Let test God to see if He is real?

Jump to Last Post 1-16 of 16 discussions (71 posts)
  1. profile image53
    haj3396posted 13 years ago

Ask A question to me that only you can answer and I will ask God to answer your question to sees if He is real.

1. goldenpath profile image67
      goldenpathposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Games is NOT the work of God.  The Adversary is not bound by the veil of knowledge as we are.  He know who we are and our potential because he remembers us from before the world was.  The answers to these types of games can only come from him.  Answers are personal and come to the person themselves.  There is no mediary.  One must learn to quiet the soul and listen to the voice within for answers.  NOT the internet. 

Sorry but this is false.

1. profile image53
        haj3396posted 13 years agoin reply to this

Is that judgmental or word/action. There are millions of people out there, that only will believe God if he show them He is true. I believe if these people ask God to show that he is real He will show them. If they done know how to ask then I will ask for them. No Games try to help

1. libby101a profile image60
          libby101aposted 13 years agoin reply to this

God is not going to prove his existence through works like this! Have you ever considered the fact that you are adding to their negative views? Maybe God doesn't want people to see proof! Maybe he wants people to come to him through free-will--not works and wonders! If God doesn't want people to see proof then you are claiming proof and thus causing people to think negatively! Stop adding to the problem! Be a solution!

2. Shadesbreath profile image76
        Shadesbreathposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I swear, you are the only obvious believer on here who actually seems to understand your faith.  It's amazing to me how many out there have missed EVERYTHING about it and yet still pimp it, mouths moving, blah blah, and haven't got a clue how stupid they look, and worse, how much damage they do to the purpose of helping people find God.

3. libby101a profile image60

This is horrible! The Bible says not to tempt the Lord they God and that is exactly what is going on here!

How would you be able to talk to God for others? Are you better than they are? Anybody can talk to God!

2. Mark Knowles profile image59
      Mark Knowlesposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Well? What is my answer?

1. pennyofheaven profile image78
        pennyofheavenposted 13 years agoin reply to this

1. Mark Knowles profile image59

Oh dear. So there is no god? What a shame..........

lol

2. profile image53

what is your question?

That is the answer that proves your god does not exist.

Thanks for validating my lack of belief. lol

3. profile image0
      sandra rinckposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Am I pregnant?

1. profile image53

God I done have the answer to this persons question, but, you do, well you please answer it. Not My well but, your well be done, in Jesus name Aman. Now wait on the Lord for your answer. I done need to know you need to know. Let me know when he answer you.

Awww but we want to know

4. profile image0
      Deborah Sextonposted 13 years agoin reply to this

1. profile image53

Lord I can not see the future, but you can. The question is, "what happened to this person on Oct.11, 2010 and will it change for the Better"? God I done need to know the answer but this person need to know the answer so they can believe in you, not their well but you will be done in Jesus name amen.

Starting to not like this game. You have your own rules.

2. Jerami profile image58
        Jeramiposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Does Your right leg hurt and also your lower back just a little.

5. jagandelight profile image68
      jagandelightposted 13 years agoin reply to this

God is definitely real. I do not have to go through another person to get my question answered because God answer me directly through His word, The Holy Spirit, visions and dreams, and He speaks to my spirit.
      Testing God is not a trivial matter, You might not like the answer or the outcome, (Galatians 6:7) Be not deceived; God is not mocked: for whatsoever  man soweth, that shall he also reap.  It takes FAITH in God. Believing that He is God and that you want to get to know Him to receive anything from God, He reads your heart and He knows if you are genuine or just playing.

1. Randy Godwin profile image60
        Randy Godwinposted 13 years agoin reply to this

A person can convince themselves of anything if they wish to.  It doesn't have to be about a deity either.  Otherwise, why so many religions, both ancient and modern, with followers convinced they can communicate with their gods?

2. Beelzedad profile image59
        Beelzedadposted 13 years agoin reply to this

So, something is real because you dream about it and have hallucinations? LOL!

He knows when you are sleeping, he knows when you're awake, he knows when you've been bad or good, so be good for goodness sake. smile

1. Daniel Carter profile image62
          Daniel Carterposted 13 years agoin reply to this

You are so getting coal in your stocking this Christmas.

