kontera earnings

Jump to Last Post 1-17 of 17 discussions (20 posts)
  1. premsingh profile image60
    premsinghposted 15 years ago

It is strange to note that my earnings from Kontera ads were $32 in October end but now total earnings are $27.5. Though earnings are increasing every month but total earnings are decreasing. I tried to contact kontera sending email but didn't recieve any answer. Neither they have credited the referral bonus as per their condition the referred publisher had more than 60000 visitors in two months. Any comments...

1. guidebaba profile image56
      guidebabaposted 15 years agoin reply to this

My Kontera Revenue was $91 a couple of months back. Now it is $59. I am in Koma.

2. Anti-Valentine profile image73
    Anti-Valentineposted 15 years ago

That's funny, because I thought that I noticed the same thing when I checked my account- several times.

3. Whitney05 profile image82
    Whitney05posted 15 years ago

Have you altered the time frame for earnings? This could be the reason, although I'm not sure

4. Carolina Crete profile image67
    Carolina Creteposted 15 years ago

I just signed up for Kontera a few days ago and read this in their T & C's:
    http://www.kontera.com/ads-for-site/bec … -publisher

"4.2 PAyment terms....  if the Revenue Share for any given month is five dollars ($5) or less, Kontera shall not be liable to Publisher for any such payment.  Further, if the Revenue Share for any given month is between five dollars ($5) and one hundred dollars ($100), Kontera will roll such amount over to the subsequent payment period, and shall not make any payment to Publisher until the accrued Revenue Share for a payment period is at least one hundred dollars ($100)."

So it looks as if any earnings under $5 per month get wiped out!

I wondered about this when I signed up but decided to give them a shot as there haven't been any complaints / queries here about it.

If this is the case they are getting free advertising from possibly thousands of hubbers and bloggers etc.

1. premsingh profile image60
      premsinghposted 15 years agoin reply to this

Your assessment appears convincing to some extent. If they are doing it then they should allow publishers to set a minimum limit as being done by Squidoo.

5. sunforged profile image70
    sunforgedposted 15 years ago

that does seem like a pretty shady arrangement....but then again if you consistently make under 5 dollars a month...then you should consider it a hobby or fix whatever your doing wrong that keeps you from generating enough traffic to clear a measly 5 bucks

not in defense of kontera, cuz im not a fan, but I clear a lot more than 5 bucks...but it should be more, they have a pitiful payout system and their ads are obtrusive...if i have to annoy my readers I should get much bigger ppc's .......I have actually seen clicks get between .002 and .005 on a regular basis - never got more than .35 per click which is usually my min in adsense.

very shady arrangement...good share

6. Anti-Valentine profile image73
    Anti-Valentineposted 15 years ago

This sucks. Even Adsense doesn't screw you over like that. It's no wonder Kontera is nowhere in the top list of affiliates anywhere on the net.

I came across this the other day:

http://www.affiliatebestprograms.com/10 … -for-2009/

7. sunforged profile image70

wow... i just figured out that i only had kontera enabled in my first 3 hubs...that may have helped explain low earnings.. I disabled kontera on all my offhub pages, as i think its invasive and annoying to my readers and can only take away from aff sales.

But...yep..didnt even have it enabled on most of my hubs

8. bgpappa profile image79
    bgpappaposted 15 years ago

I love it.  Took Kontera two weeks to start tracking my hubs, then jacked the payout.  But what are you going to do?

9. relache profile image72
    relacheposted 15 years ago

In 2008, I averaged $60 per month from Kontera with a little over 100 Hubs.

If you don't have many Hubs, you'll need to create more to make Kontera profitable. 

If you have that many Hubs or more, you need to make sure you have keywords that Kontera thinks are good in your written content. 

And you'll want to make sure your written content is more than the 400 word minimum that HubPages recommends.

That seems to be the basics of what's making it work for me.

10. sunstreeks profile image80
    sunstreeksposted 15 years ago

I haven't had Kontera enabled on my hubs because I was worried that the clicks would take away from my steadily growing Adsense earnings. I've heard that the Kontera click earnings pale in comparision to Adsense. Being that it's the beginning of the month I was considering turning on the Kontera in my hubs.

Those that use Kontera and enabled it after months of using Adsense, did your Adsense earnings suffer significantly after enabling Kontera? Was adding Kontera worth it?

