Where is all the Hubpages coffee addicts? Coffee addict poll.

Jump to Last Post 1-34 of 34 discussions (47 posts)
  1. Naoyuki profile image60
    Naoyukiposted 14 years ago

What kind of coffee do you like?
    How do you brew your coffee? drip coffee? espresso machine? percolator? syphon coffee?
    What machine do you use?
    How many cups do you drink a day?

My answer:
    I drink home roasted, home brewed cappuccino and espresso and occasional lattes.

I have an expobar leva semi-commercial espresso machine as well as my fist espresso machine Gaggia classic.

I drink on average 5 cups of coffee a day

1. alternate poet profile image68
      alternate poetposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I drink between 6 and 10 large coffees in a day, all instant Nescafe.  I don't have the time to make the good stuff and anyway I find it really upsets my digestion if I take more than one large cup of expressed or filtered.

I dream of getting back to France and Italy where almost every cafe makes good stuff and I wish Starbucks could make good coffee.

1. Dense profile image60
        Denseposted 13 years agoin reply to this

You drink more coffee a day than I drink water. wink

2. Lisa HW profile image62
      Lisa HWposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Eight O'Clock beans ground at home (or not) - or else good, old, Maxwell House Original.   Drip maker.  Made less strong than the brewing directions recommend.

Half a 12-cup carafe early in the morning, at lunch, during the afternoon, at dinner, during mid evening, for the 11 p.m. news and a few hours later if I'm still up.  When I'm not home at any of these times I'll get two cups from somewhere outside.  hmm 

Coffee pretty much fixes whatever ails me and prevents a lot of things from "ailing me" as well.

3. profile image0
      OG Coffeeposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I like Organo Gold Healthy Gourmet Coffee and I was never a coffee drinker until I introduced to this Healthy coffee, they have 3 Flavours, Black, Latte and Mocha. 

This coffee is good for whatever ails you and its Healthy so you can drink as much as you want without the jitters or the high and low that regular coffee gives you.

Check out my Blog.

4. LasVegasTaster profile image60
      LasVegasTasterposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Folgers!  Black, no sugar, no cream.... nada!  Less calories!

5. profile image52
      remedy for acneposted 12 years agoin reply to this

I only drink coffee during breakfast and I prefer to drink light coffee with less sugar. smile

For more health tips try to visit [url= http://www.appappeal.com/apps/health/]

2. h.a.borcich profile image61
    h.a.borcichposted 14 years ago

Well, I need coffee to wake up. Going to Starbucks is a treat I savor when I can.
    I have an expresso machine and make various coffees at home. Not so much into flavored columbian beans, but I do like a Zimbabwa for the low acidity (I have Barretts). As long as I keep the temp about 140 I am happy.
    In the summer I make coffee syrup with a toddy maker. A double shot is equivalent to a tall strong coffee. With 1/2 & 1/2, milk, ice and a shot of Baileys...I smile smile Holly

1. Naoyuki profile image60
      Naoyukiposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Toddy maker, check. 
      Another brew equipment in my shopping list.

I love coffee from Etiopian estates for their citrus like after taste. Last one I roasted was Etiopian Gambella.

3. Michael Willis profile image68
    Michael Willisposted 14 years ago

Me coffee addict? Just because I drink a 12 cup pot a morning? lol
    I like Folgers Colombian  and set coffee maker for Strong!

4. profile image0
    sandra rinckposted 14 years ago

Drip, brewed at home, cheap Coffee Mate was on sale for about 10 bucks.  I drink about half a pot a day most days because I cut down from the 1 pot every morning to function because I wasn't making anysense and all my sentances startedrunning together and I really needed to getcontrol of myself so I cut down to half a pot and I usually drinka bout halfa pot of Folgers or Yuban but right now I have some cheap noname brandbecauseIcouldn'tafoord the otherstuff because prices keepgoing up and....

lol big_smile

5. KeithTax profile image73
    KeithTaxposted 14 years ago

Kona coffee. Not the blended stuff. The real McCoy.

