Hubs for Sale !!!

Jump to Last Post 1-21 of 21 discussions (49 posts)
  1. Trsmd profile image56
    Trsmdposted 13 years ago

If a Hubber wants to quit Hubpages and before leaving he wants to sell the pages created by him and if another person can buy that creation?

Will Hubpages allow this system?

Or it will treat as a duplicate content?

Have anyone bought other Hubs and got published?

Please share your knowledge and comments.

1. sofs profile image78
      sofsposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I think you cannot sell your hubs though you could write them for a price for others... But why would you want to, as they age they will fetch you a steady income...

1. Randy Godwin profile image60
        Randy Godwinposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Why not?  If one closed their account and unpublished their hubs, they can do what they like with them I would think.  We own our content here, or most of us do.

2. Trsmd profile image56
        Trsmdposted 13 years agoin reply to this

This is the reason I want to buy...

2. sunforged profile image71
    sunforgedposted 13 years ago

You would just hand over the password and log in and walk away , the buyer would put their own affiliate ids in.

Any smart buyer would be buying your aged , formatted content so any other way of selling besides selling the entire account with access would be a poor decision as its otherwise mostly worthless as previously published content.

You own all your content, do as you wish with it.

3. sofs profile image78
    sofsposted 13 years ago

Oooh........ I stand corrected... when the Gurus say I listen!! smilesmilesmilesmile

4. SunSeven profile image61
    SunSevenposted 13 years ago

Perhaps we can use a 'market place' section here at the forums, where we can trade hubs, accounts, services, etc among other things. smile
    Best Regards

5. mistyhorizon2003 profile image89
    mistyhorizon2003posted 13 years ago

You own your hubs, you have the right to close your Hubpages Account and republish your hub elsewhere without any risk of "Duplicate Content" flags once you have unpublished your Hubs on Hubpages, (or indeed sell them on to others to re-publish anywhere they wish to). I hope this explains things smile

6. habee profile image93
    habeeposted 13 years ago

Wonder how much a good hub that gets lots of traffic and clicks would bring?

1. mistyhorizon2003 profile image89
      mistyhorizon2003posted 13 years agoin reply to this

Good question, I have been paid up to $100 simply for including a link on one hub of mine, and have received other "goodies" for a similar link on another hub. (I should add that in each case I checked out the links first to ensure they were good quality sites)

2. lrohner profile image69
      lrohnerposted 13 years agoin reply to this

In the world of websites (last time I checked), the going price for an aged website was anywhere from two or three to five times the annual earnings. I would think someone selling an entire aged HP account would follow some similar path, assuming the seller was handing over the login and password and walking away.

I agree with Sunforged, though, that breaking up an account and selling off the text of an individual hub is pretty worthless. Heck, you can go onto Elance or Guru or a host of other places and pay someone between $3.00 and $10.00 to write a hub for you.

I agree, your Eliteness.  But it would still be permissible. Whether or not it is sensible to do so is another story.

1. lrohner profile image69
          lrohnerposted 13 years agoin reply to this

You are absolutely correct, your Snakeness. I didn't mean to imply otherwise. smile

Thank you.....I think!yikes

2. Bill Manning profile image68
        Bill Manningposted 13 years agoin reply to this

quote=Irohner In the world of websites (last time I checked), the going price for an aged website was anywhere from two or three to five times the annual earnings. unquote

I wish that was true. If that was the case I could make over $300,000 selling my top sites and still have a few left.

I recently tried to sell a few sites and can't even get 1/3rd of the yearly income from them. But then again who has any money now? hmm

7. simeonvisser profile image68
    simeonvisserposted 13 years ago

Technically the URL of a hub cannot be transferred to another account. So you must take over an entire account if you want to keep the URLs intact. It would be very laborious to delete hubs and recreate them at the new account with the same URL.

8. Mark Ewbie profile image81
    Mark Ewbieposted 13 years ago

Er.. if anyone wants to buy my hubs then I'm sure we could find a deal, I'm thinking somewhere in the region of fifty thousand dollars.

1. simeonvisser profile image68
      simeonvisserposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Each? tongue

1. Mark Ewbie profile image81
        Mark Ewbieposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Well I was thinking as a job lot, because there are one or two that aren't great sellers.  Pricing individually would take more time than this joke is worth.

2. Pcunix profile image91
      Pcunixposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I have been offered $50,000 for my main website.  I quite seriously would not take less than $2-$3 million.  If it were only worth advertising income, that's still a rapacious offer, but as it is also responsible for most of my other income, $50K would be idiotic.

1. profile image0
        BRIAN SLATERposted 13 years agoin reply to this

pcunix- would you mind sharing with us the site,  so I can run my thumb over it and see what you get for £50k

9. profile image0
    Sophia Angeliqueposted 13 years ago

If you read the conditions, there's a specific hub that says hubs are not allowed to be sold.

1. Mark Knowles profile image59
      Mark Knowlesposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Where?

1. profile image0
        Sophia Angeliqueposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Mark, sorry, I didn't bookmark it, but I definitely read that one couldn't see one's hubs...

You are wrong. Sorry.

