Does age matter?

Jump to Last Post 1-13 of 13 discussions (29 posts)
  1. TimeHealsAll profile image59
    TimeHealsAllposted 13 years ago

"How many years are too many years apart" and "whats the oldest a man should be if a woman is 58" and "why is this"?

1. qwark profile image61
      qwarkposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Depends.
      If you are a 58 yr old woman who "needs" sexual satisfaction from a man, the younger the man the better.
      If "Sex" is unimportant but love and companionship is, why should age be considered?
      Qwark   smile:

2. cpvr profile image60
      cpvrposted 13 years agoin reply to this

If they're not kids, then age doesn't matter.

1. noant profile image40
        noantposted 13 years agoin reply to this

i agree. :-)

2. Priyankaa Bee profile image60
        Priyankaa Beeposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I just feel uncomfortable if the man is 5 years or more younger than me..I am not sure what and how should I talk to him...as an elder sister ? Can't imagine I am naked in front of him ! :p

3. solar10 profile image59
      solar10posted 13 years agoin reply to this

I think as long as the are loving each other, just go ahead.

4. Genna East profile image82
      Genna Eastposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I am always impressed with the intriguing and interesting questions people ask on hub pages, and the responses.   I think this depends on number of factors.  They are certainly both seasoned individuals, and know much about life and have undoubtedly loved before.   If they both are healthy and have their wits about them, then it is up to them.  If they truly love each other and are happy, so be it.  No one else can judge for them.

5. dutchman1951 profile image60
      dutchman1951posted 13 years agoin reply to this

Does age matter? I think it  depends upon how mature in  mind both people are.

I think it would be, maybe a give and take kind of thing. sometimes it will matter other times not so much, so if they are both mature enough to realise that, then probably no problems. Otherwise problems occur.

6. noyon_ku profile image61
      noyon_kuposted 13 years agoin reply to this

It's matter for women not for men.

7. kethyjewel profile image60
      kethyjewelposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I think it is better that men is elder then his women. but not necessory.

8. speedbird profile image60
      speedbirdposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I believe age is just a number..what matters is how the two of you can get along

2. profile image0
    ryankettposted 13 years ago

As per the laws of your country or state.

TimeHealsAllposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Thes two are of legal age.

3. profile image0
    ryankettposted 13 years ago

Then "they" are at liberty to pursue whatever relationship they
    Wish, they shouldn't need to seek understanding or approval.

Although if children are involved that could be different, a 58
    Woman shouldn't be having a relationship with their 18 year old sons
    School friend etc.

Why don't you tell us how old the male is?

He'll be 79 soon.

4. camlo profile image85
    camloposted 13 years ago

As long as both are mature enough to make their own decisions, and of the legal age of consent, then I don't really see as it should matter what anyone else thinks.

5. AdeleCosgroveBray profile image88
    AdeleCosgroveBrayposted 13 years ago

Surely the activities of concenting adults are nobody's business but their own, (so long as they remain within the laws of their own lands.)

6. knolyourself profile image61
    knolyourselfposted 13 years ago

Seems to me it matters if you only got ten years to live.

This man is healthy and viberant. He may only have ten years to live but he has a heart of gold and is the most caring and loving person I've ever met.

1. Nicole1963 profile image61
        Nicole1963posted 13 years agoin reply to this

Then hold on to him tight and enjoy ever second with him. Live life to its fullest potential and don't look back.

Nobody is able to determine how much time one has on this earth so what is important is what you do with the time you do have. Thus, either bask in the wonderful embrace of love and joy or look back and dream of the beautiful times you could have had.

Age makes no difference I am 48 and my partner is 61 we have had many wonderful times and continue to enjoy each and every minute we are privileged enough to spend together.

7. knolyourself profile image61
    knolyourselfposted 13 years ago

"This man is healthy and viberant. He may only have ten years to live but he has a heart of gold and is the most caring and loving person I've ever met."
    'ten years to live', I was referring to myself.
    Great. So what's the problem? Seems to me true love transcends the body.

1. rexy profile image57
      rexyposted 13 years agoin reply to this

so they say...'age is just a number'   so live your life,
      if you have found happiness......This is what the record
      breaker said in India....who is over 70 years old and had a baby by
      his  over 50 year old wife and is going for a second child at this age.

8. lorlie6 profile image73
    lorlie6posted 13 years ago

I have been very happily married to a man 13 years my junior.  I'm 54 and he is 41.
    It works if you work it!

9. IN2Deep profile image68
    IN2Deepposted 13 years ago

Love should have no boundries-If it is really love it will just happen-there is a difference between love and infatuation-Sometimes, I think we are so afraid of what other people think-that we avoid things or prevent things.I think what matters most is how you feel about it yourself and how the other person feels about it.If you are 58 and he is 79 what does it really matter-spending time worring if others will approve your decision is kind of silly--and life is to short to let someone else's opinion guide your relationship.I am 46 and my husband is 56-we have been together for 22 years married for 17 years- Alot of people use to say it would never work for many reasons-but the truth is if you want it to work it will-Just be happy.Some people are just compatible.
    There is nothing wrong with spending time with someone  who makes you happy.

I do agree that you should never date your childrens friends or others the same age as your children-but again that is just my opinion- what I was taught-common sense

10. loveingyou profile image60
    loveingyouposted 13 years ago

Age doesn't necessarily matter; however, intellectual compatibility, maturity, and emotional compatibility along with the ability to trust and communicate with one another does, and are the foundations to a long-lasting and healthy relationship.

Unfortunately, some of those qualities, such as intellectual compatibility and maturity, correlate with age differences; however, if the two parties are able to work on a relationship, age doesn't really make a difference.

11. Kimberly Venegas profile image60
    Kimberly Venegasposted 13 years ago

I use a simple formula to determine if there is to many years apart. Age/2 + 7 (age of older person, man or woman). Works for me

12. profile image0
    klarawieckposted 13 years ago

It depends...

1. profile image53
      james85posted 13 years agoin reply to this

Deleted

1. profile image0
        klarawieckposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I thought we were talking about age, not race.

13. littlemrs profile image61
    littlemrsposted 13 years ago

I've been going out with my partner for 2 years now and he is 7 years my junior. It seems to bother other people more than it bothers us and mostly my friends rather than his.  Every week a comment is made about him being younger but I ignore it - we are happy and it doesn't bother us so I tend to ask the question why does it bother others?

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)