How many countries have you visited and which one is best for living ?

Jump to Last Post 1-19 of 19 discussions (50 posts)
  1. profile image0
    wendy87posted 13 years ago

How many countries have you visited and which one is best for living ?

1. Donna Suthard profile image61
      Donna Suthardposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I have visited Canada, and I loved Niagara Falls on the Canadian Side. It was stunning going on the Maid of Mist tour..The boats carried us so close to the falls.  and it was a amazing exciting view of Niagara Falls. Health insurance is free there, but the taxes are high..I still feel living in the United States is best.

1. profile image49
        Popolmonjeanposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Transportation: Major cities are fairly well served with a network of subways, which operates from 6 am to 1 pm 30 am to Madrid and from 5am to midnight on weekdays and from 5am to 2am on weekends in Barcelona.
        The price of a subway ticket is 1 euro to 1.40 euros in Madrid and Barcelona. There are also other options to lower fares (tickets for multiple trips, coupons, ...).
        Climate: Spain is one of the hottest countries in Europe. The summers are dry and winters mild. Temperatures range from 4 ° C in winter to over 29 ° C in summer. However, significant differences were noted by region (mountains, seaside ..).
        Health: According to the World Health Organization (WHO), the Spanish national health system is among the five best in the world.
        As a European citizen, you can automatically receive the Spanish health system through agreements between the EU countries.
        http://www.excedentdebagages.com/PBCPPl … ?ID=286272

2. Dovay Lee profile image41
      Dovay Leeposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I have not visited any country and hope one day i can go to some country.

3. Africa Unlimited profile image61
      Africa Unlimitedposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I have been to over 40 countries. Best places to live in my opinion are South Africa (beauty and weather and diverse peoples, fantastic infrastructure), Croatia (unspoiled,  beautiful Adriatic small population), England (Interesting people, emphasis on "fair play" hard working people, home of the English language). Where I would consider living Australia, Canada, New Zealand, USA, Pacific ocean islands, Germany, Sardinia.
      Places I wouldn't live...Russia, China, All of the middle east beside Lebanon and Israel, Nigeria.

1. profile image0
        Sophia Angeliqueposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Tell that to the 1/3 South Africans who are now expat because it is the most violent country in the world outside an active war zone. And, I'm South African. I left 12 years ago. Oh, yes, and it has a one in two HIV rate in some parts of the country, the highest murder and rape rates in the world, etc. Also, the infrastructure is rapidly disappearing, and electricity is now switched off for two hours every day...

England... All those yobs and the dirty streets? Lived and worked in London twice in my life. Still can't get over the amount of gum embedded in the streets with people just spitting it out and it eventually gives the cement a speckled white appearance (Camden area). I agree with the fair play, and I most definitely miss the English humor. Of all the cities I have lived in, I consider London to be my 'home'.

Currently living in USA. Germany was always too cold for me in winter but I loved the cleanliness and the culture (par for the course - I also have German nationality).

1. Africa Unlimited profile image61

South Africa still offers a superior lifestyle if you do business in the style of the continent. If you want to compete in the workplace you wont find a level playing field. For my part, when I retire, it will be to the Karoo in Summer and then England in the Summer. Lets hope they sort service and infrastructure out....if not, well people are doing business all over the continent in very poor conditions and are realising the need of replacing infrastructure (part of what I do). When this generation of politicians in SA are past and younger better educated people take the reins, the improvements will come. If you want to raise children now....you'd be better advised to be in Oz or Canada.

1. profile image0

Well, yes, if one is rich, then one can live anywhere. It is only the rich South Africans who truly enjoy it. But then, the rich can buy anything anywhere.

I hope you don't get murdered when you retire to the Karoo, by the way. Visiting a country is very, very different to living in it.

"When this generation of politicians in SA are past and younger better educated people take the reins, the improvements will come."

Well, that's a hopeful sentence. I hope you're right. Personally, I've seen too many countries in Africa disappear from the radar.

