Revenue Upturn (Google, HP Ads, eBay, Amazon)

Jump to Last Post 1-16 of 16 discussions (29 posts)
  1. SimeyC profile image89
    SimeyCposted 12 years ago

In June and July I sold 33 items total. In the three days of August I have sold 16 items already - evenly split over the three days.

This seems to link to an upturn in traffic. Google and HP Ads combined are back at pre-panda levels too!

Is this just a little bit of luck or a true indiciation! I hope it's the latter but I'm being objective and assuming it's just a little bit of luck!

Anyone else experience a noticeable upturn?

I've also noticed a significant upturn in the amount of eBay clicks I am getting since June 30th.

1. Richieb799 profile image73
      Richieb799posted 12 years agoin reply to this

Yesterday revenue was almost back up to pre-panda, last year levels. I also had 2 $5 clicks but Google seemed to take one click away again perhaps as invalid or they re-calculated it? :S

2. Ms Chievous profile image66
    Ms Chievousposted 12 years ago

I am experiencing the same.  My Amazon has also sold 16 items already.  The HP ads are doing well.  My Adsense earnings are up a little too, but not up enough to make payout in one month

3. CMHypno profile image83
    CMHypnoposted 12 years ago

Congratulations! smile Always good to hear of a success story.

Wish I could report the same, but my earnings are still languishing, and views only slightly up. If I was having a Mark Ewbie moment, I would have to conclude that I was the one bad writer that brought HubPages to its knees. LOL!

1. sabrebIade profile image80
      sabrebIadeposted 12 years agoin reply to this

No it's not just you Hypno.
      My HP traffic has been "meh" since the switch.

4. Cardisa profile image88
    Cardisaposted 12 years ago

I can never remember to place the Amazon capsules in my hubs. Daft me.... lol

My traffic is going up. Only here six months so don't know anything about pre-panda and bear or whatever. But I sorta am more anxious about HP ad impressions and totally forgot I had an Amazon Associates account. smile

5. leahlefler profile image95
    leahleflerposted 12 years ago

I've had an uptick, too. I'm much newer and am terrible at SEO, but I managed to sell 11 items last month - I'm always happy for any revenue, lol!

6. paradigmsearch profile image60
    paradigmsearchposted 12 years ago

Traffic has definitely improved for me as well.

My traffic has risen by at least 300 views and I only switched on Sunday. I looked yesterday and 90 of my hubs were re-indexed

1. profile image0
        adeaugustusposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Do you mean 300views per day? or per week or per month?
        Because i used to have an average view of 10 per day, but since the switch i have been having 50+ lately, please am i going very well?

No I'm getting around 2000 views a day at the moment, but with you getting 50 rather than the 10 you got before I think this is a great improvement big_smile

1. BethanRose profile image70
            BethanRoseposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Good statistics, when you say switched do you mean to Panda? I need to learn all of this, I didn't realise I was in the unknown so much, eek!

7. profile image0
    adeaugustusposted 12 years ago

Dreaming of that too somedays, although i have only got 10hubs.

8. gracenotes profile image88
    gracenotesposted 12 years ago

My traffic is up some.

I have only Adsense, not HPAds.  My Adsense is doing a lot better, with higher-paying clicks.

I wish I could say the same thing about Amazon.  My strictly sales hubs with Amazon products never rose back in the Google rankings.  Therefore I'm not making many sales, because people aren't seeing my hubs.

9. Wesman Todd Shaw profile image82
    Wesman Todd Shawposted 12 years ago

I was certain that everyone was being totally silly about things when the "panda crash" came. . . .and now it's went.  Wish I was an amazon sales guru like that. . . .

10. Marisa Wright profile image87
    Marisa Wrightposted 12 years ago

I lost over 50% of traffic due to Panda.  Since the switch I've gained - but I'm still over 20% down on pre-Panda levels and so is my income. 

It is good to see the improvement but I'm not making any judgments yet.  Lily Rose, who was in the beta group for the switch, saw the same improvement but her traffic has dropped back again. Since she's a few weeks ahead of the rest of us, it's possible the same thing may happen, so I'm biding my time.

1. profile image0
      EmpressFelicityposted 12 years agoin reply to this

I didn't know Lily Rose had been in the beta group. Oh. Like you, I think I'll wait before celebrating.

2. SimeyC profile image89
      SimeyCposted 12 years agoin reply to this

I was also in Beta and things seem to have steadied down well - one of my niches hubs has suddenly started getting a lot of traffic down but that was to be expected - even when I take out the page hits from this hub I'm up at least 30% from the level before the subdomain switch.

This month is definately showing sign of revenue growth and overall it's going to be my best month since pre-panda - and I'm very close to pre-panda revenue levels.

I guess the big test will be Christmas - I had a lot of Amazon sales beginning October so we'll see if Amazon is 'depressed' this Christmas!!!

3. Lily Rose profile image85
      Lily Roseposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Unfortunately, nothing here has changed - well, except that my traffic worstened even more.....didn't think that was possible.

I heard from the HP staff and have been told that my situation is unique as far as the accounts they have been watching go and they're not sure why as I do not seem to be being penalized by Google.  GREAT!  I do not like being unique when it does not benefit me!!

Have you tried backlinking your best hubs a few times to let Google know they are still being favored amongst readers, I did several backlinks to my old favorites after I switched. Took about a week for all my hubs to get reindexed.
        My second best hub has taken a week to start seeing a rise again and its shooting up as we speak, it began with a very low drop until I backlinked it more.

11. BethanRose profile image70
    BethanRoseposted 12 years ago

Woah, that's a lot of sales. I have yet to make one! I hope I do soon.

12. IzzyM profile image88
    IzzyMposted 12 years ago

My Amazon sales doubled last month, even though I only switched over to subdomain in the middle of the month. I even reached 7% for the first time in months! Still not back to pre-Panda levels, but close.

I just started to do well on Amazon around Christmas, I never really put many capsules in my hubs and then at Christmas I earned around $70..I don't know what the deal is with getting paid from Amazon in the UK either.

@Bethan, Panda was the algorithm Google unleashed upon the websites in its results pages, it made judgement on the quality of our pages. It made Hubpages drop down further in the results but recently the sub domain switch has made us all rise again smile

1. IzzyM profile image88
        IzzyMposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Amazon will send you a dollar cheque when you reach minimum payout level ($100) or higher if you choose to set it higher. Shop around for the cheapest bank commission to change it into pounds, because they will all charge. Here in Spain it costs me a minimum of €15 per cheque to cash, so I set my payout limit at $1,000. I'm almost at second payout!

13. Richieb799 profile image73
    Richieb799posted 12 years ago

My best hubs don't have Amazon on, I experimented once but I'm not sure. Bit of a pain waiting for check though isn't it

14. jean2011 profile image62
    jean2011posted 12 years ago

Is there a secret to getting the kind of sales and increase traffic that you are getting? I would love to know the secret!

1. IzzyM profile image88
      IzzyMposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Yes there is a technique but it isn't a secret.
      Write lots of hubs paying careful attention to onpage optimization techniques (I wrote a hub about that) and the sales and visitors will come smile

15. Richieb799 profile image73
    Richieb799posted 12 years ago

Izzy is right, the only problem is finding niche trends that nobody else is competing with you for.

16. maxravi profile image44
    maxraviposted 12 years ago

I am getting most revenue from adwords and hp ads.
    Amazon is not working much for me though.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)