jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (5 posts)

Let's Have Your Best Chili recipe for the Superbowl

1. 0
    pgrundyposted 7 years ago

OK, I confess--I don't watch the Superbowl. I like chili though.

What's your best recipe?

I take about 3 pounds of ground round, 1 pound of country sausage, a chopped yellow onion, a teaspoon of chopped garlic, two cans of chiles, and a chopped green pepper and saute all of that until the onions are clear. Then I add three cans of chopped tomatoes with chiles and onions, a jar of enchilada sauce, a tablespoon of sugar, a tablespoon of cornmeal, a tablespoon of chili powder (or more), a cup of dark coffee, and small can of tomato paste, and a dash of red pepper. Add some water if its too thick. Let that cook for a couple hours.

About an hour before you're ready to eat add a big can of Brooks Chili Hot beans, a can of cannelini beans (16 oz), a can of black beans, and a can of garbanzo beans. Heat all the way through and serve with grated cheese and cornbread. smile

2. Mark Knowles profile image60
    Mark Knowlesposted 7 years ago

http://hubpages.com/hub/The-Best-Home-M … -Con-Carne

I also wrote a huge hub about American recipes which includes links to loads of chili recipes including the Lynden Johnson's favorite -

http://www.inmamaskitchen.com/RECIPES/R … nales.html

3. 0
    C. C. Riterposted 7 years ago

Oh man, i have to leave here shortly. But I'll be back with one made with tomatillo's, chili verde. my favorite. And Mark, I'm going to check yours out too. thanks, this is a great thread Pam. I got to dig out my book.

4. 0
    pgrundyposted 7 years ago

Goody! I love recipes. big_smile

5. WeddingConsultant profile image82
    WeddingConsultantposted 7 years ago

Pam I'm sorry your thread here isn't getting much love! I was thinking it was going to be a huge hit.

And as far as our chili preferences, my wife is an expert at combining all the different types of beans and ground beef and I typically come in for the spices!

Spices I like to add to chili:

Freshly pressed garlic cloves (the more the merrier)
    Cayenne pepper (if you want kick)
    A ton of garlic powder
    Taco seasoning packets
    Minced garlic

See a trend? GARLIC!

And the longer you let it sit (preferably in a crock pot), the better the seasonings get absorbed by the different ingredients.

Looking forward to seeing some other recipes.