1. Beelzedad profile image59

If Santa is a Christian, you can bet I will. smile

3. pennyofheaven profile image78

Yes and I think thats why the bible says treat your neighbour as yourself, or do unto others as you would do unto yourself. For you will you reap what you sow. What goes around comes around. Cause and Effect. Karma. Whatever one wants to call it.

Peoples actions or words often will reveal much about them without them realizing that is what they are doing.

Not sure what this had to do with the thread. Sorry about the tangent. Carry on!

6. violann profile image60
      violannposted 13 years agoin reply to this

don't have an answer for this, however I need to know if God will prevent me from being evicted and why am I terrified of contacting my landlord/lady??????/

7. Shahid Bukhari profile image60
      Shahid Bukhariposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Therer is no such Question ... That you, or I ... can ... ask ...
      we ask, when Asked.

2. Cagsil profile image70
    Cagsilposted 13 years ago

How is asking something that is made up in your imagination going to help? hmm

You fail to understand that "god" is only in your imagination, yet you speak as if real.

Did you know that you're not suppose to externalize your god? hmm

The whole of physical existence as we know it to be was created from imagination.

1. Castlepaloma profile image77
        Castlepalomaposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Almost

Haha ok almost if you like. Care to elaborate?

Our imagination only deals with the 1% maximum manifested into our ego self and then our sub conscious is much more powerful then our conscious mind. And then, we don’t know everything about 1% mass crust of the earth 6 km down, meaning 99% earth core is unknown. And then, spiritual means(to me) that 99% unknown Universe.

On the other hand, Einstein said the most incomprehensible thing about the universe, is that it is comprehensible, so what do I know, almost nothing.

Knowing nothings good in my humble opinion. Allows for more of the 99% of the sub conscious to get past the ego that thinks it knows something.

I think you mean 99% of the unknown world, not the lack of 99% of our conscious mind

We use most of our brain, its just we are only aware of about 10% conscious part. The belief is we  filter the information going into our sub-conscious mind as input, yet the real fact is, we  know little about the brain.

One thing is fact

All great men in history do own their debt to imagination, followed shortly by some form of science.

Yes thats what I meant. Not much is known about the subconscious. So it too is unknown. How much part of that 99% of the unknown, is the subconscious, I don't know.

2. profile image53

if he is make up then why done you prove me wrong, ask a question that only you know the answer.

3. Daniel Carter profile image62
    Daniel Carterposted 13 years ago

Why yes, haj, YOU ask God the question because it's obvious none of the rest of us are worthy to do so.

This is very twisted thinking.

1. profile image53

Why are you filled with  apprehension, God said try me and see that I am God. Ask him to prove them-self to you. Stop Back up, notice what God says, "James 1-5 If any of you lack wisdom, let him ask of God, that giveth to all [men] liberally, and upbraideth not; and it shall be given him.

6 But let him ask in faith, nothing wavering. For he that wavereth is like a wave of the sea driven with the wind and tossed.

7 For let not that man think that he shall receive any thing of the Lord.

4. lorlie6 profile image72
    lorlie6posted 13 years ago

Ahh, the oldest magic trick in the book...Are you serious?? smile

5. lionswhelp profile image67
    lionswhelpposted 13 years ago

God's answer to you all is in Psalm 14 writen by His prophet King David for you that are disbelievers in a real literal God.

Psalm 14: 1-7: The fool has said in his heart, There is no God. They are corrupt, they have done abominable works, there is none that doeth good.

The Lord looked down from heaven upon the children of men, to see if thee were any that did understand, and seek God.

They are all gone aside, they are all together become filthy: there is none that doeth good, no, not one.

Have all the workers of iniquity no knowledge? Who eat up my people as they eat bread, and call not upon the Lord.

There were they in great fear; for God is in the generation of the righteous.

Ye have shamed the the counsel of the poor, because the Lord is his refuge.

Oh, that the salvation of Israel were come out of Zion! When the Lord bringeth back the captivity of his people, Jacob shall rejoice, and Israel shall be glad.

Now for those of you that still do not understand there is a day coming when you will understand - Isaiah 30:19-, verses 20-21 "And though the Lord give you the bread of adversity, and the water of affliction, yet shall not your teachers be removed into a corner any more, but thy eyes shall see thy teachers: and thine ears shall hear a word say behind thee, saying, This is the way walk ye in it, when ye turn to the right hand, and when ye turn to the left."