Kona Coffee: The Drink of Heaven

1. profile image0
      sandra rinckposted 14 years agoin reply to this

mmm. Kona Coffee is good and strong.

6. BDazzler profile image78
    BDazzlerposted 14 years ago

Gevalia ... Peruvian or Colombian. Dark roasted. Strong.

I'm down to a pot and a half a day now.

I also drink Maxwell House and Folgers in a pinch. 

For an indulgence, Starbucks Latte.

7. mega1 profile image80
    mega1posted 14 years ago

Peet's Coffee (or cheaper Costco darkest roast) - espresso roast  made at home with a 2-cup french filtre pot - grind the beans fresh every morning and make it strong.  two cups in morning - sometimes 1 or 2 in afternoon when I don't mind staying up a bit late.

Important to warm the 1/2 & 1/2 and froth it with a whisk before adding to the coffee and put the other cup in a thermal cup for later.  Don't let it sit and cool off - make fresh and keep warm. don't reheat it  yuck. 

Starbucks coffee makes me feel like I've taken speed - so no thanks.

8. wyanjen profile image69
    wyanjenposted 14 years ago

I prefer my coffee in a purple mug.

I don't care for Starbuck's. I tried so hard to like the trendy stuff but -- no.
    The only brand I use at home and at work is good ol' Dunkin Donuts. I use it for cappuccino too.
    big_smile

1. profile image0
      woolman60posted 14 years agoin reply to this

I agree with you, DD's is the only way to go, Starbuck's too bidder

1. Art 4 Life profile image60
        Art 4 Lifeposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I drink about 6 cups...3 in the morning, 3 in the afternoon....Maxwell house, automatic drip...I wish there was a Starbucks around here... sad

1. donotfear profile image83
          donotfearposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Art, I'm stalking...uah , I mean lurking you on the forums!!!
          And I like Starbucks sugar-free frech vanilla latte!

9. WE5 profile image60
    WE5posted 14 years ago

My brew of choice is Columbian French Roast, a dark roast I purchase as beans at Aunti Crae's store in St. John's NL Canada. The beans are purchased at a fair trade deal then shipped to Portugal Cove NL where it is roasted and packaged. I like it strong and black.

On a humourous note, my wife thinks it smells awful, like old dirty socks...she's a tea drinker!

10. gramarye profile image59
    gramaryeposted 14 years ago

Plain old 43 beans does the trick for me.

11. Living In Paris profile image60
    Living In Parisposted 14 years ago

I love Starbucks' flavored lattes and frappuccinos for a special treat, but I'm aware that those are more "desserts" than coffee, and it's a $5/day habit I can do without.

For my daily pick-me-up, I make lattes at home with instant espresso. I microwave skim or soy milk, then stir in a couple teaspoons of the good stuff, Medaglia D'Oro Italian-style instant espresso. It tastes great, and I can control the calories and sugar (I usually don't add any). A jar costs $4.25 and provides me with enough coffee for about a month. No appliances or cleanup necessary.

12. profile image0
    ericsomethingposted 13 years ago

No addiction here. I can quit anytime I want. Then I turn into Beelzebub.

I like my coffee strong and straight up. A cappuccino or a flavored coffee every once in a while as a dessert, but most of the time something bold. The kind of coffee that tastes like someone left a cigar butt in it.

Favorites: Kona when I can get it (tried some on the Big Island & fell in love with it). Hardy Passion. Even a good ol' Eight O'Clock Columbian in a pinch.

13. SomewayOuttaHere profile image60
    SomewayOuttaHereposted 13 years ago

with a french press; organic dark roast; 3 cups in a.m. only.  once in a while a cafe au lait - not always able to to buy one where i live - people are more familiar with the latte.  and coffee in paris - wow - that's a nice experience!  no gigantic coffee cup there.

