breakfast

Jump to Last Post 1-26 of 26 discussions (56 posts)
  1. Gabriel Wilson profile image91
    Gabriel Wilsonposted 14 years ago

what's your favorite breakfast on a day off or at the weekend?

1. BDazzler profile image78
      BDazzlerposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Most weekend mornings here on the gulf coast are sunny, yet cool. These days, I have two housemates (a married couple) and a their dog, who is part wolf.

Typically my favorite breakfast goes like this:

I fire up the grill next to the pool, and lay on some thick slices of pepper bacon.  In the mean time, one of my house mates has made coffee, which he brings me as I keep the fire hot enough to cook the bacon, yet not so hot that it catches fire.

The dog stands next to me, wagging his tail and expressing his pleasure at the wonderful smells coming from the grill

The other housemate is in the kitchen frying eggs.

We've gotten our timing down so the eggs and bacon are done at the same time ... we sit next to the pool, eating fried eggs, grilled bacon an sipping coffee, and usually some fresh squeezed fruit juice and talk about how the week has gone, or perhaps nothing at all.

The dog, of course, is tossed pieces of bacon, and usually gets an egg of his own.

1. Ron Montgomery profile image59
        Ron Montgomeryposted 14 years agoin reply to this

mmmmmmm, bacon

2. Gabriel Wilson profile image91
        Gabriel Wilsonposted 14 years agoin reply to this

My kinda breakfast

2. Maddie Ruud profile image73
      Maddie Ruudposted 14 years agoin reply to this

An omelette with the last night's leftover veggies, and some cheese.

3. sagbee profile image57
      sagbeeposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Yeah , Its not other than Boiled eggs or Veg Ommlette.. just love the taste with bread slice on it! yummy tummy..

4. marcel285 profile image64
      marcel285posted 14 years agoin reply to this

lemon curd and honey on porridge, hot chips, eggs on toast with heaps of olive oil and fresh chilli, bacon sammies.

5. sarovai profile image72
      sarovaiposted 14 years agoin reply to this

crispy pancake smile

6. Jeff Berndt profile image72
      Jeff Berndtposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I'm partial to biscuits and sausage gravy, with coffee or tea, depending on my mood.

7. profile image0
      Brenda Durhamposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Bacon w/eggs- or- veggie- omelet, biscuits, and lotsa tomato juice and strawberry or grape jelly.

8. tastyfoodguide profile image61
      tastyfoodguideposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I am always exited to try new recipes at the weekend. The main reason is all the family members gather for a free talk. They all wait to taste my new found recipe .

I try all types of  new recipes of my country from north India to south India. its basically from Idly vada to punjabi dishes.

2. frogdropping profile image76
    frogdroppingposted 14 years ago

Weetabix *nods* smile

really ! do you own shares or something?

3. Mark Knowles profile image59
    Mark Knowlesposted 14 years ago

homemade biscuits and sausage gravy

big_smile

Not exactly slimming though......

1. Ron Montgomery profile image59
      Ron Montgomeryposted 14 years agoin reply to this

The gravy looks great (some novices insist that it should be white, but they're wrong).

I also like eggs with those crispy edges.

1. Mark Knowles profile image59
        Mark Knowlesposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Crispy on the edge, runny in the middle. One thing the French cannot do - breakfast. A Croissant is OK some of the time, but every now and then..

Not sure I could get the gravy white. Or even want to try.

1. frogdropping profile image76
          frogdroppingposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Same here. They appear to drink a very milky coffee and dip bread into it. I haven't given it a go. A bit too much like pobs for my liking hmm

2. Padrino profile image62
      Padrinoposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Excellent!

4. frogdropping profile image76
    frogdroppingposted 14 years ago

lol Mark - that looks mighty fine *rubs belly*

And nope, I have no shares in Weetabix. I just really really enjoy the cereal. Lots of hot milk, a sprinkling of sugar. A good steaming coffee to wash it down. Yummy. Nice with bananas too smile

I was just teasing sounds good.

5. wyanjen profile image70
    wyanjenposted 14 years ago

sausage does not deserve being made into gravy.
    yuck. tongue

You guys enjoy your gravy, I'm sticking with waffles. Sausage on the side.

6. Greek One profile image64
    Greek Oneposted 14 years ago

would 'left over Big Macs from the night before" qualify?

Hey it's your weekend, everything qualifies .

2. Disturbia profile image61
      Disturbiaposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I'm sure cold pizza from the night before qualifies too, as well as stale left over beer, just as long as there are no cigarette butts floating around in it...mmmmmmmmmmmmm reminds me of my college days.

7. lakeerieartists profile image61
    lakeerieartistsposted 14 years ago

Omelette with havarti cheese, tomatoes, and spinach.

8. Sab Oh profile image56
    Sab Ohposted 14 years ago

Natto and a raw egg over steaming hot rice.

I don't know this dish, do you mind sharing?

1. Sab Oh profile image56
        Sab Ohposted 14 years agoin reply to this

http://files.myopera.com/tabatakayoko/blog/natto3.jpg

Natto is a kind of fermented soy bean. Crack a raw egg over very hot rice and mix it in (thus partly cooking the egg) then top with natto. Add some scallions and a bit of mustard if you like.

Tanx, I checked the picture out , I've learned something new, cheers.

9. Ron Montgomery profile image59
    Ron Montgomeryposted 14 years ago

http://www.imparfaitdusubjectif.fr/wp-content/uploads/2006/09/WindowsLiveWriter/ForzaItalia_12C82/pizza_beer%5B2%5D.jpg

Really cool breakfast, that's gotta be a winner.