Also read Isaiah 66:18-24 & Jeremiah 30:7-19, Jeremiah 31:31-33,- verse 34- "And they shall teach no more every man his neighbor, and every man his brother, saying "Know the Lord:" for they shall all know me, from the least of them unto the greatest of them, saith the Lord: for I will forgive their iniquity, and remember their sin no more."

6. ProjectsConsult profile image61
    ProjectsConsultposted 13 years ago

I know my God is real. The miracles He has performed in my life and the lives of my love ones is all the proof I need.

Yep

2. Castlepaloma profile image77

Projects

What kind of miracle are you talking about, like?

The bank stopped a foreclosure on your house?

OR

Did you meet a talking snake, walked on water; did you parted the sea, or grew back a missing limb on your body, anything like that?

1. ProjectsConsult profile image61
        ProjectsConsultposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Castlepaloma

All of the above and more.

You physically talked to a snake, walked on water at the beach. You parted the sea (bath tub dose not count), you grew or someone grew back a missing limb on their body, or anything like that.

Did you get any of this on film, because its enough for me to change my faith

7. skyfire profile image78
    skyfireposted 13 years ago

Ask your god to tell you, what was my question/choice/wish. Then come back to forums with answer in order to prove credibility of your claim - god is communicating with YOU. Simple eh ?

1. profile image53

I have never said that God is communicate to me only. God is communicating to you but, you done want to hear Him. What I am tying to do is to get you to hear God. "God I done know what happen to cause all these young people to fear you so much, skyfire thinks you only talks to me, so will you Please talk to Him, This is his Question, What was my question/choice/wish. I know after you answer him We still want believe, because it's some undercurrent he need to focus on.

1. Randy Godwin profile image60
        Randy Godwinposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Which god?

2. skyfire profile image78
        skyfireposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Easy. big_smile
        What proof you've against me to say that i don't want to hear him or he's there to listen to me to begin with. You can't even talk to him to know what are my thoughts. You failed to prove me that god talks to you in return wink

Go ahead and ask him what was my question to him and then come back to tell me what was my question and his answer to my question. smile

*Yawn.*

Don't forget to update this thread whenever you get that question and answer.

1. evvy_09 profile image61
          evvy_09posted 13 years agoin reply to this

Don't hold your breath skyfire.  big_smile  I wouldn't do something just because someone demanded it of me.   God is greater than me and there are millions of people asking their God/gods to prove themselves.   
          Who really thinks that we can demand to play Twenty Questions with a being that created the universe and everything in it?

Just seems like another bored person that decides to try to preach about a God that they don't really understand.   By the way haj3396, I think the word you are looking for is don't.  Done means finished. For example: I am done painting my house. 
          But dude....really?  Four months and no hubs?  All you seem to be doing is hopping around in the religious forums, quoting bible verses you don't understand and trying to get attention.  I know several people just like you who claim God speaks to them directly.  They can't spell either.

There is a far simpler answer. wink

8. saket71 profile image60
    saket71posted 13 years ago

Would follow Pascal's wager on the subject, it is safer to be on the side of belief and sensible as well.

1. Shadesbreath profile image76
      Shadesbreathposted 13 years agoin reply to this

You might take a little longer look at the conversation around Pascal's Wager.

You still have to pick the RIGHT god.  AND, you have to hope that the God you pick is actually doing/being what you think he is.

Pascal's Wager is NOT a safe bet.  Do some basic research on it and you'll see it doesn't work out as simple as you think.

The Star Goat is the obvious answer. I mean - Chevre? How else could it be?

2. livelonger profile image87
        livelongerposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Exactly. It makes some assumptions (for one, that, if there is a God, that he prefers obsequious obedience over skepticism) that might not be true.

Unfortunately, it also bakes in what the insurance industry calls moral hazard. People believe they can act like total monsters, as long as they pledge faith to a deity.

1. profile image0
          Home Girlposted 13 years agoin reply to this

"People believe they can act like total monsters, as long as they pledge faith to a deity." True. Very true.
          Just read the history - very recent one. What Nazi did in Poland at               II W.War. How many people they collected, brought to the local  forests and meticulously killed. And after that they prayed to their God!
          - WHERE WAS YOUR GOD THEN?

May be you should start reading not just bible?

1. Druid Dude profile image59
            Druid Dudeposted 13 years agoin reply to this

OH, REALLY! What happened at Wounded Knee when old men, women and children came to surrender to the U. S. Government? Are you still in possession of that which was stolen from the Separate Sovereign Government which was in control before all the European conquerors showed up. Your bleeding heart makes me weep!

