Finding original teachings: Moses, Buddha, Krishna, Zoroaster, Jesus

Jump to Last Post 1-7 of 7 discussions (59 posts)
  1. profile image49
    paarsurreyposted 13 years ago

Hi friends

I understand that the original teachings of Moses, Buddha, Krishna, Zoroaster and Jesus; all perfect fruits of humanity and personification of wisdom and knowledge; have been lost in the original language they spoke or write.

This is very important as could be understood from the following experience in case of Buddha I suggested to my friend teacher crmhaske:

You just make an experience. If we take one generation of 25 years; then it would be about 16 generation since the death of Buddha. The verbal transmission would have exchanged chain of 16 heads at least, if not more. Make five rows of persons whom you trust to be most memorizing; each row having 16 people in it. Then transmit text of passages as long as the Pali canon; to the first person in the rows hitherto unknown to them. When the first persons has been given enough time to memorize the text, then he should go to the next person in the row and transmit it to him; till the message reaches the last person in the row one by one. The last person should write the message. Since there are five rows; you will get five messages. Now see for yourself as to what has happened to the original message.

I encourage the followers of Moses, Buddha, Krishna, Zoroaster and Jesus to try similar experience.

Thanks

I am an Ahmadi peaceful Muslim

1. profile image0
      crmhaskeposted 13 years agoin reply to this

The truth isn't found in the original message, but in a message that works for you.  What was true centuries ago may not be entirely true today.  To adhere fundamentally to archaic teachings is terribly naive.

I don't have in writing the exact words of the Buddha, but I don't need them.

Furthermore, a game of telephone is something completely different than monks who have dedicated their life to memorizing and passing a figure's teachings.

1. profile image49
        paarsurreyposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Hi friend crmhaske

You can choose teams of people even from the dedicated monks; no restriction and no compulsion.

Thanks

1. profile image0

It would be impossible to replicate what you are asking in our lifetime.

2. profile image49

Hi friend crmhaske

In other words you deny that Buddha had any truthful teachings that you or any other humans need. So you are not a believer or follower of Buddha; and you just speak about Buddha for the sake of fun; if I have understood you correctly. Please elaborate further for us.

Thanks

1. profile image0

No, I don't deny that the Buddha has any truthful teachings, I think that the Buddha has many.  What I'm saying is that Buddhists are not representative of Buddhism - but neither are Christians of Christianity or Jews of Judaism or Muslims of Islam or Hindus of Hinduism and on and on.

I don't believe in religion, but I do believe in the Buddha - that he was a real person that hacked a path up the mountain that I like best over the other possible paths I could choose to follow.

Religion is faulty.  It's like trying to interpret a painting after the artist is dead or analyzing a poem after the poet has died.  It's impossible to get the exact message the artist/poet/writer etc. intended, but if the message you've decided on works for you, then so be it.

I call myself a Buddhist because it's just easier that way.  It's the belief system I most closely align with, but my "belief" system is a lot more complex than that.

2. dfager profile image60
    dfagerposted 13 years ago

I don't understand how Islam is different from the rest of the world's religions in this respect.  Furthermore I believe that God reveals himself to the individual so that the individual can choose to believe and accept His authority.  Even Moses made a choice.  If I were Moses, what's to stop me from thinking I was crazy, dreaming or hallucinating?  Finding God is something that is done individually, it is subjective.

1. profile image49

Hi friends

Once the Creator- God Allah YHWH has chosen and sent a Messengers Prophet; the humans can only reach God by accepting him; if they deny him; they cannot reach Him.

Thanks

1. pisean282311 profile image61
        pisean282311posted 13 years agoin reply to this

this is what doesnot make sense to me my friend..prophet denial or acceptance...making prophet more impt than true essence..religion ,if real should not be taught or read from books..it shuld come naturally...now if u see someone say dying and u can save him/her , would u read some book or listen to some prophet about whether u shuld save him or not?..no..u wuld go ahead and save him..thats natural which comes from within..that is only true religion which is called humanity...be human , do good..keep it simple..thats it..

1. profile image49

Hi friend pisean282311

Like in Science one relies and learns with certainty from the experiments of the Scientists; so in religion one learns from the experience of the great men who reached God Allah YHWH with certainty and God Allah YHWH acknowledged it by selecting them as Messengers Prophets. It is best that one accepts them and follows in their experience.

Revelation is a Word descended from God Allah YHWH and authored by Him; if one does not want to read it from the written; one can learn it from others. Nowadays tape recordings and cassestes are also available, one can hear them.

Thanks

that is my whole point my friend..did allah made manual on how to breath or how food get converted into energy..no ..it is natural..in same way if god wanted religion as prophets claim it to be , HE would have programmed man since birth for it..u and i wuld have been born with it like we are born with hearth that beats, brain that thinks..religion is not natural...spirituality is. ..humanity is , empathy is ..that is true religion..rest are good ideas which at times get interpreted and used for political needs..

