FEMA and OBAMA screw the midwest.

Jump to Last Post 1-7 of 7 discussions (28 posts)
  1. TMMason profile image60
    TMMasonposted 12 years ago

So this is the great fema inder the dems and Obama. What a bunch of loooooooooosers.

http://www.theblaze.com/stories/broken- … nt-damage/

2. psycheskinner profile image84
    psycheskinnerposted 12 years ago

FEMA made some mistakes here.

But shouldn't you be saying these people ought to be looking after themselves not turning to 'big government' for our tax money just because their house blew away?

1. John Holden profile image60
      John Holdenposted 12 years agoin reply to this

No, that would only come in if they had got any money.

2. TMMason profile image60
      TMMasonposted 12 years agoin reply to this

I should... but the fact is it is our tasx money and these people need it, so if we can give it Katrina victims and people around the world, then we can gove it to them. We are spending trillions on BSS, lets do some good with it.

Besides it the hypocrisy of Bush and katrina which Obama screamed about, that I more pointing to. I could say this is another exaple of obama racist roots shining through.

"Barrack Obama hates white people", got a nice ring to it eh.

1. lovemychris profile image76
        lovemychrisposted 12 years agoin reply to this

"Barrack Obama hates white people", got a nice ring to it eh."

Didn't agree when Beckles said it, don't agree now.

Unless you are saying he hates his mother and grandparents.....are you?

1. KK Trainor profile image59
          KK Trainorposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Who is Beckless? (Glenn Beck?) he's an idiot. Just wondering. I know you weren't addressing me....

I don't think Obama ever had any respect for his mom, she didn't even make an effort to raise him. And as for the grandparents who sacrificed to send him to prep school - a very good one at that - I think he felt they owed it to him. He is so arrogant I honestly don't think he has deep feelings for many people at all.

1. Uninvited Writer profile image79
            Uninvited Writerposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Do you know Obama personally? How do you know if he has deep feelings or not and for whom and how he felt about his mother? I don't see arrogance, I see confidence in what he believes.

People have an awful habit of putting the worst characteristics onto someone they don't like. That goes for all sides...

2. psycheskinner profile image84
            psycheskinnerposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Um, hardly.  Even a cursory look shows that he has a lot of love and respect for the entire maternal side of the family.  Suggesting Obama is racist is pure projection.

1. Uninvited Writer profile image79
              Uninvited Writerposted 12 years agoin reply to this

That's what I'm saying smile

3. dutchman1951 profile image60
    dutchman1951posted 12 years ago

FEMA has screwed everybody so far!

New Orleans, Joplin, Nashville, Huntsville, Mississippi Gulf Coast, and the list goes on!

More like inefficent goverment structure, not a failure of the Executive, but...

He should act to clean it up, if he even does not know how to.
    as they say; 'Ask somebody!"

I afree Dutch. But I hear no one in the leftist media screaming about this.

1. dutchman1951 profile image60
        dutchman1951posted 12 years agoin reply to this

your right, they will not write it neutral and truthfull on either side.

4. psycheskinner profile image84
    psycheskinnerposted 12 years ago

FEMA has helped a lot of people too.

1. dutchman1951 profile image60
      dutchman1951posted 12 years agoin reply to this

agree Psyc, how many were playing the system for more than thier share also.  But, they could do this much much more efficent than they have.

some crazy tape and rules when it is not needed.

5. junko profile image69
    junkoposted 12 years ago

Did not Ryan state that Obama should cut spending somewhere else before helping the people recover?

I do not believe so. i have never heard that from him and I am not a fan of Ryan, nor any other Progressive.

Ryan is a progressive like Bibiguns likes America....as in not at all.

But Ryan loves Bibi.....what treachery.

2. junko profile image69
        junkoposted 12 years agoin reply to this

This guy was Conservative and Republican' I thought his name was Ryan. The same guy who presented the Republican Budget Plan.

I am pretty sure that if Paul Ryan had said something like that it would have been in every headline for weeks and I never heard it. I doubt it happened...

6. KK Trainor profile image59
    KK Trainorposted 12 years ago

As a Katrina survivor I can attest to the fact that FEMA is a mess, but so was the entire city and state government in that situation. You can't blame Bush or FEMA for people being to stupid to leave in the face of a monster. And don't get me started on the "they didn't have any way to leave" crap, that's just not true. And now we've spent billions to rebuild a cesspool just as sleazy and dirty as ever.

As for current events, we here in Texas have been cut off for wildfire funding because we are a Red state, we got very little help from the fed. after the monster storm Ike because we are a Red state. Our Governor has asked for help along the border and been denied because we are a Red state.

How many of the states now suffering are also Red states?

What do you want? You told the Fed to go F itself....now you come crying?
      Texas already HAD a stimulus check....spent it all, most likely on give-aways to business.

Waaaa waaaa waaaaaaaaa.
      Hate the gvt, tell it to go to hell, but now cry when it doesn't kiss your behind.

YOU ALL want to secede....remember? Show us how it's done.

What are you even talking about? What stimulus? Unless you're talking about the same stimulus that in many cases our Governor rejected because he didn't want the strings attached. And we don't need any more help, we're just fine. But the President is, in theory, supposed to care about all of the states in the union and treat them equally. And we are still in the union.

Talk of secession is just a joke that the rest of you fall for every time -

2. TMMason profile image60

No we don't want to secede... we want to remove the left from this nations govt. But we will never give up our country to the treasonous leftists. And if youre going to blow our money and destroy us, then at least help some real Americans while you do it.

"we want to remove the left from this nations govt"

This is what I've been saying all along. You don't want a gvt of the people...you want a gvt for YOUR people.

Republicorp. ONLY. ALL branches. ALL positions. A complete Take-Over.

And the peak of your clawing is the Tea-Bag Movement....The Kochsters.

7. Uninvited Writer profile image79
    Uninvited Writerposted 12 years ago

Seems from what I have heard that the insurance companies are doing as much or more of the screwing.

Absolutely right about that! Why hate big oil and not hate the diseased monsters calling them "insurers" who never want to pay claims?

Don't even get me started...talk about leeches making billions on the backs of everyday folks, who happen to pay premiums for the protection of their property!

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)