I spend enough time in SA not to be a visitor and most of it in Jhb, where I carry my 9mm and I haven't forgotten how to use it. I have been there done that and have the t shirt when it comes to conflicts urban and Rural COIN. I was involved in all SA's recent conflicts and was also a longstanding volunteer in the military in MI. It suits me not to live in Jhb now, it suits me to live in the UK....I get more business that way. The area of the Karoo where I will retire is surrounded by friends of a lifetime and I will form part of the defense mechanisms that are in operation there now. Refugees don't get a look in, in the area and that is where the vast majority of conflict occurs, where the refugees are....so in other words greater Johannesburg. I have a number of black friends who are in politics and are also self made businessmen of longstanding, they are not unconcious to the trials and tribulations that SA faces. Its their turn, lets see if they can do a better job than we did under the Nats. We have no choice really. At a personal level one is very safe in the UK, on a Macro level the former West has large problems to overcome....the current trouble in the Mid East not the least of them. I think that if you want to find reasons not to do things, it is very easy. I prefer to take the positive view and thus control my own destiny. It has nothing to do with wealth. If I was wealthy I would be surfing the North shore of Hawaii every day.

1. profile image0

I prefer to take the realistic view - which has nothing to do with either being positive or negative! smile

I do hope you're right in your assessment. My grandparents had a farm in teh Karoo. When I was a little girl, I stayed with them while my parents went on the Grand Tour... I still have vivid memories of acacia trees and 'bokdrolletjies'. smile

One persons reality is different to anothers. It does in the end boil down to attitude. Realistically at one stage man couldn't run a 4 minute mile. If enough people take the right and positive steps and spread this, in the end it will sway current "reality". Just my personal beliefs, but it has worked for me and this is perhaps why a Fitter and Turners son from a gold mine has been able to do and afford many things....including the choice to live where I like in the world. Wealth is relative, Bill Gates is wealthy....if I package a big game hunt together which netts me £50,000, it does afford me certain freedoms, but in my eyes doesn't make me wealthy. To do this business I do it in Africa and mostly South Africa. So South Africa to me is opportunity. Can I do anything about the politics and mismanagement, well no I can't...so I don't sweat it and focus on the things where I can make a difference. The good old days in SA like the good old days in the USA will not be seen again, so one must adjust accordingly. So realistically I find SA a land of opportunity and realistically you feel it is too dangerous/undeveloped for you to live there....so it boils down to attitude (sic) and choice of attitude.

I still play a game with the young kids where we have spitting contests with Kudu bokdrolletjies....but if I think of acacias I think of the lowveld...the Karoo for me is more about wild olive trees (olivenhout) which are the ultimate survivors. I also like taking very long shots on springbok (I shot combat rifle for SA) and this appeals to my sensibilities.

Stay well.

1. profile image0

I guess I don't buy into the attitude fallacy. I don't think perspective changes reality. Regardless of how one regards the moon or the stars, they continue their cycles. The attitudes and perspectives of people do not affect the big picture. They affect only how they respond to the events around them.

I also don't buy into the perspective that one's attitude determines one's outcomes. That is only one attribute of many other possibilities. A good looking man or a beautiful woman does not have to put in thee amount of work that someone without it. A man born a genius does not have to struggle the way someone born without that genius has to. One might be born on the wrong side of the tracks, but if one is born with the natural talent, it puts one a step ahead of those born without it. Also, if one is born in a industrialized country, one is ten steps ahead of someone born in the Congo to a teen HIV mother. 

In the 50s, the Karoo (when I lived there) used to be filled with thorn trees! smile

Yes, of course, wealth is relative. Still, when one can afford to live wherever one likes, that provides a degree of protection from the elements. And that's why you think South Africa is a wonderful country. 1/3 of its population is not expat because there wasn't a reason to be expat.

Oh, by the way, in the mid 70s, I was engaged to a big game hunter. He used to take people like Peter Fonda game hunting! smile

2. Africa Unlimited profile image61

BTW check out my website http://www.africaunlimitedtours.com

4. Erin LeFey profile image69
      Erin LeFeyposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I've visited 6 so far and I think I would live in Italy...I stayed a month in Rome but I would live on the West Coast of Italy in Tuscany or maybe further South. I loved the people, history, food, and the all out passion for life I felt when I was there. If I lived there, I would still continue to travel to other places.

5. Priyankaa Bee profile image60
      Priyankaa Beeposted 13 years agoin reply to this

A place where it is free from natural disaster such as earthquakes, tsunami, typhoon, cyclone, volcano, sand storm is the best....

1. profile image0
        Baileybearposted 13 years agoin reply to this

what place is free from risk of natural disasters?

1. profile image0

Strangely, enough, South Africa! smile

6. prettydarkhorse profile image64
      prettydarkhorseposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I have been to different countries but I still choose my birthplace Philippines, just because it has a comfortable weather the whole year round and I have a residential house near a beach there. People are warm and prices of commodities are cheaper. It is two hours by plane to HongKong and 3 hours away from Bangkok.

