What Grocery Stores Do You Shop In?

Jump to Last Post 1-14 of 14 discussions (21 posts)
  1. eatlikenoone profile image61
    eatlikenooneposted 13 years ago

I love shopping at a variety of different stores. And I love to check out new places when I travel. Every store has it's unique items. The stores I shop in locally are Meijer, Whole Foods, Plum Market, Produce Station, Busch's and County Market. I am not a big fan of the Kroger chain and I dislike buying any food at Walmart (I won't touch their produce section).

1. cheapsk8chick profile image47
      cheapsk8chickposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I, like you, love to go to the different stores around and whenever I'm traveling my hubs thinks I'm a nut for wanting to go to all the grocery stores!  I shop at HyVee, Fareway & Target.  All the produce and meat comes from Fareway.  Walmart's produce is kind of like Aldi's produce - it really matters where you live.  In South Carolina, you can buy the best peaches and berries in the world right there at Walmart.  Here in the midwest, not a chance!

2. goldenpath profile image68
    goldenpathposted 13 years ago

Well, if you are ever in the midwest you are welcome to try Hy-Vee Food Stores.  It's quite popular from South Dakota, Nebraska, Kansas, Missouri, Iowa, Minnesota and Illinois areas.  I have been their corporate website administrator for some time now.

1. philzgrill profile image63
      philzgrillposted 13 years agoin reply to this

goldenpath, what is unique about grocery store you mentioned?

1. goldenpath profile image68
        goldenpathposted 13 years agoin reply to this

It is intensely laboring to support the customer.  We've spent millions each year remodeling and building stores that now number around 240.  The real progress begins behind the scenes.  We've implemented a state-of-the-art computer ordering system that was created within corporate.  It's designed and customized for all our store's needs.  This software and hardware is not bought off the market but a customized creation for Hy-Vee to magnify the needs of our customers.

2. cheapsk8chick profile image47
        cheapsk8chickposted 13 years agoin reply to this

philz, another thing that I have found to be unique about HyVee is that their motto, "A Helpful Smile in Every Aisle" is SO true.  The folks they employ at HyVee are trained to go above and beyond for the customer, and it really shows.  The stores are very well laid out, and have everyday staples right in the front of the store (with huge varieties of those items in the back).  They also have a Chinese restaurant (with some of the best Chinese food around, and Italian eatery, and deli, a bakery, a salad bar, a "cafeteria" style spot, a huge selection of health food, and a great meat counter with fresh meat.

3. philzgrill profile image63
    philzgrillposted 13 years ago

i like costco for some things, they have some excellent and unique food products.  we don't really have here in CA many great chains for food.  If you're a value shopper, I like FoodMax (a SaveMart subsidiary.

4. camlo profile image85
    camloposted 13 years ago

I used to shop at Delhaize, a Belgian supermarket chain that offers a huge range of luxury foods, but it recently moved out of Germany. We had a Marks and Spencer here some years ago, which I enjoyed shopping at, but that's gone, too. So now I shop at Rewe ... don't suppose anyone here has ever heard of that. Anyway, they sell Weetabix, which is one good reason for going there.

5. caycoltken profile image60
    caycoltkenposted 13 years ago

I go to aldis
    Wal-mart killed all the little guys and ill never forget that
    Wal-mart `s meat sucks any way!

I have two hubs on :
    Http://hubpages.com/hub/MAKE-BUTTER-WITH-THE-KIDS
       Im also a plumbing and heating guy any questions ask me please.
    I love to help people

1. camlo profile image85
      camloposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Aldi does offer good value for money, but I'll only go there if I have a neutral bag with me ... there's no way I'm going to walk around with an Aldi bag! BTW, their coffee tastes horrible.

http://s4.hubimg.com/u/4476231_f248.jpg

6. Rafini profile image82
    Rafiniposted 13 years ago

I shop at Aldis, Woodmans, and Copps if I have to.

Aldis has good prices, Woodmans has great variety, and Copps is closest.

1. goldenpath profile image68
      goldenpathposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Fourteen thumbs up on Aldis!

7. Flightkeeper profile image67
    Flightkeeperposted 13 years ago

The Target near me just opened up a grocery section.  The prices are unbelievable.  I saw empty shelves with a sign on it that said bananas 14 cents a pound.  They've had brand name bread for less than a buck.  The shelves are usually picked clean and I never seem to get there in time.

8. matherese profile image60
    mathereseposted 13 years ago

Asda,

1. camlo profile image85
      camloposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I'd completely forgotten about Asda - I remember it from when I lived in England. A kind of boring supermarket ... not that they're ever that exciting ...

9. yolanda yvette profile image61
    yolanda yvetteposted 13 years ago

Albertsons, mostly. 

HEB, ever now and again.

Kroger, a few times a year.

10. melpor profile image90
    melporposted 13 years ago

Shoprite is the store for me in New Jersey.

11. paradigmsearch profile image60
    paradigmsearchposted 13 years ago

Here’s a plug for Stater Bros. I’ve been fond of them for years.

12. leahlefler profile image94
    leahleflerposted 13 years ago

We shop at Wegmans. I believe they only exist in NY state and a few neighboring states (started in Rochester). We absolutely love Wegmans. They have a huge organic section that reminds me of Trader Joe's, a wonderful cafe, good prices on the groceries, and a free licensed childcare center for children ages 3-9 while you shop. Bliss!

13. Holiday Hannah profile image60
    Holiday Hannahposted 13 years ago

I like Food Lion for meats and Save-a-Lot for staples and fresh fruits and vegetables. However, I shop the grocery specials at all of the stores - Rite Aid, Walgreens, ethnic stores, farmers market and the nearby groceries.

14. TinaTango profile image69
    TinaTangoposted 13 years ago

Walmart, but that's mostly because I also work there.  I do not receive any discount on food items, but it's just convenient.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)