2. stephensaldana profile image60
      stephensaldanaposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I just loved this breakfast.. can you please share it with me... yummy tummy asking for the feast .. lols

10. europewalker profile image80
    europewalkerposted 14 years ago

French toast,bacon,strawberries and strong coffee

11. Jamiehousehusband profile image67
    Jamiehousehusbandposted 14 years ago

Sounds cool but why does your housemate have to stay indoors?  You could just bring out a frying pan and the eggs to cook outdoors along with the bacon, then relaxation for both, plus the lucky dog gets more enticing smells and can choose his egg !

1. BDazzler profile image78
      BDazzlerposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Well basically, she prefers to cook inside on the stove. And besides, the bacon covers the whole grill.

Three of us together each doing "one thing" (egg, bacon, coffee)  is part of the enjoyment.

12. profile image54
    probafixposted 14 years ago

Egg and Milk..

13. blondepoet profile image66
    blondepoetposted 14 years ago

Oh without doubt pancakes,mmmm, hot, fluffy, succulent, mouth watering, dripping with maple syrup..
    Can only eat them on Sundays though or I would end up like a house.

http://www.petsinuniform.com/images/pancakes.jpg

1. Rod Marsden profile image68
      Rod Marsdenposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I am with you! Except I prefer banana on top, not cut and laid there but crushed and spread thick. Yum. There's a place in the Blue Mountains that makes the absolute best pancakes in the world. Yes, they do have maple syrup and, if you prefer, strawberries and cream. Great art to check out and you can't go past the Three Sisters for something spectacular.

For lunch of a Sunday there's a nice place in the middle of the Royal National Park, NSW that has the most wonderful apple pie. It is actually made there so it is always fresh. What's more on a good spring day when there's lots of wind about you can watch the hang-gliders  in action while you eat.

2. terrowhite profile image57
      terrowhiteposted 13 years agoin reply to this

How can you people make such a delicious breakfast.. its simply amazing.. tongue lols.. I cannot resist myself now from eating.. ahhaha

14. Gabriel Wilson profile image91
    Gabriel Wilsonposted 14 years ago

My own fav, is scrambled eggs and crispy bacon,washed down with a glass of bubbly

1. tingyi2521 profile image54
      tingyi2521posted 14 years agoin reply to this

i wonder does drink tea more healthier than coffee for breakfast?

1. marcel285 profile image64
        marcel285posted 14 years agoin reply to this

Give it a rest tea person. No one is interested in your attempted self promotion.

15. calicoaster profile image76
    calicoasterposted 14 years ago

Ma breakfast!! big_smile

http://www.fiftybucksaweek.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/06/summer-breakfast.jpg

16. rambrose57 profile image62
    rambrose57posted 14 years ago

Pancakes.  Ever since I was a kid.  Usually only have time to make them on Saturday or Sunday.

1. sarovai profile image72

Weekends. It is good to have time to taste the pancakes.

17. habee profile image93
    habeeposted 14 years ago

We never eat breakfast during the week, but on weekends we sometimes go to a breakfast buffet where they serve every breakfast food you can imagine!

1. sarovai profile image72

Is it so. Skipping breakfast will not make you tired?

18. Glenn S. profile image59
    Glenn S.posted 14 years ago

I don't eat breakfast very often. But when I do, my wife's blueberry pancakes are the best.
    G.

19. Disturbia profile image61
    Disturbiaposted 14 years ago

There's a place in town that has a jazz buffet brunch on Sundays. They have the most awesome crab eggs benedict and you can get just about anything you want whipped into an omelette or wrapped up in a crape. It's so yummy.  I love going there Sunday mornings with my girls or my husband to enjoy the music and mimosas.

20. torimari profile image66
    torimariposted 13 years ago

Homemade pancakes or waffles and eggs.

Omelettes are always good as well...hell, I love all breakfast just about.

21. Betty Reid profile image60
    Betty Reidposted 13 years ago

Bacon, egg, and cheese on a biscuit, lots of fruit including berries, orange juice, and coffee.  Since I'm not the cook, it's usually sausage, egg, and cheese on toast, plus the other stuff.

22. Daniel Carter profile image62
    Daniel Carterposted 13 years ago

On weekends, when I have guests, especially, it's a full buffet of waffles, scambled "dirty" eggs with all kinds of stuff in them, fresh fruit, juice, bacon (and maybe sausage), sometimes oatmeal, and whatever else suits our tastebuds in the moment. Sometimes if guests are showing up, they pot luck it with us. Recognizing calories at such gatherings is not allowed.
    wink

Over the holidays, I make pumpkin waffles. Total rock-the-house hit.

23. amberlyne profile image59
    amberlyneposted 13 years ago

Pancakes!!

24. earnestshub profile image80
    earnestshubposted 13 years ago

Slow pan fried tomatoes and eggs. Sugar salt pepper in the tomatoes, eggs with the centres still runny on hot buttered toast today. smile

25. profile image0
    Wendi Mposted 13 years ago

The same thing my sweetie makes me every Saturday and Sunday morning...2 eggs (over-easy,) bacon (from home-grown pigs,) homefries (from home-grown potatoes,) and wheat toast!

Mouth is watering right now because the bacon is cooking as I type.

26. stephensaldana profile image60
    stephensaldanaposted 13 years ago

They can make these breakfast here by pasting them on the post reply post.. lols.. terrowhite.. you should use some brains.. hahahaha,.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)