachers?

How about great moms?

Don't make the mistake of trying to narrowly define intelligence.  Einstein had a good brain for physics.  Had he been born at some other time he might have remained the unintelligent child he was first thought to be.

Difficult to answer your question..

2. profile image0

Pcunix , is intelligence acquired or innate ?

Its innate i feel..

1. profile image0

i would say part of it is innate but most of it is acquired through different methods like , for instance , for kids the use of complicated video and computer games . puzzles . cube box games ..etc

perhaps both. You can have the gift of being smart, but youalso must pursue knowledge, which is brilliant in and of itself. I believe it is intertwined. People just don't use what they have, and they remain mediocre, never changing anything, anybody. That it true sadness that someone would not become all they can be just because they never tried. That is what sets people apart.

2. Pcunix profile image90
        Pcunixposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Both.

That is not opinion, by the way.  You can easily find the research for that.

Also, at least as tested by IQ, you tend to regress to the norm of the people you associate with.  Good enough reason to stay out of some of the forums here, I'd say, though it coukd be a good reason to be active on HP in general.

9. profile image0
    Medkh9posted 13 years ago

look at this amazing video about Einstein defeating his teacher , its not long its just a minute and 19 seconds , here is the link
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lIQLAE3x … re=related

love it. Thank you for the video. lol

1. profile image0

you are  welcome uniquebeauty

10. Greek One profile image63
    Greek Oneposted 13 years ago

my vote is for Aristotle

http://ffbsccn.files.wordpress.com/2010/03/aristotle.jpg

Now Aristotle is my man. I am studying Ethics and it covered him in the beginning. Love him. Great philosophies. and Plato , Socrates. I love philosophies.... very intersting to compare. Still, He is not the most intelligent to have been born, but he's up there for sure.

2. profile image0

i like Aristotle too

11. wilderness profile image96
    wildernessposted 13 years ago

I highly doubt it.  Socrates and Aristotle come to mind as does Newton, Darwin, Curie and the first man to figure out that saving fire for future use might be handy.  They all just didn't have the work of countless generations to build on.

true. Mordern day scientist are just building on others knowledge and they do have to work from the ground up. They are still brilliant, but they already have a foundation to go on. Teh ancients did not.  And that is why they are loved and revered and remembered.

12. Greek One profile image63

Let us not forget this visionary.....

http://www.tactileint.com/seasia/saigon/colonel.jpeg

1. wilderness profile image96
      wildernessposted 13 years agoin reply to this

lol lol  Perhaps the greatest of them all!

He started out selling a piece of chicken for 25 cents. My, how it has grown. A true visionary.

1. Greek One profile image63
        Greek Oneposted 13 years agoin reply to this

it's amazing what a man can do just by choking a chicken... simply amazing

1. timorous profile image81
          timorousposted 13 years agoin reply to this

lol lol lol lol

13. timorous profile image81
    timorousposted 13 years ago

Most of these 'discoverers' lived at a time when a lot less was known of scientific matters and the universe, so they must have seemed above average intelligence.  They all deserve their place in history, of course.  One thing they were all able to do is 'think outside the box' during their lifetimes.

Perhaps some were geniuses, but only because they came up with insightful, simplified solutions that others hadn't previously imagined. 

There's still so much to discover about many things.  Even today there are many scientists and technicians working behind the scenes, making some revelatory discoveries.  You just never hear of them..they aren't 'celebrities'.  I guess science isn't as sexy as it once was wink

It's the open-minded people that are able to look at the big picture, and think laterally, that leads to new discoveries.

14. _cheryl_ profile image83
    _cheryl_posted 13 years ago

From an article I've read on him, he actually had 73% more glial cells than the average person his age. Those cells are what feed and nourish our brains network of neurons. His brain was also 15% wider than ours, giving him powerful visualization skills. Those regions of the brain are largely responsible for visuospatial cognition, mathematical thought, and imagery of movement.