11. sunforged profile image70

"And you'll want to make sure your written content is more than the 400 word minimum that HubPages recommends.

That seems to be the basics of what's making it work for me."

a little off topic...but I have a theory that crappy content makes for better earnings.

I have a couple of autoblogs that essentially are filled with crappy spun articles that is just keyword rich...so it still ranks for the keywords...those pages generate more income then any of the pages I actually put effort into.

Content, well really keywords is necessary to to be found in search results...but it seems if you write a nice comprehensive article, then your reader has no reason to click out for more information.

But if they stumble onto one of my crappy dyslexic keyword rich articles that cant get out of there quick enough and tend to leave via an adsense ad

Im not suggesting that such athing should change anyones writing style as it seems many hubbers are writers first, and who wants a profile full of crappy content! but it really seems to be true.

I have aLOT of pages outside of hubs that I am basing this on

1. relache profile image72
      relacheposted 15 years agoin reply to this

Kontera's latest user agreement (just issued Mar 3 '09) specifies that this type of content can get your account with them shut down.

12. BristolBoy profile image62
    BristolBoyposted 15 years ago

Personally I find Kontera ads very annoying, and for this reason I have chosen not to put them on any of my hubs.  In addition I have spoken to a friend who knows a bit and he said that having Kontera and Adsense on a website leads to less Adsense clicks.  Whilst it is likely that the combined will be more than just Adsense, I don't personally consider it to be worth it at the present time as obviously it will lead to less income from Adsense and then I would be further away from my first cheque.

13. Whitney05 profile image82
    Whitney05posted 15 years ago

I'm still deciding whether I like Kontera or not, but from what I'm reading about them taking money I'm seriously thinking about canceling my account with my upcoming payout. It seems I get so close to payout then by the time I get my $100+, my account is near $70ish and my thoughts are "why not wait to get that last $20 and then cancel," and the cycle continues each month, getting so close so I never want to cancel anything.

I haven't noticed any changes with my Adsense earnings. I've been making more since I've added Kontera, but that is more than likely just coincidence with having more hubs, more traffic, etc.

BristolBoy. I agree that they are very ugly, but for testing purposes I opted for them.

I've seen those crazy low earnings too. If I made in Kontera earnings per click what I do in Adsense, I'd be ballin. Ha With near 3,000 clicks I still don't have $100, close but still $6 and change off.

14. Inspirepub profile image72
    Inspirepubposted 15 years ago

I haven't been looking closely at my Kontera earnings - they are just over $70 now, but from what I hear they could well have been higher last month, and I have also had earnings docked so that they can avoid ever paying out.

I am currently making about 50c per day, so if I don't get paid in April or May, I'll pull the Kontera ads off all my Hubs. It wouldn't take much of an increase in my Adsense CTR to make an extra 50c a day.

Jenny

15. sunforged profile image70

yeah, i scannedthem,received in  emailed today.blah,blah...we are a lame network..bkah blah we will take your money if you dont make 5 bucks blah blah blah accepting our money means you accept our agreement blah blah blah..TOS are like the parents on charlie brown

.i of course do not care even a tiny bit about any of my publishers TOS - there are always replacements..personally I have over 30 publishers - and multiple accounts with most important - it helps when you have both a individual tax id number and an EIN

not that i intentionally break TOS but publically telling me about them is a big not interested -

but i doubt my autoblog articles would be relative to the terms anyway ...when i say crappy spun content - thats by my standards - they still read like the average internet writers masterpieces, as there is a bit of personal touch

nonetheless, you give them to much credit as I do follow this rule

2.1. Site Approval. Implementation of the ContentLink Service is subject to Kontera’s prior
    approval of Publisher’s websites. Each additional website must be approved by Kontera
    prior to Publisher placing the JavaScript Tag on such website. Kontera reserves the
    right to deny or revoke participation of any website in the ContentLink Service at any
    time in its sole discretion.

and they have yet to not approve

what are you talking about anyway? I see no such clauses taht are relative to my statements .. i said keyword rich - not stuffed

16. dcmerkle profile image60
    dcmerkleposted 15 years ago

I'm new here and I was going to ask about kontera. I have Ad Sense and didn't see the need to sign up with kontera unless it was really a benefit. I'm glad I slipped into the forums tonight and saw this.

DCMerkle

17. profile image0
    multimasteryposted 15 years ago

After reading this thread i think i'll just stick with Adsense!

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)