1. profile image49

Hi friend pisean282311

Natural is what has been destined by the Creator - God Allah YHWH in the physical realm; similarly natural in the Ethical, Moral and the Spiritual realms is what he has destined for our guidance.

Thanks

3. sunforged profile image70
    sunforgedposted 13 years ago

A really great source of original texts of all faiths is

http://www.sacred-texts.com/

1. profile image49

Hi friend sunforged

The original texts of Buddha, Krishna, Zoroaster, Moses and Jesus are not available with them in their original languages they spoke. Please check them if they have. A Buddhist here crmhaske denies that Buddha left no written text of his teachings. Please check it

Thanks

1. sunforged profile image70
        sunforgedposted 13 years agoin reply to this

w/o checking I would agree - The Buddhas lessons/sutras  were transmitted orally , the tradition was kept for near 200 years.

this is not uncommon within religious tradions and really isnt any issue to argue about!

2. profile image0

No original writings of the Buddha have been found to date.  Maybe they exist, but we haven't found them.  I'm doubtful they exist.  It would have been pointless for the Buddha to write his teachings when the people he wanted to teach to wouldn't be able to read them, but you never know.

1. profile image49

Hi friend crmhaske

A wise man thinks ahead of times; now the Buddhists in so many countries could have read his written words of wisdom and got guidance. Instead of Buddha's own teachings; people are reading things " in Buddha's name" which he never believed or taught.

I love Buddha and Krishna as I love Moses and Jesus.

Thanks

1. TMMason profile image60
            TMMasonposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Momo left no written word either.... he recited his suppossed revalations paas. True that after a time others wrote them down. Matter of fact there is a very prominent dispute as to whether or not Momo wrote the qu'ran at all, or if he was simply tutored by some friends.

There are several lines of thought...

Some believe that two men, Jabar and Yassar, who were well versed in the Pentatauch and the Gospels aided him, tutoring him in those things which he would need to kow about each of the religions to passs off his sham.

Others allege Abdullah Ebu Salab a very learned Jew and intamite friend of Mohhammud taught him and guided him in those things he would need to know.

But the general opinion is that a man named Salam, a Persian, and another named Sergius Boheria a nestorian monk and friend of Momo's from his youth, are the ones who helped him in his scheming.

Regardless... Mohhammud himself never wrote a word of the Qu'ran... he recited it. And the fact that these others probrably all helped at some point is obvious from the confabullated confusion of the qu'ran itself.

allah doesn't haver a clue about the history of Isreal, or Christianity in the qu'ran, one of it's most glaring errors, and can't even figure out at times whether he is supposed to recite in the first person plaurality, or not.

To try to equate Islam to any of the world's great religion as as valid as they... is absurd. Anyone who has read the Torat, Ingeel and Qu'ran can see plainly the direct contridiction between Islam and the other two.

I know you won't answer me, paas. But enjoy the read anyway...

4. tantrum profile image60
    tantrumposted 13 years ago

The only real teachings in this world are 'Nature' teachings. Simple as that. You don't need a Buddha, Jesus, Mohamed, Zoroaster, etc, to know what's good or bad. You don't need them to know what's ethic.
    Why Man has to complicate things so much ? It seems we have a very complicated mind. I wonder who created it. Not a God for sure. It looks more like a scientific test gone wrong . LOL

exactly..i totally agree with tantrum..

1. tantrum profile image60
        tantrumposted 13 years agoin reply to this

lol

2. profile image49

Hi friend tantrum

You are totally wrong here. Like you need to study Science and acquire othe knowledges; and you don't rest with the nature only ; the same way in Ethical, Moral and Spiritual realsm one needs to acquire guidance very naturally.

Thanks

Maybe you're the one that needs guidance ! big_smile

Your peaceful 'virtual' friend

lol

1. profile image49

Thanks

You're welcome ! big_smile

3. Jerami profile image59
      Jeramiposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Morning Ms. T

I can Aaallmmoost  agree with your statement.
        That scientist you speak of  COULD ? be who we are calling God.

And I agree that  Nature is our best teacher. 
        According to the Books;  this is all that the vast majority of the people had to guide them before the invention of Religion.

I wouldn't want to ignore the presence of some kind of spiritual influence though. 
         I think Right here is a good place out of witch to have our beliefs sprout and grow ? 
         Everything gotta continue to grow, ya think ?

Yeah!
        but spirituality  can be taught or perceived without religion.
        It's within you. You choose to be spiritual or not.
        Religion only gather people together to manipulate them. Just like politics. The same thing.

agreed

I think you're ready for my Religion ! big_smile

lol

lol lol lol prophet tantrum's first disciple..

big_smile

I'm building my temple ! LOL

2. Jerami profile image59

I have to agree with ya again.
          "Religion" as an orginization created by mankind is for the purpose of controlling the masses.

