is hubpages revenue sharing site?

Jump to Last Post 1-15 of 15 discussions (30 posts)
  1. sunforged profile image70
    sunforgedposted 13 years ago

Goodbye ^ That was quite a short run

1. tritrain profile image70
      tritrainposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Well said.

2. emoneychat profile image35
    emoneychatposted 13 years ago

40% of the time the Google Adsense code of YOUR Google ads will display.

what is this mean???is it pay 100% or 40% ???

When your ads display (40% of the time when someone views one of your Hubs) YOU would get all revenue (100% of Adsense).

So, slightly less than 1/2 of the time, your Adsense would display and you would get the money.

Personally, I make far more via Amazon here than Adsense.  Ebay is probably the same for those that can use it.

3. David 470 profile image81
    David 470posted 13 years ago

60% of the page impressions are yours. 40% are not.

Whatever you make at the 60% is yours.

I quote the HubPages FAQ

"HubPages earns its revenue from these ads, so we split the impressions with our writers on a 60:40 split (60% to you, 40% to us)."

Basically you make 100% of the earnings 60% of the time, the other 40 is to hubpages

Ah, my brain no worky sometimes.

60, 40, just a bunch of numbers.

I will drink some coffee.

Thanks for turning me around in the right direction.

4. lrohner profile image68
    lrohnerposted 13 years ago

Before you get your hopes up, read this: http://hubpages.com/faq/#duplicate_content

HubPages does not look kindly on content thieves. That means, stealing other people's articles and publishing them here is a big no no that will probably result in you being banned from here anyway.

5. sunforged profile image70

Dont bother trying to figure out the revenue sharing, just move along, I vote for a pre-emptive ban. smile

How did you even find that article to steal it? What were you looking for? You dont stand a chance of making money as a writer or a thief with this kind of stupidity.

1. lrohner profile image68
      lrohnerposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Which one? They were both stolen from two different sites.

And I second the pre-emptive ban. smile

sunforgedposted 13 years agoin reply to this

It seems to have worked smile They have disappeared

6. mdlawyer profile image44
    mdlawyerposted 13 years ago

Learn first about hubbing by visiting the forums and help center

7. Aya Katz profile image84
    Aya Katzposted 13 years ago

Sunforged, how did you supplant the OP?

I wiggled my toes and counted to ten backwards

Did your toes disappear, one at a time?

2. Aya Katz profile image84
        Aya Katzposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I stand in awe of your magical powers!

8. sunforged profile image70

Ok,

The OP deleted his post as he realized that he had copied multiple articles, joined a site and then went to the forums to learn how to make money from his stolen content.

He hopes that no one will notice his little crime empire. But, I imagine he was flagged for his copied content,plagiarized or not, which is no longer allowed and will disappear completely soon enough

Behold the Toes of Power!

9. sunforged profile image70

Seriously!

Why the hell does this even have the ability to get published?

http://hubpages.com/hub/Why-i-love-mybb-forum-softwre

Build a pre-publish filter already HubPages!

this hub is still published?

2. sunforged profile image70

This hub is still published?

To busy harassing existing members after changing your TOS in a  xombaesque way to write a decent pre-publish filter or follow up on 100 word hub flags?

smile

Not that I really care ..but just still shows that your priorities are backwards.

If your room is flooding the first thing you do is turn off the source of the flood, not piss off the people in the house that can help mop up the residue.

1. profile image0
        EmpressFelicityposted 13 years agoin reply to this

http://s1.hubimg.com/u/4923996_f248.jpg

!!

3. sunforged profile image70

still there smile 3 days

1. lrohner profile image68
        lrohnerposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Okay, so I take back what I said about HP not looking kindly upon content thieves. smile

10. Charlu profile image78
    Charluposted 13 years ago

OK I'm not one to be flagging person, but I have to say I'm with you on this one Wow

11. lrohner profile image68
    lrohnerposted 13 years ago

Don't get your hopes up. It took me well over a month of nagging the HP team to get a hubber taken down that had almost 300 hubs containing stolen content. As they were pulling them down, he was publishing more. They FINALLY shut down his account.

12. Charlu profile image78

I had an article copied a few weeks ago, identical except for two words. Sent 2 emails one to the copier, one to Ez (where it was published) no results. I was fuming. Then I sent a Google search jing screen shot to Ez and the company referenced in the article and bingo the next day I was back at #1 and it was gone.
    It was one of my first articles and I was on a mission.

13. sunforged profile image70

Well, this is special.

The hub is 84 words long.

The hubber has already had a hub removed for plagiarism.

HP is responsible to its members to stop the flood of poor content.

This is a fact. All the complaints about having hubs unpublished for new and fickle reasons gain a LOT of traction if things like these can so easily be published.

again, this hub is 84 words long.The "publish" button should not have worked.

This post is 127 words long

Hell, im thinking rather than rewrite my old hubs, i should just republish them in bite sized chunks. 50 words here, 100 words there, gives me better odds of hitting a great keyword and Im sure to make more sales and clicks as I def wont be answering many questions in 84 words!

14. Charlu profile image78

big_smilebig_smile)

15. prettydarkhorse profile image62
    prettydarkhorseposted 13 years ago

I think they don't have any exact rule about length of hub in order for it to be compliant.

http://hubpages.com/forum/topic/70209?p … ost1530525
      but that is way too short - low quality as well!

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)