7. profile image0
      kimberlyslyricsposted 13 years agoin reply to this

16 countries and sweden i think wins the prize big_smile

1. Misty39 profile image60
        Misty39posted 13 years agoin reply to this

I heard that Sweden is a great place to live and takes very good care of the elderly which is very important in this fast growing world.It's also very important to me.

8. marwan asmar profile image66
      marwan asmarposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I think I wouldn't mind living in Sri Linka which I visited last year simply because I thought it had a mezmerizing terrain, out of this world...an idea that can't be fathamod in 4 or 5 days. I have visited a not a few countries in the world including Germany, Britain, Belguim, U.S.A.....whilst I thought they are very nice....Sri Lanka was captivating, having a stranglehold on me!

9. daywriter profile image60
      daywriterposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I consider myself a well travelled person because not only I travelled  through  Portugal, France, Italy, Germany, Thailand, China,  I also lived in  Canada (Owen Sound, close to Toronto), Philoppines (  Manila, Makati area), in Brazil ( Sao Paulo).
      Sao Paulo made a great impact because the city has a lot to offer culturally speaking, excellent restaurants, etc. etc. Nothing is perfect though - the traffic is murder! All roses have thorns....

2. Roger Rabbit profile image60
    Roger Rabbitposted 13 years ago

I would like to live in Spain on the island of Ibiza and get my rave on 24/7 haha.

3. NoHomeBase profile image59
    NoHomeBaseposted 13 years ago

I saw Richard Branson and his son on a tv interview the other day and he said that if he was born again he would love to be born in Australia. It is a place that is hard to beat.

1. CHRIS57 profile image61
      CHRIS57posted 13 years agoin reply to this

Defintely aggree. Australia is the place to live, i would pick Melbourne, Victoria for staying a while.

I have visited many countries on this planet, i have lived in some (US, Russia, currently Germany).  With the exception of Israel and Marrocco i was never seen in the Middle East, Africa and the Indian subcontinent. It makes me uneasy if i don´t speak or at least understand or read the local language. And i miss many languages to really feel poyglott in some locations, and some of those languages are  important: Chinese, Japanese, Arabic.

From Brazil i admire the youth and dynamics, from the US the speed and directness, from Russia i learned what real friends are.
      From China i learned to accept strange culture and habits.
      In Europe i like the things being close together, to have the choice of 4 different opera houses in 3 different cities in 2 different countries within 1 hour of driving.

In Austrialia you don´t live too close together, culture is not too strange, it is amazingly European. It is a land of plenty in the true sense of the phrase meaning. Austrialia has the generosity of a big country without the rush and speed of the US. In other words - Austrialia is a land of extremes without real extremes.

2. Misty39 profile image60
      Misty39posted 13 years agoin reply to this

I just saw some footage with Oprah Winfrey and friends in Australia;the scenery was awsome,all wooded area's love the woods where I can hide and meditate.Massachusetts is so congested,stackable house's every where.But on the other hand I have visited Bermuda  I loved to visit there but not to live,no one is allowed out after dark unless the tourists are there,maybe thats why there is very little to no crimes,it's very humid during summer months. I heard it was very cold in the winter months as it's surrounded by water.Then I went to Canada twice it was nice there and very friendly people,resturants were great as well as the service,the motel/hotels were great nice and clean the girls that worked there were fun.Then last but least I visited my sister-in-law in Rapid city SD it was beautiful there;the scenery was great,some of the historical places were still there,wild Bill Hickok,and Calammity Jane both grave sites at deadwood SD interesting  to visit.There was a path paved all the way to the top of mount rushmore there was a resturant/gift shop.Work was being done on a damaged face of George Washington great sites to see & enjoy.But all tole I think I would rather weather it out here in Massachusetts......

1. NoHomeBase profile image59
        NoHomeBaseposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Did you see the bit when Oprahs guests came to Tasmania (southern most island state or Australia)?
        I was in that episode - but only for a few seconds.
        smile

4. mike6181 profile image60
    mike6181posted 13 years ago

Costa Rica, hands-down!  This country fits and works in too many ways to ignore.  I've tried to outline these in several hubs I'm doing on that country.  I've admired it for years and truly enjoyed visiting in July.  The place is great for retirees, with lots of expatriates living together in communities, or immersing themselves in the local communities.

Cost of living is very inexpensive compared to most ANYWHERE!  And the country is beautiful to travel about in.  White rafting, surfing, two major oceans (Atlantic and Pacific) close together.  On it goes.  Yeah, I think I've found it superior to the other places I've been to, including Korea and Japan.  It beats Hawaii in my opinion because of the cost factors.  Enough, have to let others have enough room for their favorites!

