It would have been immoral if Krishna had not fought with his uncles

Jump to Last Post 1-12 of 12 discussions (39 posts)
  1. profile image51
    paarsurreyposted 14 years ago

Hi friends

Morals are doing something on its proper occasion. This is what Krishna taught to his famous cousin in Gita. Had Krishna not fought at that time; it would have been an immoral act on his part? Krishna was a Prince of Peace yet he had to fight with his uncles and other kith and kin for freedom of faith, thought and religion.

Thanks

I am an Ahmadi peaceful Muslim

1. Beelzedad profile image58
      Beelzedadposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Morality in Islam supports violence, not peace.  smile

1. earnestshub profile image80
        earnestshubposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Yep! here ya go!

Qur’an 9:5 “When the sacred forbidden months for fighting are past, fight and kill the disbelievers wherever you find them, take them captive, torture them, and lie in wait and ambush them using every stratagem of war.” This verse is cited more than any other as abrogating less aggressive Qur’anic passages. It is said to have abrogated no fewer than 124 verses of the Qur’an. The reference to the sacred months is said to mean that after this specific period of sacred month, you need not respect any sacred months any more, but can fight whenever it is convenient.

Nice, sweet, loving, tolerant, broad-minded and accepting words from the other "good book"

lol lol lol

2. SiddSingh profile image61
      SiddSinghposted 14 years agoin reply to this

You dont seem to have read Gita either.

Krishna did NOT fight in Mahabharat. You are probably talking about Arjun.

1. Greek One profile image62
        Greek Oneposted 14 years agoin reply to this

yeah,, he fought in Mahabharat...

then he went out for a beer with Jesus while he was visiting India...

tell him, paarsurrey

2. profile image51
        paarsurreyposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Hi friend SiddSingh

The Bhagavad Gita (Sanskrit भगवद्गीता, Bhagavad Gītā, "Song of The Blessed Lord"), also more simply known as Gita, is a sacred Hindu scripture,[1][2] considered among the most important texts in the history of literature and philosophy.[3] The Bhagavad Gita comprises roughly 700 verses, and is a part of the Mahabharata. The teacher of the Bhagavad Gita is Krishna, who is revered by Hindus as a manifestation of God himself,[3] and is referred to within as Bhagavan, the Divine One.[4]
        The content of the Gita is the conversation between Krishna and Arjuna taking place on the battlefield before the start of the Kurukshetra war.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bhagavad_Gita

I did read it aout 4/5 years ago; and was impressed with the wisdom of Krishna.

Thanks

1. Haunty profile image73
          Hauntyposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Are you sure it wasn't a content-spun version of the Gita that you read? lol

1. profile image51

Hi friend Haunty

I accessed it from a Hindu website; I think it was genuine.

Thanks

2. mohitmisra profile image61
          mohitmisraposted 14 years agoin reply to this

True Bhagwat Gita is the discourse Krishna gives Arjun on the battle field of the Mahabharata.

Krishna tell Arjuna that all has already been destined and one must play out his part, Arjuna being  a Shatriya or warrior must fight.

3. pisean282311 profile image64
      pisean282311posted 14 years agoin reply to this

krisha didnot fight my friend..he made arjun fight :-)...also krishna first tried to make peace by himself going to court of dishrastra to avoid war..also war in those times have some strict rules..like not fighting with one who doesnot have weapon , not fighting in night , not using weapons on someone's back , not using weapon even against woman and such stuffs...he didnt attack enemy uninformed without giving time to prepare and such stuffs...

1. profile image51

Hi friend pisean282311

It is good for Krishna and Arjum; ti is also good that they showed some good morals even against the enemies/adverseries.

I love Krishna and Buddha like I love Moses and Jesus.

Thanks

2. TheGlassSpider profile image63
    TheGlassSpiderposted 14 years ago

Hi Paar.

This is interesting to me. Can you tell me what made it the proper time to fight?

Some people consider that there is never a "moral" time to fight.

Thank you.

1. profile image51

Hi friend TheGlassSpider

Please read the first some pages of Gita, and you would yourself know it.

Thanks

2. Greek One profile image62
      Greek Oneposted 14 years agoin reply to this

the only moral time to fight is when you are trying to catch an airplane and a member of the Hare Krishna team is in your way handing out flowers

3. mythbuster profile image72
    mythbusterposted 14 years ago

What would differentiate a content-spun version from a solid version?

What would I be looking for to guarantee a reasonable version were I trying to read these volumes?

1. profile image51

Hi friend mythbuster

That can only our friend Haunty tell us; if he likes.

Thanks

4. profile image51
    paarsurreyposted 14 years ago

Hi friends

Krishna was steadfast on his faith; he did not budge against evil; and he succeeded.

Thanks

1. iantoPF profile image81
      iantoPFposted 14 years ago

I just finished a Hub on the Gita. It is a book within the great Indian epic the Mabharata, the climax of the legend being the great battle on the field of Kurukshitra. There Krishna does fight and is killed. In the Gita the first section or Teaching is about Arjuna"s moral dilemma, whether or not to fight. the second Teaching is where Krishna scolds him for faint heartedness and tells him to get on with it. It's all about Dharma, sacred duty. Sometimes war is the answer.

I am Welsh a fighting kick-ass Celt.

