God's Plan and Miscarriages

Jump to Last Post 1-7 of 7 discussions (26 posts)
  1. profile image0
    Chasukposted 13 years ago

Over twenty-five percent of pregnancies spontaneously abort. Does this men that abortion is sometimes part of God's plan?

1. profile image0
      AKA Winstonposted 13 years agoin reply to this

God thinks abortions are a blast - o - cyst.

2. the pink umbrella profile image75
      the pink umbrellaposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Ummmmmmmmmmmm the body attacks a fetus the minute it realizes your pregnant. To your body, the fetus is an invader, and is foreign and must be destroyed, We arent pukeing our guts out because our body is excited about being pregnant. Sometimes they body succeds in getting rid of this little thing that has been recognized as an illegal alien invadeing the uterous. That is ALL. It is not "gods plan."   Do you know how many crack addicted prostitues have babies? Why would "god" Not let a boreing housewife carry a babie to full term? C'mon guys, seriousy?

oh, and my the way, if a miscarriage is gods plan, well that kind of affects the whole free will thing doesnt it. I guess were allowed to decided weather or not to believe in him, but all of our other decisions are up to him, right? Ugh, im outta here.

2. wilderness profile image95
    wildernessposted 13 years ago

It means that the Creator has created a very imperfect organism in the human body.  25% of the time His work is not viable at all, and there is something wrong somewhere in the remaining 75%.

On the other hand evolution tells us that as long as the birth rate is high enough to maintain the species that it is acceptable and viable.

1. Jerami profile image59
      Jeramiposted 13 years agoin reply to this

wilderness wrote
      ...there is something wrong somewhere in the remaining 75%.

On the other hand evolution tells us that as long as the birth rate is high enough to maintain the species that it is acceptable and viable.

= = - -  =  -  = -=

Good answer.

3. goldenpath profile image67
    goldenpathposted 13 years ago

I don't assume to know, because it has not yet been revealed, the actual point where intelligent life enters the body.  Given that I believe it's there at conception. 

All life is fair.  Those who die before they are physically accountable for their choices will rise again in the resurrection.  These spirits are most precious.  They are among those who proved most valiant when Lucifer was cast out.  They were strong in the faith in the Father.  Because of the spiritual integrity of many spirits their only requirement for continued progression and exaltation is to gain a physical body.  Their level of righteousness places enmity between them and the temptations of evil.  The mentally challenged who are unaccountable also falls into this category.

Because it is logical and written that all of us in the flesh will grow to the full measure of our spirits they will rise again in the resurrection.  Not with temptation but with the knowledge of God.  Imagine the strength and leadership these will offer us.

1. wilderness profile image95
      wildernessposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Golden, your reasoning leaves me floundering; I just don't understand, nor can I follow your line of thought.

While life certainly begins with a fertilized egg, I don't understand how that life can be intelligent without a brain to be intelligent with.  It can't reason, think or even react to stimilus outside of automatic chemical reactions.  It can't make choices at all.

How can an fertilized egg be proved most valiant without making any choices as to what to do?  I can't understand being valiant without making choices.

Nor can I understand how the faith of such an egg can be strong; it can't think of faith, let alone have any!

Is it the disembodied spirit that has the intelligence and the brain merely runs the body?  Are these bodies inhabited by ages old spirits that were "alive" when Satan fought God and could thus be valiant in that battle?

I believe that I understand your comments but am truly baffled by the reasoning used to get there.

1. goldenpath profile image67
        goldenpathposted 13 years agoin reply to this

My apologies for not clarifying.  I believe that all of us existed and were truly individuals before we were born into mortality.  As individuals we varied in strength.  Those who proved valiant during the rebellion were blessed with unique missions. 

It's not the choices made by the infant that I inquire to but rather the correct choices they made prior to mortal birth.  These are not to be pitied and figured a loss in the eyes of God.  It can never be so.  There must be a reason.  This doctrine does not condemn them but rather holds them in the highest esteem for all of the rest of us to learn from.

1. getitrite profile image71
          getitriteposted 13 years agoin reply to this

just like the starving dying children.  Why can't God just have you and I switch places with these people, then maybe they could learn from our suffering and death.

1. goldenpath profile image67
            goldenpathposted 13 years agoin reply to this

...so full of hate as usual.

2. wilderness profile image95
          wildernessposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Thank you.  It is an interpretation that I have never encountered and your comment just threw me for a loop.

2. profile image0

The level of arrogant absurdity in this claim of knowledge of details of other-worldly events would normally be laughable, but as this type of certainty is inconsistent with relationships with other humans it is downright dangerous to our species' survival.

It cannot go un-belittled.

Boys and girls, ladies and gentlemen, consider this: the person who wrote the above claims of absolute knowledge of supernatural events, motives, and reasoning can now get on the internet and learn how to make a nuclear bomb.

Pakistan, a country that has a predominant religion whose followers sincerely believe that Mohammed climbed onto the back of a winged horse and flew to heaven and back - they have a nuclear arsenal.

India, a country that has a predominant religion whose followers sincerely believe that life is a cycle of death and reincarnations and the ultimate in spiritual accomplishments is to break this cycle - they have a nuclear arsenal.

Israel, a country that has a predominant religion whose followers sincerely believe that a small band of desert nomads were hand picked by an invisible superpower as his chosen people and that the world will end with this superpower appointing his proxy and his chosen people to rule over the earth - they have a nuclear arsenal.

America, a country that has a predonimant religion whose followers sincerely believe that an invisible superpower created all that is but had to send himself as another being in order to give himself to himself as a sacrifice to save humans - they have a nuclear arsenal.

Boys and girls, ladies and gentlement, isn't it about time we require that those who hold the keys to the weapons that can end our world and our species use the same reasoning and evidence-based thought that produced those weapons on their own beliefs?

