Do you think too much?

Jump to Last Post 1-8 of 8 discussions (17 posts)
  1. sirrot profile image60
    sirrotposted 13 years ago

When you are afraid to take a chance or even go on a small adventure is it because you are thinking too much.  Could it be that depression may even come from introspection gone wrong?  Let me know how you feel about the subject...just don't get obsessed with it!

Read this post on retirement and aging and see what your take is.
    <link snipped, no self-promoting links>

b

1. schoolgirlforreal profile image79
      schoolgirlforrealposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I do. Not in that way I don't think though.
      I just like to analyze things and figure things out.

2. Cagsil profile image70
      Cagsilposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I don't think too much. wink big_smile

2. Lisa HW profile image62
    Lisa HWposted 13 years ago

Well....     Let me think about that.............

http://i232.photobucket.com/albums/ee124/hrh7c/thinker.jpg

...................................................etc. etc.

1. Lisa HW profile image62
      Lisa HWposted 13 years agoin reply to this

http://i232.photobucket.com/albums/ee124/hrh7c/thinker.jpg

.......................................................................................................
      ....................................................................................................

...................................................................................................

Hmm.    I need to think about it a little more.  I think, maybe, I'll have to get back to you on this.  Then again, I think, maybe, I need to think about whether or not I should...................................................................

1. vydyulashashi profile image58
        vydyulashashiposted 13 years agoin reply to this

i will analyze the situation,but won't think too much abt that

3. profile image0
    Lecieposted 13 years ago

most of you know that i have social phobias, this usually stops me from going anywhere or inviting people over. i just start thinking about everything that can go wrong. but not any more, i made a new friend and i go just about any where now on a spontaneous whim. today we are going to play putt putt but i don't know what time and i don't care. i'm no longer thinking about the situations, i'm feeling them. i know that i love to play putt putt and be with this friend so that's all that matters.

1. Lisa HW profile image62
      Lisa HWposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Lecie, excellent.  Hope you find you feel happier once you start doing that.    I think sometimes being with a friend can make a person forget to worry or think about things  quite so much, and instead just enjoy being with the friend.  Have a nice time.   smile

1. profile image0
        Lecieposted 13 years agoin reply to this

thanks so much, it's taken me a while to get to this point but i have been enjoying myself with this new friend. i guess a friend was all i ever really needed.

2. Rafini profile image82
      Rafiniposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Congrats Lecie!  big_smile smile big_smile

4. Disturbia profile image62
    Disturbiaposted 13 years ago

I can’t say that I over-think anything and I'm a born risk taker.  I've never let fear stop me from doing anything.  I’m the queen of impulsive behavior and anyone who knows me knows I’m always acting first and then thinking about it later... LOL!

5. SomewayOuttaHere profile image60
    SomewayOuttaHereposted 13 years ago

no...i love doing things on impulse...it's fun.

6. Greek One profile image64
    Greek Oneposted 13 years ago

according to most of my high school teachers.. no... no I don't

1. ggerner profile image59
      ggernerposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Very funny, oh Greek One.

As for myself, I'm the creative type and am also very active, a big fan of Nike's "Just Do It", so i might benefit from more analytical thought.

1. Greek One profile image64
        Greek Oneposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I'm more of a Puma fan... "Lie around all day in the sun like a big lazy cat"

7. Rafini profile image82
    Rafiniposted 13 years ago

I definitely think too much.  There was a time when I wished I didn't, then went through a major depression where I ended up not thinking at all - just sat there staring into space for hours at a time.  Something I never want to return to!

Yes, I do kind of think depression is caused by introspection gone wrong.  At least for me...over analyzing myself to the point of almost driving myself crazy just to determine whether I was telling the truth about myself or if other people were right.

8. akirchner profile image93
    akirchnerposted 13 years ago

I tend to jump in and do it - no matter what and then realize after the fact that maybe it wasn't such a hot idea...but for me it works because it always gives me material I guess for a comedic hub! Yikes...I do stress always having your health insurance up to date, however!

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)