Is it possible to earn good money without any backlinks to our hubs?

Jump to Last Post 1-11 of 11 discussions (32 posts)
  1. profile image0
    TopUniverseposted 13 years ago

Has any one have success with it. I mean anyone got adsense payout without any backlinking work.

1. relache profile image73
      relacheposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Yes.

1. 2uesday profile image66
        2uesdayposted 13 years agoin reply to this

- thank you relache - after reading your post last week this response is inspirational.

I am not one of the people who gets a payout every month but I have had a payment and no I do not spend time back-linking; tried it out but decided to spend the time writing instead.

I rarely do key word research either, unless I am unsure how best to word a title. Mostly I go with what would I type into a search engine in relation to what I am writing about.

2. profile image0
      ankigarg87posted 13 years agoin reply to this

yes it is possible i donot use backlinks in my hub before 2 monthss but i still gets good income.

2. WryLilt profile image89
    WryLiltposted 13 years ago

I've probably done 20 backlinks max. And I'm getting my first payout this month.

I tweet my hubs but that's about it.

In fact that was the original reason google wanted people to use backlinks - as a way of saying a site was good instead of making your own.

Organic backlinks work too.

If you choose good keywords you can get good traffic.

1. profile image0
      TopUniverseposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Congrats for first payout this month.

Did you make any keyword research before publishing the hub?

1. WryLilt profile image89
        WryLiltposted 13 years agoin reply to this

LoL probably about 25% of my hubs are keyword researched. I usually write things I'm interested in.

Although it's adviseable to stay away from highly saturated subjects such as "How to make money online".

If you're going to write about something, be specific. For example don't write about baby care after birth, write about caring for baby's belly button.

1. profile image0

I do making keyword research most time. But unfortunately getting few visits from search engine.

Can you take a look at my hubs? and tell me what is wrong with me.

Your hubs may be perfectly written etc - but that is worthless if no one ever SEES them.

Post one or two on the Extreme Hub Makeover forum.

1. profile image0

This is my worry even after kw research no traffic from SE. I have one doubt that will it take more time to get SE traffic?

*most* hubs will start getting good traffic in 6-9 months if they are going to take off.

1. profile image0

Ok. thanks. How was SE traffic to your hubs in the first 3 to 4 months?

Almost nonexistant. smile

Then I stumbled on some good topics.

And my hub with the most views right now (~300 a day) only got about 2-3 visits a day for the first six months...

2. Marisa Wright profile image86
            Marisa Wrightposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Your Hubs are pretty short.  That could be affecting things.

1. profile image0

I don't think 400 to 500 words is too short.

The only hubs I have that are under 500 words are usually sales/product hubs.

All my informational hubs are generally between 700-1500 words.

1. profile image0

So 400 to 500 words means

Am I in trouble?  for getting SE traffic.

1. Marisa Wright profile image86
                    Marisa Wrightposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Yes, some of our most successful Hubbers have experimented with length and found that Hubs need to be at least 800 words for top performance.

The other alternative is to write two or three 400-word Hubs all on the same broad topic, and interlink them - that seems to work just as well.

2. Susana S profile image94
                Susana Sposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Personally I agree with Marisa - my short hubs do no where near as well as my long hubs. I usually aim for a minimum of 750 words, and most of my hubs are between 1000 - 2000 words.

If you think of writing your hub to be the best page on the web for a particular topic then it's going to be hard to achieve with 500 words.

3. LindaJM profile image83
    LindaJMposted 13 years ago

You can always "get lucky" and make a lens about something that will be in huge demand with no competition a few weeks from now... but you're more likely to make a considerable amount of money if you do keyword research and at least try to attract search engine traffic. Backlinking causes search engines to give your site better search engine positioning... so it is definitely a part of my long-range plan for making money here at HubPages.

4. sunforged profile image70
    sunforgedposted 13 years ago

Yes

Backlinks are about staying competitive in competitive markets, with good research you can find topics that lack competition capable of standing  up against a well optimized hubpage.

We probably all have different conceptions of what good money is. Making adsense payout is a great milestone when starting off but isnt "good money" in this part of the world. You will have to do lots of research and experimentation and production in order to make good money by most standards.

http://thelittlecriminal.files.wordpress.com/2009/06/ninja-0011.jpg?w=302&h=430

ninja stole my post shhhh!

http://s138.photobucket.com/albums/q245/calala_red/?action=view&current=40ways-1.jpg

An example of a hub without backlinks.

5. englightenedsoul profile image58
    englightenedsoulposted 13 years ago

SF, you are right, backlinks and promotion are only required for competitive terms and also to ensure that no one knocks you off from the top position in the SERPs.

And @TopUniverse - I would highly recommend that you read this hub on keyword research.  It helped me immensely and it is specific to hubbers.  A must read....

http://hubpages.com/hub/Keyword-tips-Mo … g-keywords

6. Susana S profile image94
    Susana Sposted 13 years ago

@TopUniverse - You asked for some feedback so I had a look at your hub on maternity body pillows. First thing I notice is that you have no amazon products on there. This is a prime hub for selling through amazon so I'd advise you get some on there! Here's an example of a good amazon hub.

Take out those links in the first paragraph - do you really want someone going to another hub as soon as they arrive?

Add more sub headings using the H2 or H3 options.

Add a relevant news feed below the comments box.

These are just a few things you can do to improve your hubs smile

7. darkside profile image62
    darksideposted 13 years ago

Backlinks are made for two reasons: 1) For search engines to count them and hopefully reward the linked page a higher ranking in the search engine results, 2) For exposure to real people, so they can click on the link and visit your linked page.

And is it possible to earn good money without backlinking? Yes.

If your content is original and unique and useful it could be indexed and highly placed by search engines quite naturally. People finding your site who find it useful may also link to it by mentioning it in their blogs, posting the links in their forum posts as an answer or resource for others who have asked a question, or even emailing it to friends, family or work colleagues. Maybe even spread it via word of mouth, and by that I mean they actually tell them the URL in person.

8. PR_am profile image61
    PR_amposted 13 years ago

Yes, some hubs can earn you money without backlinks but good back link technique can earn you more.

My advice is: if you have time, do good backlinking. It pays one way or the other

9. Richieb799 profile image74
    Richieb799posted 13 years ago

personally I think backlinking is very important, some people get away with only a few high PR backlinks to a few articles but you need to keep adding, you can't rely on one or two

1. darkside profile image62
      darksideposted 13 years agoin reply to this

The purpose of backlinking is to rank higher for your targeted keyword phrase in search engines.

What if you can rank high for your keyword phrase in search engines without trying to create backlinks?

10. Spacey Gracey profile image40
    Spacey Graceyposted 13 years ago

I don't bother placing backlinks anymore but my best hubs I know (because I've seen them) have at least one organic backlink, and those backlinks have really helped them.

I stopped backlinking because I am quite restricted on my hubbing time and I'd rather be writing than backlinking - plus my philosophy was that someone else might lay a backlink for a hub they like, but noone else is going to write my hubs for me.

All great points.

As I say... I'd rather 150 hubs that mature next year rather than 5 hubs who are getting tons of traffic right now. tongue

11. Jason Menayan profile image60
    Jason Menayanposted 13 years ago

You will see in our Success Stories that many of our very successful Hubbers don't do much at all in terms of backlinking, but are still successful:
    http://hubpages.com/help/success-stories

Very high-quality content - and plenty of it - and patience are key.

That said, some conservative backlinking (posting to Twitter with appropriate hashtags, posting to Facebook, linking from your own blog on a complementary post) can only help.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)