Isn't is about time for us to stop tolerating irrationality, to look at these irrational and delusional beliefs systems, the authors who make these unsubstantiated claims, and their followers, and simply say, prove it?

Tolerance is over-rated.  Fear of ignorance should replace it.

1. getitrite profile image71
        getitriteposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Frightening, but true.

4. workingmomwm profile image81
    workingmomwmposted 13 years ago

As a woman who has had a miscarriage, but not an abortion, I find the comparison between the two to be absolutely offensive.

In my case, I didn't know I was pregnant and lost my first child in the toilet when it was about 8 weeks old. I didn't make a choice to lose this child. It just happened (although I do still consider myself somewhat responsible for its loss - there must have been SOMETHING I did to kill it).

As for whether that was part of God's plan, I have to assume it was for my life, although I still have a hard time believing that a perfect God who is in control of everything, according to the Bible, could not have saved the life of that child - or any of the other children who are "spontaneously aborted" - hate that term!

As for the children who are purposely aborted, that's been taken out of God's hands, I'd say, by the mothers and the doctors who perform the operation. So, I don't know how it could really be considered part of God's plan.

I think it boils down to the fact that a perfect God created imperfect humans (for whatever reason) who have the free will to choose what they will do with their lives, and they don't always make the best choices. But, in that case, I guess it could be part of God's plan because if we were absolutely perfect, we wouldn't need Him. And God wants us to need and seek Him.

Sorry this is so long. It's just (obviously) a subject close to my heart!

1. profile image0
      Chasukposted 13 years agoin reply to this

My apologies.

I didn't mean to offend..

Clinically, the word "abortion" refers to end of a pregnancy by the removal or expulsion of a fetus. This is true whether it is spontaneous or intentional.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Miscarriage#Terminology

Again, my apologies.

2. profile image0

(As for whether that was part of God's plan, I have to assume it was for my life, although I still have a hard time believing that a perfect God who is in control of everything, according to the Bible, could not have saved the life of that child - or any of the other children who are "spontaneously aborted")

I do not mean to diminish your loss or your anguish over that loss, but at the same time it seems obvious from your words that you are experiencing a type of cognitive dissonance between your belief in God and this cruel event.

Consider this about your question: for there to be a God of your beliefs, you must rationalize why this event was allowed, i.e., you must make up excuses for God.

Now, take the same question but add this answer: there is no God.

Doesn't the event make more sense and cause less emotional conflict in the second case?

1. workingmomwm profile image81
        workingmomwmposted 13 years agoin reply to this

First of all, I have to agree with you that there is some cognitive dissonance between my belief in God and the loss of my first child, but so what? The Bible is full of stories of believers who questioned God's actions and plans. It is a natural part of being human and not understanding all His ways - just trying to live by faith the best way I can, which will obviously be difficult at times.

As for rationalizing why this happened ... I struggled with that, of course, but I finally came to the realization that I don't need to rationalize it. It just happened. I can accept that and go on. And I certainly don't need to make excuses for God. Who am I to say anything about why God does what He does anyway? I'm just me, and I certainly can't place myself at that same level.

And, no, I can't really see how the event does make more sense thinking that there is no God. I can't imagine how I would get through the experience at all if I thought there wasn't any God. God is my comfort and strength, no matter how much I may question His ways because I don't understand them. So, in that case, I would say, if I believed there was no God, I would face even greater emotional turmoil. But that's just me.

1. the pink umbrella profile image75
          the pink umbrellaposted 13 years agoin reply to this

id rather think that you had god there to comfort you, than you thought he took your baby from you. Thats my position on it.

3. ediggity profile image59
      ediggityposted 13 years agoin reply to this

This is a really well written answer.  Sorry for your loss.

5. SpanStar profile image60
    SpanStarposted 13 years ago

When I think about the question it really doesn't make sense to me.  God gives humans the ability to have children then he aborts them?

1. ediggity profile image59
      ediggityposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Or, maybe the unborn child is inadvertently miscarried due to choices made by the expecting mother.

1. SpanStar profile image60
        SpanStarposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Ediggity,

I'm inclined to agree with your assessment.

6. shannonleigh1976 profile image59
    shannonleigh1976posted 13 years ago

Here is my $0.02 for what it's worth.
    I believe that things happen just because they happen.  This world WAS perfect when it was created, and then sin came into it.  This is NOT the way that life was supposed to be.  So when horrible things happen: miscarriages, cancer, illnesses etc. I don't believe that it was originally the plan of God.

My side of things is this.  My husband & I had to buy donated embryos because using our own DNA to have children is not possible.  We also used donor egg & sperm.  We have had 4 transfers. 1-miscarriage, 2-ectopic pregnancy, 3-miscarriage, & 4-didn't get pregnant.  Through all of this, I give praise!  God has a plan that is much better than my mind can wrap itself around.  It might not include children (I certainly hope that it does), but through it all, I have no doubt that all that happens God will use.

7. profile image0
    klarawieckposted 13 years ago

Souls waiting to reincarnate choose who their parents will be the minute the woman gets pregnant. However, if any decisions, or change of circumstance result in a different setting and therefore a totally different life experience for that particular soul, it's his/her decision to walk away.

It's like buying a house. You can be pre-approved, but it's not yours until you get the last signature and the keys. You can back down at the last minute if you want to, because once you own the house, that's it... no second chances.

1. profile image0

(Souls waiting to reincarnate choose who their parents will be the minute the woman gets pregnant.)

Remember boys and girls, ladies and gentlement, when you read sentences like this your first terrifying thought ought to be: Ah!  They have nuclear weapons!  Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

1. profile image0
        klarawieckposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I've got weapons, but they are not nuclear. wink

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)