1. SmittenWithTravel profile image60
      SmittenWithTravelposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I've been to Mexico and Canada (live in the U.S.) and I like Canada but I wouldn't mind calling Costa Rica home. I've heard so many great things about it and I'm planning a trip there real soon.

To me the weather is a BIG factor as to where I call home. I'm an outdoorsy kind of person so it would be important to be in an area where there's lots of great warm weather.

5. Chaya Parmessur profile image70
    Chaya Parmessurposted 13 years ago

I have travelled a lot for leisure and business and lived in several locations.  I come from a paradise island (Mauritius).  I found Mauritius a little too small and left.
    I loved London and Scotland but hated the weather.
    Australia was great for weather but it is very far and quite isolated from the rest of the world.
    I have lived in Malaysia and Jakarta and both places can be fun but it is an expat style life where it is very difficult to make local friends.
    I lived in Houston for a year and would say that was one of the worst places, pretty soul-less.
    Now we are living in Paris, France and it is fun but not a place I would like to retire.

SO FINALLY we have bought a place in the south of Spain, near Marbella in Costa del Sol and we have been there several times and for me it is best as people are friendly, relaxed and the weather is about the best in Europe and from Marbella you can go skiing in Granada in 2 hours or visit Gibraltar (which is little England) [an hours drive] and get to Tangier, Africa after a 35 min ferrry crossing! Besides the whole of Europe is still at your doorstep and yes I forgot to mention the lovely beaches and beautiful yatchs in the marina.

1. Castlepaloma profile image75
      Castlepalomaposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Belize

English speaking, easy access, beautiful nature, and low cost

6. recommend1 profile image59
    recommend1posted 13 years ago

China - it has everything mentioned above and it is civilized and cheap to live for an ex-pat - and it has a Sukie.

I love visiting China's landscapes, people and its cultures, a lot of my philosophy is Asian. If you speak Chinese and if you are Chinese it helps then to live there.

Personally I find the down side of China is too polluted, crowded and don't care for an animals looking at me wail I am eating it, other wise a great place to live.

1. recommend1 profile image59
        recommend1posted 13 years agoin reply to this

The pollution has improved out of all recognition since the factories were ALL moved out of the cities and towns about 15 to 20 years ago I think it was.  Then the national campaign to reduce rubbish on the floor cleaned up the city centres, major roads etc.

There may be too many people, but the successful one child policy means that the crowd is only half as many as it could have been.

NOT being Chinese is best for living here as we get respect and privelages that make the diadvantages of not knowing hte language dissapera pretty much, and a little language goes a long way here.

From the hold of Royal China for centuries, I do see China changing faster than any other country

7. Ajay Mathews profile image42
    Ajay Mathewsposted 13 years ago

INDIA-KERALA..!! see my hub.

Looks sweet

8. TimMEy profile image69
    TimMEyposted 13 years ago

Well I have been to 18 different countries so far. Most of them in Europe. Additionally Australia, Brazil and Argentina. From my point of view Australia is the best place for living because the weather is sweet, the people are very kind and there is enough Space for everybody.

I am inspired by the life-style my former employer had. Nice house close to a city at the Sunshine Coast. Working and Driving through the sunny Landscape all day and every day he went surfing with his kids. If thats not a decent way to spend the rest of your life then I don´t know

9. scubadoggy profile image69
    scubadoggyposted 13 years ago

I've been to at least a dozen by now, and I think that New Zealand is the most interesting and also most livable!

10. profile image0
    Home Girlposted 13 years ago

Canada is a nice country but it's cold in here in winter and hot and humid in summer, and hard to make a living,to hold the standard of life that is high. You cannot relax, you always worry about money etc. And if you are not paying attention to your kids and rely on school too much, they might grow up uncaring slobs to your utmost surprise.

11. profile image0
    Home Girlposted 13 years ago

Is it much crime in Costa Rica?

12. Greek One profile image63
    Greek Oneposted 13 years ago

Bangkok

I don't really want to live there, but I just wanted to post 'Bangcok" without getting banned.

13. novascotiamiss profile image70
    novascotiamissposted 13 years ago

Being a passionate traveler I visited many countries and I lived in Switzerland, England, Caribbean, Brazil, South Africa, USA, Australia. Best place to live in my opinion is:

Canada, Nova Scotia: Beautiful countryside, lovely people, relaxed athmospere, reasonable real estate

What I think about the other places:

USA: One of the best places to travel around, especially by RV. The national parks are out of this world. Great infrastructure, reasonably safe, especially away from the big cities. Friendly people. Wouldn't want to live there though.