9. skyfire profile image78
    skyfireposted 13 years ago

Jeez, Since when pascal's wager made position of believer sensible ?

LET'S TEST GOD! OK, let me kill you, then you come back and tell me if it's real or fake. JEEEZ! Even the believers are laughing their heads off! You sure know how to get people all on one side.....but I don't think they are laughing.... WITH YOU.

OK, OK, I'll bite. What is under the rock that God created that even he couldn't move?

1. skyfire profile image78

Simple, He give birth to his son using virgin and got his son killed ? he violated his own morality laws.

2. skyfire profile image78

Dave, they're laughing a lot because they don't use alternate profiles to harass others on forums wink

Sure you know nothing about reasoning and logic, but that's not excuse for delusion. Want to kill me to test this ? go ahead. What can i expect from believers ?

10. Nick Burchett profile image80
    Nick Burchettposted 13 years ago

So, you would rather worship something you understand? Personally, worhipping something bigger than me rather than something on the same or lesser level makes entirely much more sense logically.

Why things happen that we cannot explains God understands totally. That is why He is bigger than us. Non-believers will believe in crazy things they cannot logically explain and then claim it makes more sense than believing in God. Again, there is absolutely no logic in that. You would rather believe that a piece of slime could somehow over eons grow arms and legs and a brain and become a sentient being with no purpose rather than the logical conclusion that a Creator made us with purpose and a plan?

Yeah... that's very high intellectual thinking...

I don't need to defend God or my faith. I don't need to try and convince you that He exists and is the ONLY way to everlasting life. He is much bigger than me and plenty capable of doing that. I pray that the Holy Spirit works in your life and removes the hardening of your heart and mind to Him.

1. Beelzedad profile image59

By your logic, anything smaller than humans should be worshiping humans.

Is there some reason you feel the need to worship? Is it possible to lead your life without worshiping something or someone?

smile

11. Mattie May profile image60
    Mattie Mayposted 13 years ago

You can't test God.  All you're doing right now is giving people more reason to laugh at God.  If God wants to reveal himself to anyone, He will with out you doing this.  Also, believing in God is about faith, believing without seeing.  What did you expect to get out of this?  A laugh?  If that's it then you got many people laughing harder than before they read this.

12. PieterTheProphet profile image59
    PieterTheProphetposted 13 years ago

I've got a great test for God...

OK let's do it again...

One more time...

This is a blast!  I could do it for the rest of my life!

13. seanorjohn profile image71
    seanorjohnposted 13 years ago

What the f.... are you doing here, when you could be answering q's in sensible forums.

14. heavenbound5511 profile image65
    heavenbound5511posted 13 years ago

Hi  Libby
    The Bible says>
    Hebrews 11:6 But without faith it is impossible to please Him, for he who comes to God must believe that He is, and that He is a rewarder of those who diligently seek Him.
    John 4:23 But the hour is coming, and now is, when the true worshipers will worship the Father in spirit and truth; for the Father is seeking such to worship Him.
    John 15:7 If you abide in Me, and My words abide in you, you will ask what you desire, and it shall be done for you
    Matthew 6:33 But seek first the kingdom of God and His righteousness, and all these things shall be added to you.*

Hebrews 10:23 Let us hold unswervingly to the hope we profess, for he who promised is faithful.
    God is faithful and proven so in my life, I just keep trusting Him and He always works it out. How great it is to see my faith in JESUS is never in vain-For God is faithful!
    God Bless you Libby!

1. libby101a profile image60

I agree 100%! God bless you too!

15. heavenbound5511 profile image65
    heavenbound5511posted 13 years ago

The only place in the bible where God says we can prove Him>
    Bring ye all the tithes into the storehouse, that there may be meat in mine house, and prove me now herewith, saith the LORD of hosts, if I will not open you the windows of heaven, and pour you out a blessing, that [there shall] not [be room] enough [to receive it].
    Mal 3:10

16. pisean282311 profile image63
    pisean282311posted 13 years ago

well god is concept and directly linked to human hope , feeling of justice , quest for answers , support and lot of other things...why do you want to test it?...it doesnot matter whether god is real or non real as long as humans can derive empowering way from it...yes if god becomes dangerous for humans as seen in recent terror attacks , it is ofcourse concern...but largely concept of god has worked for humans...

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)