I absoulutely define him as a genius, one of infinite knowledge beyond science and physics. He shared his knowledge of life in the most interesting ways of intllect as well as common sense.
    “The contrast between the popular assessment of my powers … and the reality is simply grotesque.” -Albert Einstein
    Here's an interesting article about the pathologist who kept Einsteins brain and studied it: http://www.damninteresting.com/the-wher … eins-brain

1. profile image0

thanks chery for the link , its really great .

15. worldgrandeur profile image59
    worldgrandeurposted 13 years ago

Einstein is NOT the smartest guy comparing to other smart men like Jesus,Muhamad...etc who touched people's lives and had followers mounting to millions of people..

16. Greek One profile image63

Hugh Hefner had followers mounting millions of people wink

1. worldgrandeur profile image59
      worldgrandeurposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Ah, really? Are you trying to witty-witty me or what? What are his teachings? In what way did he touch lives and souls? Who's the hell he?

1. Greek One profile image63
        Greek Oneposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I'm not sure what witty-witty is...

but I can guarantee you Hugh Hefner's followers mounted many people

2. Pcunix profile image90
        Pcunixposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Actually Hugh wrote a long series of philosophical articles in Playboy.  Maybe it wasn't mind bending, but it was better than a lot of junk you find on bookshrlves and on the web.

2. Lisa HW profile image62
      Lisa HWposted 13 years agoin reply to this

So did Michael Jackson and Elvis, from what I've seen.    smile

ditto, follow my answer above.

17. beebong profile image57
    beebongposted 13 years ago

He said that the speed of light is the limit of speed. Well I believe that he was wrong with that assersion. When two photons travel towards each other and inter-mingle their gravity fields then the microscopic change between the  two energy fields travels at twice the speed of light and so what happens in that space?. Perhaps another dimension of space and time or perhaps nothing. So lets think and not set into stone one mans idea although his ideas were well founded
    If this is right then the man was wrong. Perhaps the solution is Under our noses & in retrospect and with the benefit of hindsight. Let me know it will make a controversial Hub...:-). Higgs Bosen is ready to be Shot Dead?.

Don't forget that the man made his discovery in a time where everything was primitive! I guess, he did good at his time.

2. Beelzedad profile image58
      Beelzedadposted 13 years agoin reply to this

The speed of light is determined by the permittivity and permeability of space. Photons have no charge, hence they travel right through one another, blissfully unaware. wink

18. beebong profile image57

He had a very distinctive advantage....he used his mind as a simulator to visualise his ideas. He was able to visualise because he was dyslectic....he had an extra large left hemisyhpere to his brain as do other dyslectic people. But he had good schooling and that made a great difference.

Well, I cant argue that, you're right.

19. beebong profile image57

He had a great mind and was very inventive but that was because he had a dyslectic mind that was well schooled and that gave him visuality that ordinary people do not have. Dyslectic people are in my opinion the greatest untapped resource on this planet for abilities of visual thought and planning. And that descripsion embodies the Man Einstein and his theories that first emerged with the prediction of the obiting planet Mercury and its predicted movement during an earths eclipse. An amazing man in his time and space as we all are!.

He was raised in a unique environment and was gifted with a very talented mind. I think the surrounding circumstances contributed a lot. you seem very intellectual and smart too beebong. Thanks for sharing this information.

20. beebong profile image57

Watch the world as it becomes more visual....then dyslectic people who have been lucky to have been taught properly within the confines of their disability will make such a big positive difference to our world. It will be like having a million Leonado De Vinchi's in our presence in the same era.  One day wonderful. Good night...its been a pleasure to express. here is 1:30am and I am off to bed. But thanks for your company.

1. profile image0

do you refute these facts from Dr Diamond report about Einstein s brain : ( A brain’s network of neurons are fed and nourished by cells called glial cells. Dr. Diamond compared the percentage of glial cells in Einstein’s brain to that of other men who died at the age he did, and found that his contained about 73% more than the average. This indicated that Einstein’s neurons probably had a greater metabolic need; they needed and used more energy. ) look ae link that that Chery generously provided for this discussion : http://www.damninteresting.com/the-wher … eins-brain

21. MakeMoneyGoal profile image67
    MakeMoneyGoalposted 13 years ago

Hey, everything's relative! :-)

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)