1. profile image51

Hi friend iantoPF

Please tell us more about this "kick-ass Celt" and their religion if any. Was it a revealed one.

Thanks

iantoPFposted 14 years agoin reply to this

LOL It's called a sense of humor. I'm reacting to this "Ahmadi, peaceful loving" stuff you keep writing. But since you bring it up I would fight to save a firend and i have a stubborn Donkey. *winks*
          This is a thread about the Bhagavad Gita, we can talk about Pagans elsewhere and what would happen if we were to set up an altar in a Moslem country.

i am Welsh a fighting Kick-ass Celt

1. profile image51

Hi friend iantoPF

Then start a thread about "peaceful celts and what happened to them at hands of the Christians"; if you may; no compulsion or Madame X could do it.

Thanks

2. profile image51

Hi friend iantoPF

I agree with you. When the enemy or adversary is genocidal ; and does not listen to reason and arguments; it is defensive and understandable.

Thanks

2. iantoPF profile image81
      iantoPFposted 14 years ago

ooops I got it wrong. Krishna didn't die at the battle. teach me to write without thinking. Though Krishna did not fight he did say that Arjuna was his instrument, the archer by his side.

1. profile image0
        Madame Xposted 14 years agoin reply to this

smile

(I just love a kick-ass Celt smile )

iantoPFposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Love you too smile

3. keshev profile image60
      keshevposted 13 years ago

I think that we are not in a position to talk about what krishna did.Only what we can do is to follow his instructions for our sake.thats it....we dont have spiritual and devine mind to elaborate what krishna did...atleast i dont have

1. profile image51
        paarsurreyposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Hi friend keshev

Can't one have an idea from Gita as to what Krishna thought and did? Obviously like Jesus he was no god; here the Hindus become mythical like Christians.

Did you read Gita?

Thanks

2. profile image51

Hi friend keshev

Do we have any instructions from Krishna in writing from him or dictated by him or he authorized explicitly somebody to write for him his followers memorized all he said and that chain has come to us unbroken, undoubtedly.

Or he thought his instructions were no important to the people of the coming generations and he did not do it. If it is not so then his instruction are obviously neither meant for us nor needed by us.

Thanks

4. profile image51
      paarsurreyposted 13 years ago

Hi friends

Catholics have found ways when it becomes not only morally justifiable to make defense but it becomes even morally obligatory to preempt a war; must be from some teachings of Jesus as the Catholics are the only true Christians, as they claim:

Pre-emption, Just War and the Defense of World Order

“At the level of moral principle, however, it seems to me that there are, in fact, instances where it is not only right to "go first," but "going first" may even be morally obligatory. “

http://www.catholiceducation.org/articl … j0008.html

Thanks

5. Greek One profile image62
      Greek Oneposted 13 years ago

i think hjeanh has a good point here

1. profile image51

What is hjeanh's good point, here?

Thanks

1. Greek One profile image62
          Greek Oneposted 13 years agoin reply to this

darn.. they removed his comments

6. Cagsil profile image70
      Cagsilposted 13 years ago

At the highest level of morality, it would be immoral of any single individual to stand by and do nothing while someone else is killed.

That is as far as I will go about this topic. hmm

1. profile image51

Hi friend Cagsil

There are many dimensions of morality; the one you have mentioned is correct as I think; but ther could be others as well. Anything else comes to your mind? Please

Thanks

I am an Ahmadi Peaceful Muslim

7. Cagsil profile image70
      Cagsilposted 13 years ago

"could be others as well."

You are kidding right? The preservation of life is the highest moral ground. Anything beneath is nothing much, but it is only one person putting self ahead of the rest.

Again, as I have pointed out in my many hubs- Civilization, the human species, at present day is not civilized. The civility of the human species is still growing and expanding. Therefore, individualized perceptions of morality continue to reign supreme, allowing people to ignore, what they themselves refuse to see in themselves or their potential. hmm

1. profile image51

Hi friend Cagsil

Now suppose you have been very good to others; having done no harm to anybody; you come out from your house and all of a sudden somebody attacks you with a weapon and endagers your life; will it be immoral for you to defend yourself from being killed.

Won't you?

Thanks

1. profile image54
          (Q)posted 13 years agoin reply to this

Yes, we come out of our houses almost everyday to find someone attacking us with weapons and endangering our lives. We then immediately turn to our scriptures in which our god has condoned us to put the attacker to death.

No religion would ever condone killing under any circumstances, which is one of the reasons Islam is not only wrong, but very dangerous.

8. rendragon profile image58
      rendragonposted 13 years ago

arjun fought it...krishna was present in battlefiedl and give advice to arjuna.....krishna was riding the chariot of arjuna.....wen arjuna said he culd not fight against his relatives who was compelled to act against "dharma" by duryodhana and other kauravas,krishna adviced arjuna the essential to fight the dharmayudha [war to instigate justice]...

1. profile image51

Hi friend rendragon

Defensive war for justice and to establish freedom of faith is rational; those who don't support it in fact side withe the aggressors and cannot be peaceful or democratic or religious or moral.

Krishna was morally right to defend his position

Thanks

Thanks

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
    Necessary
    HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
    LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
    Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
    AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
    HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
    HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
    Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
    CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
    Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
    Features
    Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
    Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
    Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
    Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
    Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
    VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
    PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
    Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
    MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
    Marketing
    Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
    Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
    Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
    Statistics
    Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
    ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
    Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
    ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)