done with hubpages

Jump to Last Post 1-13 of 13 discussions (27 posts)
  1. LittleSueII profile image59
    LittleSueIIposted 13 years ago

Just spent the last 5 hours setting up my new hub only to see nothing had been saved/downloaded except my first text. No pictures, no other frickin capsules. What a disappointment.

1. YU_First 1 profile image60
      YU_First 1posted 13 years agoin reply to this

It helps to save things another program... say Microsoft Word, then copy and paste into hub; that way if things wrong your original work is backed up elsewhere.

Do not despair... everything on hub pages takes longer than planned but it eventually works out.

1. Misha profile image63
        Mishaposted 13 years agoin reply to this

don't speak for everybody, please. smile

2. LittleSueII profile image59
        LittleSueIIposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Thanks YU_First for the advice on copying although I should have known that. Obviously was too excited and then frustrated with myself to remember smile

2. eaglecreek profile image61
      eaglecreekposted 13 years agoin reply to this

don't let it get you down . i'm still working on completing my first hub. uggg its driving me crazy. we all get mad and lose it every once in a while . i can remember one time i was writing a little article on how great the frog gigging was down in little horseshoe bayou , yeah i'm sure all you good folks have been down there a time or two. so i was writing on my back porch , i had to write out there cause it was deer season so i thought i would write the article and get a ten point all in one shot (get it), i'm hard pressed for time . so i look up from my laptop and ooo dogies did i see a big un . i grabbed my rifle got a clean shot and fired and dog gone it when the gun kicked it knocked my pc slam off the porch and into a five gallon bucket of gear oil that i had left there from when i was working on the tractor that morning. well as you can imagine i was pretty mad , i was jumping , cussing , hooten and a hollerin my coon dog hi ball was looking at me funny and i cant prove it but i think he was laughing at me ,  and to top it off the deer got away . i sure hated to go to bed hungry that night  but it is what it is .

take care all

2. paradigmsearch profile image60
    paradigmsearchposted 13 years ago

If you are talking about your flower hub, it is there! smile

3. jessicab profile image60
    jessicabposted 13 years ago

Do not give up, alot of things in life can be frustrating.

Not giving up - just had a bit of a temper tantrum. Glad there is a place to vent...lol
      I don't think I was speaking for everybody...just me.
      Very new at this and really working on my patience level. So many questions...

1. Misha profile image63
        Mishaposted 13 years agoin reply to this

It's normal, we all had questions, and lots of them - when we were new. Ask away and most people here will do their best to help, just don't pretend it is Hubpages' fault you don't know something. smile

And speaking for everybody referred to yu-first, you definitely are not guilty in it smile

2. profile image0
        shazwellynposted 13 years agoin reply to this

It will be fine... just take it easy, one step at a time.  Do we not stumble when are will goes faster than our feet?

Welcome to Hubpages smile

4. paradigmsearch profile image60

Interesting; I checked again, and now her pic is gone.

5. paradigmsearch profile image60

There are now two hubs.

Looks like she is staying... smile

Yes, I am staying. Thanks for checking for me!!!

1. profile image0
        TopUniverseposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Well done. Keep it up.

2. schoolgirlforreal profile image77
        schoolgirlforrealposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Well you may be doing better than i was...smile cause I didn't know about the forums till later lol

6. profile image0
    Jasmine JellyBabyposted 13 years ago

Tell me about, I always feel like breaking my screen when posting a hub. It takes me half an hor to put the pictures, text, the amazone ebay and comments etc.

But I usually create my hub in Microsoft word and save it there first then copy and paste in the hub. In that way if anything goes wrong, I still got my hub stored.

So don't give up yet.. just find something to smash and you'll be back to normal smile

Found something to smash...please do not ask....and now back to normal. Thanks!!!!

1. prettydarkhorse profile image61
        prettydarkhorseposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Once you had smashed everything near your computer, it is done.
        There are some glitches sometimes, just take a break, then come back. BTW, Welcome!

7. rebekahELLE profile image85
    rebekahELLEposted 13 years ago

patience helps. or take a break. we've all had our yelling at the screen moments. smile

8. kashmir56 profile image77
    kashmir56posted 13 years ago

Glad to see you got it all worked out.

9. mdlawyer profile image44
    mdlawyerposted 13 years ago

These may be due to temperory glitches

10. GmaGoldie profile image80
    GmaGoldieposted 13 years ago

I am with schoolgirlforreal - the forums were nothing I knew of or understood for months.....

The forums still are hard for me to follow...

Patience will pay and it gets much easier.

Do a little at a time - it makes it much more fun and the saving is simpler too - just a suggestion.

And a very good suggestion, thank-you. And, yes, my patience level is increasing and  I am having fun now!!

11. Simone Smith profile image89
    Simone Smithposted 13 years ago

Thanks for keeping at it LittleSueII - HubPages has a lot to offer!  I second YU_First 1's suggestion of saving text in another application first.  What I tend to do is write my text somewhere else to begin with (I usually use Google Docs) and then just copy and paste it into the text capsules of a hub when I'm ready to publish.

Hope things are going well!  I see you've published a bunch of new hubs and they're really fantastic!

12. Greek One profile image62
    Greek Oneposted 13 years ago

I'm leaving unless I get that little 'e' for Hubpages Elite next to my avatar ASAP...

or unless I reach $10 in Adsence within the next 2 years

1. Barbara Kay profile image74
      Barbara Kayposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Greek One, You sound like me. I feel like I'm not getting anywhere.

13. Sweetsusieg profile image75
    Sweetsusiegposted 13 years ago

Yep, smashing things does sound like fun!!  Felt like it for the last couple of days..  But things get better, I've found they usually do.

I'm glad they are working out for you.  Like a lot of others I write on Word before publishing.  There for a while my dogs were unplugging my computer...  Yeah, NOW that was frustrating..  particularly when I was in the middle of an article.  Uhuh... dead dogs..  LOL  Just kidding!!

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)