New Zealand: Gorgeous country, lovely people. Downside: it's a bit remote and high danger of earth quakes and tsunamis

Switzerland: Lovely country to travel around, so highly recommended for holidays. Very central for travel all over Europe, within 1-2 hours you are in France, Italy, Germany. Downside: Living there is a totally different story. High population, little space, congested roads, work is a ratrace. Weather unpredictable, especially down in the valleys where fog is predominant from October until February.

Australia: Exciting travel destination, nice people. Downside: Extremely harsh climate, poisonous animals and plenty of natural desasters.

South Africa: Still one of the world's most beautiful countries. Great wine and food. Downside: Crime, that's why most people leave.

Caribbean: Great for holidays but not to live. Novelty of good weather and rum punches wears of quickly. Downside: Hurricanes

England: Lived there 20 years ago in London. Unless you are a real city person I wouldn't recommend it. Too many people and bad weather.

14. brandonhart100 profile image75
    brandonhart100posted 13 years ago

I lived in Brazil for a while and the people are as friendly as you'll come upon.

Their cities and shopping centers are actually very modern and if you live in the wealthier places it's very nice. 

The favellas, however, are still a place of poverty... still even the people I met there were super-friendly and despite everything they were very happy.

15. WriteAngled profile image73
    WriteAngledposted 13 years ago

I've travelled round most of Europe in my time, have lived in ex-Yugoslavia, and have visited Egypt, Cuba, India, Japan and the United States on several occasions.

I love being in Wales, although I am attracted to warmer and sunnier places too.

Cities are definitely out for me. I grew up in London and spent over 50 years living in other cities (Bristol, Zagreb, Sheffield, Nottingham). I got to hate city life. Now, I can enjoy a nice city like Barcelona or Lisbon, for example, for a brief visit, knowing I will soon escape back to my valley and mountains.

I did look seriously at moving to Greece or Spain. However, the bureaucracy involved in setting up home and a freelance business put me off and the tax situation seemed even worse than in the UK. I know we have horrendous bureaucracy in the UK too, but I think it is easier to cope with your own bureaucracy; you become immunised against it over the decades.

Further flung places would have me worrying about health care and related matters. In particular, I would not like to live in the United States, because of the costs of health and also because it seems to be where all odious political correctness originates. I did enjoy being in New Orleans though!

Perhaps the two strongest factors that keep me where I am are (a) I don't want to be abroad when my daughters are in the UK, and (b) Wales just continues to work its magic, and I feel ever deeper feelings for this wonderful country. Apart from the rain, it doesn't feel like the rest of the UK to me when I bury myself into the Welsh language side of things here. It feels so much more civilised, with a huge emphasis on cultural matters. I also feel much safer physically in my small Welsh community than I have felt elsewhere.

16. johncimble profile image52
    johncimbleposted 13 years ago

I'm originally from New Zealand but I lived in Australia for 5 years and I have traveled all across Europe, North America and to quite a few South East Asian countries. I have settled down in Thailand and despite political problems it is really a fun place to live if you have a decent job.

Living expenses are very cheap, you can rent out a nice place with great facilities much much cheaper than back in the west. There is plenty to see and do on the weekends. Thai people are usually very friendly and nice, however there are a lot of laws here that do make it hard for foreigners to stay.

17. carolp profile image80
    carolpposted 13 years ago

I have been living in Switzerland since 1986. Life here is secured and calm, it is expensive but the the salary is good. It is an interesting place where most people talk not only German, but also French and Italian. Switzerland have main 3 parts to live considering one's language one wants to master. It is nice to make a tour in Europe or stay a week or more weeks vacation in many beautiful places.

I have been travelling and have seen many places like Egypt, Canada, Kenya, Israel, Maine, Paris, Italian, Holland, Belgium, Greece, Morroko, Spain, other Europian countries, Philippines,etc.

18. lilian_sg profile image64
    lilian_sgposted 13 years ago

I've been to 9 countries. Lived in Malaysia and Singapore. I would say that both are not too bad, but if safety is a big thing then Singapore is the better choice. If cost is a bigger issue, then go for Malaysia.

19. Mr_Frugal profile image61
    Mr_Frugalposted 13 years ago

I've been to about 6/7 different countries and have moved to Canada from the UK. I used to live in London which is a lot bigger than where I live now in Toronto. But the people are more laid back here which is nice.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)