jump to last post 1-8 of 8 discussions (8 posts)

Is Lady Gaga truly original?

1. Novel Treasure profile image88
    Novel Treasureposted 6 years ago

Is Lady Gaga truly original?

Do you believe Lady Gaga is unique and truly innovative, or do you believe she is copying someone like Madonna and using her fashion statements as a gimmick?

2. Patty Inglish, MS profile image93
    Patty Inglish, MSposted 6 years ago

Gaga may incorporate a small part of Madonna's image purposely or accidentally, but she's unique in my view. Her costumes remind me just a bit of Liberace, whom Michael Douglas will be portraying in a new film soon, with Matt Damon. Gaga styles also remind me of those of some French designers form over the last 60 years.

3. marketingnotesja profile image61
    marketingnotesjaposted 6 years ago

I believe Lady Gaga's work is a little bit of everything. Its half original and half the work of other people. In the music world, nothing is ever truly original, as individuals [especially artiste's] tend to draw their inspiration from the work of other people. Lady Gaga draws most of her inspiration from the work of Madonna and has in several interviews payed homage to the Mega-Star.

She however places a spin on everything and kicks i up a notch to make it more unforgettable and super-glued in the minds of individuals. No one's work is ever truly "super" original, but the spin she puts on her work makes it appear that way.

4. Neon_Letters profile image60
    Neon_Lettersposted 6 years ago

She is a copy of Madonna and Marilyn Manson

5. Jalapeno10 profile image79
    Jalapeno10posted 6 years ago

Lady Gaga is indeed an original icon. She is not copying anyone or making gimmick and what so ever. She is just talented. smile

6. SarahLinny profile image83
    SarahLinnyposted 6 years ago

Eff no!

She overtly copies Madonna, Prince, Elton John, and yes, Marilyn Manson. I find that she has very little originality in either her music, her outfits, or her videos. However, originality is a moot point in today's music market, so I don't knock her for it. Her people seem to know how to put together a dance tune, and that's what matters. Her image is simply a way for her to get her mediocre voice and limited talent on the map. She hasn't really changed the game a whole lot more than, say, Fergie or some other space-age mildly-attractive female who can stay in tune, but that's okay because she'll make big bucks before she ends up in the loony bin.

7. celebritie profile image83
    celebritieposted 6 years ago

Every new artist in my opinion will take ideas for their music performances from pop icons of the past. It would be nice if the new artists were more innovative though.

8. whoisbid profile image76
    whoisbidposted 6 years ago

I think Lady Gaga is unique because she managed to make me smile by the way she ate a sandwich on a music video. She is innovative for sure because she uses everything at her disposal e.g. technology/internet
    I think Lady Gaga is in the same genre as Madonna but things are done a little differently in every generation so she has to be a bit different

working