14. europewalker profile image80
    europewalkerposted 13 years ago

I like a strong coffee but it has to have a little half and half in it, not milk or powdered creamer. I am a fanatic about that. I usually buy the Starbucks brand and grind the beans at home. I drink it throughout the day.

15. Origin profile image60
    Originposted 13 years ago

Q: What kind of coffee do you like?

A: Irish Creme, or Chocolate Mocha. big_smile

Q: How do you brew your coffee? drip coffee? espresso machine?

A: Mr. Coffee!

Q: percolator? syphon coffee?

A: I have no idea, it drips.

Q: What machine do you use?

A: Mr Coffee!

Q: How many cups do you drink a day?

A: 1-2 a month. I guess I'm not an addict sad

16. Betty Reid profile image61
    Betty Reidposted 13 years ago

I like ground espresso beans brewed in an automatic drip coffee maker.  Some times I get other types of beans, like Bavarian Hazelnut, in the bulk food section of the grocery store.  Once in a while I'll get a Starbuck's frappucino.  I also like coffee with praline liqueur, brown sugar, and milk.  I'm not sure how much I drink, probably 5 cups a day.

17. Ben Evans profile image62
    Ben Evansposted 13 years ago

I like about any type of coffee I can get my hands on.  I end up drinking Millstone, Cafe Apassionato, Tullys, or even sometimes folgers.

I use a french press and I think it makes some of the best coffee.  I drink 2 to 3 large cups of coffee a day.

18. Uninvited Writer profile image79
    Uninvited Writerposted 13 years ago

I use a French press at home also. At work I probably have 3 cups a day, and 2 at night at home.

1. profile image52
      ramonfloresposted 13 years agoin reply to this

coffee from venezuela is very aromatic and strong; i use household expresso machine. one mesuare for an expresso in a large mug, when i feel with glamour: prepare an expresso(half  a small coffee cup,black) the milk in the vaporizer so it makes  creamy (almost as a whipped cream) in which the sugar floats and the spoon stand still; in a large coffee cup the same amount of black coffee:2 drops vanilla, chocolate in grain(1 teaspoon) and cinnamon (1/2 teaspoon) sugar at taste or if wanted richier sweet condense milk. or in a glass full of ice a doble expresso, sugar, very refreshing

1. profile image0
        EmpressFelicityposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Mmmmm, sounds nice.

I buy Morrison's own brand strong blend fair trade coffee for filters/percolators (Morrison's is a chain of UK supermarkets).  It's got a nice espresso-type flavour without being bitter.

We have a really high tech coffee making system in our house (not): it consists of a Pyrex jug, a plastic filter thingie with holes in the bottom and a packet of 1 x 4 filter papers.  Does the job very efficiently though!

I like my coffee with a little bit of full-fat milk and - if I'm eating a savoury breakfast - a spoonful of honey. 

Who was it said that Starbucks made them feel as though they were on speed?  Perhaps American Starbucks is different to British Starbucks, which IIRC is like drinking a bucket of lukewarm milk with a little bit of coffee flavour chucked in (and paying a small fortune for the privilege) - the sort of thing likely to send you to sleep rather than into orbit LOL.

19. nifty@50 profile image68
    nifty@50posted 13 years ago

I love coffee! I make a large cup at the house and then drink 2 or three small cups (on the house) at work! At home, I put 1 1/2 tbs. Of generic Colombian coffee in the coffee maker and fill up the maker with a full cup of water from whatever sized mug i'm going to use! I then add evaporated milk about 1/2 tbs. to my empty mug and place it on the hot plate and turn it on. Walah! brewed coffee for one! Generic is at least 40% cheaper than a name brand and it all tastes the same! I hate to drink instant coffee!

