jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (5 posts)

What would you like to receive or give for a Mother's Day gift?

1. Ladyfoxx321 profile image60
    Ladyfoxx321posted 5 years ago

I've been thinking about this quite a bit lately.  As a mother, I have never been very materialistic about gifts, but my girls keep asking what I want each year and I struggle for a tangible answer.  My sisters always receive these wonderful gifts and I was wondering what makes other mothers happy?  I think the different displays of love are phenomenal.

For those of you who celebrate Mother's Day, what do you give your mother or what would you like to receive?  Also, what do you give a first time mother or a mother of a new baby?

Please share. Thank you.

1. 59
      GinaNposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Short of a cook, a nanny, and a live-in masseuse, she needs some time alone, up-to-date parenting information, and lots of support...tongue but late-night feedings will be easier on new Mommie and more soothing for the baby if they can spend them in a rocking chair.

2. lovelife08 profile image61
      lovelife08posted 5 years ago in reply to this

I am expecting my first child this summer, and my family is letting me in on the festivities since you become a mother the second you get pregnant.  So for Mother's Day, I would like to meet my child, but she's not quite done yet, so I have to wait.  And that's ok.  Otherwise, I would just like to share in the glory of motherhood with my mother and grandmother.

As far as giving a first-time mother like myself a gift though, just the smallest gesture would mean the world, like a card and a box of diapers.

2. 60
    ForYourInfoposted 5 years ago

Moms love flowers. They are a tried and true Mother's Day gift that work year after year. Whether you pair a bouquet with a keepsake photo or poem or simply send it by itself, it's a give that will brighten her day and express your love.

Send a beautiful bouquet of colorful roses or any one of our top flower picks from trusted merchants.

3. Ladyfoxx321 profile image60
    Ladyfoxx321posted 5 years ago

Actually my sister-in-law sent me a card yesterday that was absolutely beautiful.  I agree a card and a gesture can make all the difference in the world.  I called her today to tell her thank you and how much it meant to her, and she said I made her day.  Again, its the little things.  God bless you all, I hope you have a wonderful Mother's Day.