2. mistyhorizon2003 profile image89
      mistyhorizon2003posted 13 years agoin reply to this

Nope, don't believe so. Hub content belongs to the author, so yes, you can sell it on if you wish to, or even publish it elsewhere. Okay, if it is still published here you will get a 'duplicate content' flag, but if you unpublish here you can republish it anywhere you wish to, it is YOUR content and work.I have no idea why you might have thought this was not allowed, and would love to know where you read this!!!

3. saleheensblog profile image60
      saleheensblogposted 13 years agoin reply to this

the author of the hub has provided wrong information.

if you read terms of use http://hubpages.com/help/user_agreement > section 6 ;you will get a clear idea.

10. GlstngRosePetals profile image68
    GlstngRosePetalsposted 13 years ago

Mark I'm not sure if you can sell your hub articles on here but you have great hubs and are a great writer. I think it would be sad to see you sell your articles and we would all hate to see you do that. Please reconsider your decision.

I have no intention of selling my hubs. Worry not. lol

2. hubber-2009 profile image57
      hubber-2009posted 13 years agoin reply to this

I have seen two Mark has posted here..

Which Mark you are referring?

11. Trsmd profile image56
    Trsmdposted 13 years ago

Based on the replies so far, i am coming to the conclusion that when a page is NOT PUBLISHED the text of that page can be sold and can be used by another Hubber..

Is it right?

1. sunforged profile image71
      sunforgedposted 13 years agoin reply to this

You retain full rights to your work whether published or not.

12. hubber-2009 profile image57
    hubber-2009posted 13 years ago

Don't Laugh...

Is there anybody to take or buy my Hubs...

1. dingdong profile image57
      dingdongposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Why did you unpublish them?

13. Greek One profile image63
    Greek Oneposted 13 years ago

my Hubs are for sale for $1000!!!

What a great investment opportunity for some online business guru!

To date, they have only earned about $7... but they are aging nicely and industry experts predict that they will double in value over the coming years!(PS, they also make great Christmas gifts)

For the low, low price you get the COMPLETE set of Elmer Fudd articles, which in themselves are bound to be appreciated by future generations for the literary masterpieces which they are.

But wait, the deal doesn't end there!!  I will throw in for NO EXTRA CHARGE a 4 article series outline the scandalous relationship between Bert and Ernie which I am currently working on (complete with pictures!)

http://www.albanystudentpress.org/polopoly_fs/1.1815258!/image/748889272.jpg_gen/derivatives/landscape_240/748889272.jpg

1. saleheensblog profile image60
      saleheensblogposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I have bough Greek One's account with 1000$. So, every one saleheensblog's second identity is Greek One from now on. lol lol Did I violate a TOS? lol lol

2. Dorsi profile image86
      Dorsiposted 13 years agoin reply to this

ROTFL)

Good one

3. kirstenblog profile image78
      kirstenblogposted 13 years agoin reply to this

If I turn them inside out and add an attachment will they grill up some delicious burgers? Can they cut through solid metal and will you add an additional % off for the next 10 mins?

14. thisisoli profile image71
    thisisoliposted 13 years ago

You can sell you articles, but I am not so sure about an entire account.

15. profile image56
    foreignpressposted 13 years ago

The hard part of writing a hub is researching and creating the core content. That's what is being materially transferred. The core material can be updated periodically making the hub appear "new." If HP doesn't have a legal provision for this they will have to research it.

16. mega1 profile image80
    mega1posted 13 years ago

I'm auctioning mine, soon, soon, and believe they'll eachz of em start at, like, you know, $20,000 or so.  Do I hear a bid? on any you care for the most, let you in on this auction for the first $20,000 and then . . . soon, soon!

Not yet!  *slapping saleen's hand*

17. saleheensblog profile image60
    saleheensblogposted 13 years ago

please help here with a genuine question http://hubpages.com/forum/topic/63043

18. profile image0
    cookingdivaposted 13 years ago

I am too attached my hub babies, and they are making me cool cents (yes you heard it right) right now. Not for sale! :-)

19. Laura Marie profile image60
    Laura Marieposted 13 years ago

I know you can sell Squidoo lenses so I thought you would be able to sell Hubs too, maybe not. Perhaps it is something Hubpages could look into.

20. thisisoli profile image71
    thisisoliposted 13 years ago

I would personally be against the ability to sell hubs. It would draw a huge number of people who write poor quality content for sale, rather than content for quality.

1. simeonvisser profile image68
      simeonvisserposted 13 years agoin reply to this

That assumes people would pay money for poor quality content...

1. thisisoli profile image71
        thisisoliposted 13 years agoin reply to this

It doesn't matter if people pay for it or not, peopel will still create the content with high hopes.  Check out the digital point market place, Eight years ago that was a fantastic place for writers and content strategists to trade, nowadays no one who knows what they are doing treads there.

2. Trsmd profile image56
        Trsmdposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Generally those who are not earning from their hubs will be interested to sell..

21. Adroit Alien profile image67
    Adroit Alienposted 13 years ago

It seems clear that we are able to sell own own hubs. What would be nice is an easier way to do it. Dealing with private messages and shady people comes with risk. Maybe HP should be a middleman.

Oh and all you crybabies claiming that it will ruin HP need to relax. If people want to sell their hubs, why shouldn't they? If I want to sell content I own, then I will.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)