Lady Gaga VS Christina Aguilera

Jump to Last Post 1-19 of 19 discussions (29 posts)
  1. profile image0
    Phoebe Pikeposted 13 years ago

All right, we all know these singers fairly well, especially after Poker face and the super bowl national anthem... who do you think is the better artist? Who has the best music, who is destined for the most popularity? I have to admit it,  Aguilera annoys me. She is such a copycat. Whatever is the trend, she copies. Her new look for her music videos seem oddly familiar to another singer... I have a hub on this. But let's see what you think. Who is better?

2. camlo profile image84
    camloposted 13 years ago

I believe Christina Aguilera is the better singer with the better voice. Lady Gaga is extremely creative, but as far as costuming etc. are concerned, I feel she often tries too hard to be original, which she doesn't need to do.
    I guess I admire Lady Gaga's qualities more - I'm quite a fan.
    I've never liked Christina Aguilera, nor her singing even if the technique is good.

3. Stacie L profile image88
    Stacie Lposted 13 years ago

I agree that Gaga is more creative and Christina has a stronger voice but she is copying Gaga lately as many others are.
    Christina sings too loudly for many songs that require a softness and Gaga is more of a visual artist.JMHO
    wink

4. rebekahELLE profile image85
    rebekahELLEposted 13 years ago

Lady Gaga has always reminded me of a baby Madonna. As far as staying power, I would go with Aguilera. A lot of whatever any artist does in the Top 40 has to do with producers and creating an image that will sell music.

1. camlo profile image84
      camloposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I like that. A sort of junior version. Mini-Madonna. smile

Madonna is one I really dislike, and have always hated myself for buying any of her music.

1. rebekahELLE profile image85
        rebekahELLEposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Madonna has been around for 3 decades, not sure Gaga has that staying power. Even Lady's latest song sounds very Madonna influenced. But she's hugely popular and has a top producer.

1. camlo profile image84
          camloposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Well, I just hope Madonna won't be around for another three decades.
          I heard that Lady Gaga has some kind of illness and won't be around for very long anyway, or maybe that was just some kind of publicity stunt. 'Any publicity is good publicity'.

5. kittythedreamer profile image76
    kittythedreamerposted 13 years ago

I used to think that Christina Aguilera would be the easiest choice here...but I have to route for Lady GaGa. She is unbelievably talented...writes her own songs and is an original amongst a whole crowd of copycats. If you noticed, when Lady Gaga hit the music scene, she was a trendsetter with her outrageous fashions and electrifying performances. All of a sudden, every pop singer started to dress like her and act like her...and even their songs started sounding similar...pop singers like Aguilera, Pink, even Enrique Iglesias have songs that sound like Lady Gaga's. LADY GAGA ALL THE WAY! smile

1. profile image0
      Phoebe Pikeposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Pink isn't really a copycat, look at her older stuff, it sounds a lot like her new music, but more modern to fit today's issues.

6. TomC35 profile image60
    TomC35posted 13 years ago

I think we should be comparing Lady Gaga to Marilyn Mason.  In her most recent interviews that is who she reminded me of.  Her face looks the same, and she is out there like him.

7. profile image49
    SLMOMposted 13 years ago

More staying power? It's Lady Gaga. Not only can she write, she sings, and she plays the piano. Even before she came out on her own she was writing music for a host of other artists including Britney Spears.

Don't get me wrong, I like Christina Aguilera, but she over sings everything. Tries to soul everything up. Her outfits may be annoying but hey it's why people know her and buy her music.

8. KCC Big Country profile image83
    KCC Big Countryposted 13 years ago

I like them both.  I think Christina has more raw singing talent than Lady Gaga, but I think they'll both be around for awhile. 

Lady Gaga enjoys the shock factor like Madonna did.  I think that keeps people wondering what she'll do next.  Who thought she could top the meat dress?  Then she comes out in an egg.  She's just out there. 

If you haven't seen "Burlesque" with Cher and Christina, you owe it to yourself.  I have a review hub of the movie.

9. Rafini profile image82
    Rafiniposted 13 years ago

I think Lady Gaga is better and will be around longer.  Why?  Because she's original, has as yet untapped creativity and talent, and follows nobody but herself.

10. frynch profile image60
    frynchposted 13 years ago

Lady GaGa is not a lady by the definition...."she" is a he

1. profile image0
      Phoebe Pikeposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Here's a question for you, why do you think that?

2. profile image0
      thedietviewposted 13 years agoin reply to this

shes a she get your facts right and stop believing rubbish you hear !

11. jamesdarby profile image59
    jamesdarbyposted 13 years ago

Firstly, Lady Gaga is a she. Secondly, even if she was a he, would it matter?

Not at all.

Christina Aguilera is a very talented singer but Lady Gaga is simply the single most talented and exciting pop star currently going. She will be remembered in years to come for many of her songs. Christina won't.

1. profile image0
      thedietviewposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I totally agree with james lady gaga is a she and she is a icon of our times her music is so original and amazing.
      Where as christina is just a wannabe !

12. prettydarkhorse profile image61
    prettydarkhorseposted 13 years ago

They both have different appeal to me. I like Lady Gaga for her innovative ways and unique fashion sense.

13. lady_love158 profile image60
    lady_love158posted 13 years ago

I love the both! They're very talented! Gags is hot now and her honesty is refreshing even if her politics are misguided!

14. optimus grimlock profile image59
    optimus grimlockposted 13 years ago

one can sing one cant. one was born a woman the other might not have smile

15. celebritie profile image70
    celebritieposted 13 years ago

Well lady gaga is the hot new thing and christina is old news.

1. Mark Knowles profile image59
      Mark Knowlesposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Lady Gaga has 32 MILLION facebook likes. lol

http://www.beesinternet.com/lady-gaga-h … ook-likes/

16. Matt in Jax profile image60
    Matt in Jaxposted 13 years ago

Can't argue with Christina Aguilera's singing ability. Have to say her beauty and voice put her way over GaGa.

17. Cagsil profile image70
    Cagsilposted 13 years ago

Just for haha, I'm going with Christina. She's been around for a while.

However, neither or them truly know what it means to have staying power in the industry.

When they have been putting out music for more than 3 or 4 decades, then we can have the talk about staying power. wink

18. celebritie profile image70
    celebritieposted 13 years ago

what makes you think that talent and beauty has anything to do with it? I think it is more about who is the most popular one.

1. Matt in Jax profile image60
      Matt in Jaxposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Even popularity could be argued between the two. GaGa has taken off recently, but what would happen if it came to a popular vote? Who knows? But I'm betting it'd be closer than you'd think.

1. celebritie profile image70
        celebritieposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Thats true because Christina Aguilera has a fan base that grew up with her and have stuck with her since she was on the Mickey Mouse club, something Lady Gaga does not have.

19. profile image0
    Dandraposted 13 years ago

c aguilera is prob more experienced than lady gaga...more depth and soul...

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)