MarleneB profile image 95

When a recipe calls for egg whites only, what do you do with the yolk?

I want to make a recipe that calls for 10 egg whites. But, I don't like the idea of throwing out the egg yolks. What do you do with your egg yolks that are left after separating the egg whites?

Diana Lee profile image79

Diana L Pierce (Diana Lee) says

• MarleneB profile image

Marlene Bertrand (MarleneB) 16 months ago

Diana, that sounds like a tasty idea. I don't have any pets, but maybe I can treat the neighbor's pet.

Niecey Doc profile image82

Niecey Docherty (Niecey Doc) says

• MarleneB profile image

Hello Niecey Docherty, I didn't know they could be frozen. I might give it a try.

IslandBites profile image85

IslandBites says

• MarleneB profile image

Wow IslandBites! You are a true culinary expert. I have never heard of some of these sauces. I'll have to look for recipes and try at least one of them. Thanks!

• MarleneB profile image

Hello Paula, I have never seen just the egg whites in the store, but I will now look for them. Thank you so much for the tip.

And, thank you for the pat on the back. I don't know how long I'll be at that score, but it feels nice for now.

Blond Logic profile image90

Mary Wickison (Blond Logic) says

• MarleneB profile image

Thank you, Mary. I like your ideas. I'll go find your lemon curd recipe. It's fun to try new things.

Faith Reaper profile image88

Faith Reaper says

• MarleneB profile image

Hi Faith, it is for an Angel Food Cake that my husband asked me to make from scratch. Never made it before. So, I'm looking forward to the answers, too.

LoisRyan13903 profile image72

LoisRyan13903 says

• fpherj48 profile image

Paula (fpherj48) 16 months ago

They are actually called something like "Real Egg Whites"....Egg Beaters are the egg substitute. The egg whites are true whites of real eggs. They do come in the same kind of carton & will be displayed w/ egg beaters......:)

59

srijithr says

• MarleneB profile image

Thank you for your answer srijithr. I like the idea of using it as a hair conditioner. I've never heard of that before now, but it is certainly worth a try. Your other ideas are also creative and worth trying, as well.