20. Dan's Reviews profile image59
    Dan's Reviewsposted 13 years ago

I like a nice dark roast. I use an "old fashioned" Mr. Coffee drip coffee maker. I like a nice Colombian blend, and hope to be trying a Yemeni Mocha in the not too distant future, When I'm on the road, I like to get an English Toffee Cappuccino, filled between half and two-thirds and the rest with either a caramel or french vanilla brewed coffee - to thin out the cappuccino and add a little more flavor.

21. Greek One profile image64
    Greek Oneposted 13 years ago

My most popular hub is about the coffee I drink.. (Tim Horton's.. a Canadian staple)...and the terrible consequences of what happens when it is incorrectly prepared.

I like my coffee ‘double double’ which, in Canadian parlance, means with two creams and two sugars.

I will drink two or three coffees a day, and as many donuts as my wife allows.

http://images.huffingtonpost.com/2008-11-18-TimHortonsCup.jpg

22. Betty Reid profile image61
    Betty Reidposted 13 years ago

I just came across this thread again.  Maybe I'll make a hub about coffee recipes for the Eat, Drink, and Be Hubilicious contest.

23. daisyf1305 profile image75
    daisyf1305posted 13 years ago

Starbucks is an acidy strong cup pf really good Joe versus Dunkin being a softer more watered down version. Nothing bad some of us like the strong others like coffee a bit milder. It all depends but for me the best Lattes, frappuccionos and iced drinks Starbucks is the way to go.

24. susansisk profile image80
    susansiskposted 13 years ago

I love coffee that is freshly brewed.  That is why I love my Keurig machine.  I especially like the "Newman's Own Extra Bold"  K-cups.

25. lxxy profile image60
    lxxyposted 13 years ago

I'll have you know on any given day I drink on average six-eight cups. Coffee is delicious, especially in the presence of nicotine..and what not....

26. Joy56 profile image68
    Joy56posted 13 years ago

nescafe, you simply cannot beat it.... I also drink lots of coffee, love it, and am probably addicted.  I have no other pleasures in life, honestly...... Well none that are harmful, should drink more water for sure,

27. jestone profile image67
    jestoneposted 13 years ago

Either a well made Latte with plenty of raw sugar or a medium roast brew with real cream and again, just the right amount of sugar.
    Love my morning cup. Oh, and if possible in a nice white mug is key for me.

Jestone

28. ecomama profile image62
    ecomamaposted 13 years ago

I love it all!! I dream of opening my own coffee shop someday so I can drink it all day long for "research"!!!  I am really starting to enjoy coffee alone! No sugar, no Splenda and no half and half! (gasp)

29. Flightkeeper profile image66
    Flightkeeperposted 13 years ago

I have a Keurig at home, right now I'm enjoying Kona coffee from Hawaii.

30. Joy56 profile image68
    Joy56posted 13 years ago

anytime coffee is mentioned  jump right on board, still having lots of daily fixes.

31. daniel0365 profile image56
    daniel0365posted 13 years ago

i'd prefer to drink green tea. Green tea is something that thins your blood, you know.

32. wordscribe43 profile image91
    wordscribe43posted 12 years ago

You rang?

33. brielise profile image59
    brieliseposted 12 years ago

I used to drink almost 12 cups a day but have been cutting back. Now I drink about 4. We use a drip coffee maker and prefer Dunkin Donuts but that's more of a treat than anything (we just got 4 bags for Christmas!). We usually alternate between New England when it's on sale and Folgers when it's not.

My sister-in-law shared an article in National Geographic about caffeine that was disgusting. Turns out, though, that it's better to cut back than quit. Once you start, apparently you can't turn back. It messes with your brain. I should probably find the article before quoting it because I am so not scientifically minded!

34. klidstone1970 profile image61
    klidstone1970posted 12 years ago

Home brewed for me!  Generally only 2 cups a day, I'm a bear without it in the morning.  For a treat, its French Vanilla, and that is usually only once a week. (I tend to buy that at the hockey arena when my son plays).

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)