jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (4 posts)

Schools in the Future

1. NJ's Ponderings profile image81
    NJ's Ponderingsposted 5 years ago

What new practices and developments to you envision the schools of the future will have? For example, ways children are taught, use of technology, security, inclusion classes, etc.

2. dingdondingdon profile image59
    dingdondingdonposted 5 years ago

Recently the new trend is to use educational games in the classroom. It's thought that many children and teenagers learn better when they're engaged with the material and interacting with it, as opposed to simply sitting and listening to a teacher talk about it. I'm quite excited about this, as I think used right, educational games could be a great classroom aide.

Something I hope to see less of is, sadly, parental involvement. In my experience too many parents are hypersensitive about their precious babies, and won't accept any criticism. I've seen parents throw incredible tantrums over statements like "Billy sometimes loses focus in History class" or "Angela needs more practice on her spelling". God forbid anyone even imply their kids aren't perfect. This puts incredible pressure on already strained teachers, and simply isn't fair to the people working in the education profession.

1. NJ's Ponderings profile image81
      NJ's Ponderingsposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Perhaps a class of how to interact with each other is needed for parents, administrators, and teachers.....

3. Sue Adams profile image92
    Sue Adamsposted 5 years ago

big_smile  Children will be teaching their parents how to survive in the new E-age.