jump to last post 1-8 of 8 discussions (9 posts)

The Truth Behind Your Sugar Addictions.

1. Roxy Marshall profile image61
    Roxy Marshallposted 8 years ago

You'll find the answer to this question in my new article.
    'The Butter Truth'

Please read it, and comment.
    I'd really, really appreciate it. This is the
    first article that i published online, so please
    tell me how I did.

Thanks everyone!

2. Roxy Marshall profile image61
    Roxy Marshallposted 8 years ago
  3. Misha profile image74
    Mishaposted 8 years ago

Such threads are considered spam in this community.

4. Betty Jo Petty profile image61
    Betty Jo Pettyposted 8 years ago

Roxy, perhaps you could word your invitation differently, sending people to your profile and have the information there.

Would this be better, Mischa?

I really don't know.  Since Roxy is new, I think it would be a nice gesture to let her know how she can use HubPages.

Any other ideas of help from people?

5. Misha profile image74
    Mishaposted 8 years ago

Betty,

Actually just posting some meaningful reply on any other thread on the forums does the job just fine. Before I came to this thread I already went to Roxy's profile and looked at her hub - because I saw her post on another thread, and she is new, and it is always interesting to take a look at who just came in smile

And wording wouldn't help here - it is still unwanted post. If everybody starts opening threads for their new hubs, forums become cluttered and unreadable...

1. BeatsMe profile image79
      BeatsMeposted 8 years ago in reply to this

But not everyone can post meaningful comments on forums.

6. Betty Jo Petty profile image61
    Betty Jo Pettyposted 8 years ago

Understandable.

Yes, It's always good to check out new people's profiles.

Thanks, Mischa!  bjp

7. Misha profile image74
    Mishaposted 8 years ago

LOL She could smile

And shouldn't one stay away from writing and publishing hubs if they couldn't even post a meaningful comment on forums? wink

8. Marisa Wright profile image93
    Marisa Wrightposted 8 years ago

I think what Misha is saying is this:  if we all started a new thread every time we wrote a new Hub, the forums would be overwhelmed.  That's why it's frowned on.

If people see a relevant thread in the forums and post a Hub link in response, that's fine.  Or if they start a new thread opening up a discussion on a topic, the discussion gets a few posts and THEN they post a link to their Hub, that's also fine. 

It's been suggested a few times, that perhaps there should be a section in the forums called "Feedback" where people could post Hubs for review - which would keep them  quarantined.

working