It is always hard to express my thoughts properly because everyone has a diffrent concept of what "Religion" and beliefs in a God  are when someone else uses these terms.
             Religion to me sounds kinda like a political party.
             Spirituality can be almost the same beliefs but on more of a personal level. Something like that anyway.

Well, In a little while... I gotta drive over to a bank and get some money,

I'm off as well. Lots of things to do ! C U later ! smile

1. Jerami profile image59

me too, right now   later    By

2. profile image49

Hi friend Jerami and Tantrum

If you are finished with your work; please come to the topic:

Finding original teachings: Moses, Buddha, Krishna, Zoroaster, Jesus

Others may also join

Thanks

1. profile image0

Why do their original teachings matter so much to you?  A belief system is not defined by what it was, but what it is now.  Anything else matters only to the historians.  No belief system today is true to what it was the day it was born, Islam included.  How are we to progress as a species if we are constantly reaching backwards to the "good old days."  Fix today for a better tomorrow.  Whatever happened today that you didn't like is because of what happened yesterday that obviously didn't work - so why yearn to repeat it?  Nostalgia is such a curious characteristic of Homo sapiens, we always remember things to have been better than they actually were.

1. profile image49

Hi friend crmhaske

Absolute truth has no time dimension; it is always truthful and refreshing; it flourishes and is progressive.

Why you like Buddha? He was a person who passed long ago.

If he is important to you as a wise human being; why shouldn't he be important for me? The same way Moses, Krishna, Zoroaster, Jesus etc were and  are fruits of the humanity. I would like to read their original writings on one page with translation in the opposite page; or something like that. 

Thanks

1. profile image0

What you want doesn't exist.  There is no one Buddhist document, there are many.  None of them were written by the Buddha himself.

1. profile image49

I meant authored by him or dictated by him to the scribes or instructed them to preserve in writing.

Thanks

2. mohitmisra profile image60
                  mohitmisraposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Do you really believe everything in the Holy Quran was dictated by the Prophet Muhammad or many others added their two bits in it.

If it was written by Muhammad hen he was a fanatic  which totally contradicts the saying that he was a tolerant person who preached tolerance amongst religions.

1. profile image49

Hi friend  mohitmisra

How do you say that? I don't get it. Does anybody get it?

Bring out any brilliant arguments if you have any?

Thanks

2. profile image49

Hi friend  crmhaske

Except Quran; which is as secure and pristine as the time it was Revealed. Since it is authored by the Creator-God Allah YHWH it remains as fresh as ever. It guides in the Ethical, Moral and Spiritual realms; please point out truthful teachings in these realms which is not in Quran; and also mention that teaching in any other Revealed Book which is reasonable and rational for  comparison.

Thanks

5. profile image49
    paarsurreyposted 13 years ago

Hi friends

Moses, Krishna, Zoroaster, Jesus etc were and  are fruits of the humanity, great people in different regions of the world. I would like to read their original writings on one page with translation in the opposite page; or something like that. Anbody of having any clue to any one of them, please inform here.

Thanks

1. mohitmisra profile image60
      mohitmisraposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Krishna and Jesus never wrote anything, don't know about Moses.
      Zarathustra was a poet who wrote the Gathas.

6. SunSeven profile image62
    SunSevenposted 13 years ago

I feel that the following will have nothing missed out from the original post:

"I understand that the original teachings of Mohammed, Moses, Buddha, Krishna, Zoroaster and Jesus; all perfect fruits of humanity and personification of wisdom and knowledge; have been lost in the original language they spoke or write.

This is very important as could be understood from the following experience in case of Buddha I suggested to my friend teacher crmhaske:

You just make an experience. If we take one generation of 25 years; then it would be about 16 generation since the death of Buddha. The verbal transmission would have exchanged chain of 16 heads at least, if not more. Make five rows of persons whom you trust to be most memorizing; each row having 16 people in it. Then transmit text of passages as long as the Pali canon; to the first person in the rows hitherto unknown to them. When the first persons has been given enough time to memorize the text, then he should go to the next person in the row and transmit it to him; till the message reaches the last person in the row one by one. The last person should write the message. Since there are five rows; you will get five messages. Now see for yourself as to what has happened to the original message.

I encourage the followers of Mohammed, Moses, Buddha, Krishna, Zoroaster and Jesus to try similar experience."

7. Dale Nelson profile image38
    Dale Nelsonposted 13 years ago

As I swear no allegiance to any particular religion and like to read all of them to form my own opinions.

The best place i have probably found all religious texts is on http://www.sacredtexts.com

So thats where i find original teachings if that was a question.

1. profile image49

Hi friend Dale Nelson

The original teaching is written or dictated by the founder of a religion in the original language it was Revealed; it is good if a translation is provided side by side.

Thanks

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)