Multiple Accounts;

Jump to Last Post 1-8 of 8 discussions (28 posts)
  1. profile image0
    writerwoman222posted 12 years ago

I have sent an email to staff but no reply as yet; I understand that they are busy etc; My querie is if you have multiple accounts are you allowed to comment, rate & vote up your other accounts?

1. CASE1WORKER profile image62
      CASE1WORKERposted 12 years agoin reply to this

You may have more than one account, as long as they are used in the spirit of contribution to the community. Creating large numbers of accounts for solely promotional purposes may result in all of them being banned. Creating Hubs about the same or very similar subjects in different accounts is also prohibited. Please stick to a persona in the Forums; using more the one account to post in the same Forum thread is not allowed.

This is extraced from the HP Faq- it is best to read the FAQ first before bothering staff. If you do what is suggested you could find yourself banned.

1. profile image0
        writerwoman222posted 12 years agoin reply to this

Thanks for taking the time to answer.

1. profile image0
          kimberlyslyricsposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Also, welcome, glad your here smile

2. Marisa Wright profile image86
      Marisa Wrightposted 12 years agoin reply to this

You can write Hubs on several accounts, but you have to choose one of them to be your main HubPages persona, and that's the one you use on the forums, commenting, voting etc.

You can only have one Adsense account, so it's going to be pretty obvious to HubPages if you're using your other identities to comment and vote on your own accounts.

1. profile image0

Thanks for this - its starting to sink in bit by bit: The last part of what you say is 'spot on.'  To say the truth on all this is - it has Nothing to do with me;
        It is what I have observed already in my short time...

I know who this person is & right now they have 4 accounts & are commenting & uprating their other hubs etc;  I don't think this is right. I did notify staff but however, have not heard any answer...

My point is then why not start muliple accounts & then to futher comment & rate/up vote all your other accounts; Seems a bit strange & dodgey...  Point is I know who this person is...  I may eithen reveal  them at some stage if i wish...  Clue is its not hard to find this person..

1. profile image0
          kimberlyslyricsposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Hi again.  Hope you can find some peace in others behaviour.  This as you say has nothing to do with you but clearly it must as you know all their details.  HubPages is very good at moderation and if there are violations being made it is good you report these people.  Just wanted to mention there are those of us with 4+ accounts that HP is aware of who do not violate these rules.  Long winded point is don't let others effect you.  Seems to all even out in the end.  Peace. smile

1. profile image0

Hey No that's not where I'm going too...  I;m trying to say that there are people with more than one account.   Having other accounts is fine I understand... Though when you start to comment & rate yourself up on top of your other accounts, meaning you try to send more points etc to all of your accounts acting as 'multiple voices' to send points & credits to each sepearate account. I don't thnk this is right - Does this make sense?

1. Marisa Wright profile image86
              Marisa Wrightposted 12 years agoin reply to this

It's not right, but you can take comfort from the thought that this person is wasting so much time.

The voting buttons have very little effect on scores.  Comments on your Hubs can add more content if they're meaningful but otherwise don't add much value.  In any case, Hubber Score and HubScores don't help you earn more money - they're just an ego thing. 

So I guess if this person is trying to feed his ego, he's not wasting his time.  But if his goal is to make money on HubPages, he's misdirecting his efforts completely.

1. profile image0

Thanks again yes your right - He is feeding his ego & not much else...

Thanks all for your answers; & please excuse the above errors & typos - "Spell-Check" is a must!

2. AEvans profile image70
    AEvansposted 12 years ago

I have two accounts with HP. This is the main one and there is another. I never rate up my own accounts but I do comment on other hubbers, hubs through the secondary account (occasionally). It feels odd to me when I actually come into the threads and comment because it just doesn't feel like me. sad

1. Google Gal profile image60
      Google Galposted 12 years agoin reply to this

yep I'm the same way - I like to just be me in the threads - I have two accounts also - different nitches - but two is really all I can deal with seriously I dont know how people could keep up with any more than that - although the captain used to do a seriously good job of it smile smile

3. profile image0
    writerwoman222posted 12 years ago

Check Binaya Ghimire this is the main account in which he has all of his hubs tho is Now using the recent account name of Vinaya Ghimire; others are under the account names of cat-s-eye & obscurity, these other ones on the side do not have any hubs & has the date of: -  (just joined 6 weeks ago). He then uses the recent accounts to coment & rate himself up...  Not good! He also leans on his hindu religion whish is supposed to be of 'Truth & Harmony' - Not good when you are cheating here on hubpages... Bad Karma!

1. Vinaya Ghimire profile image80
      Vinaya Ghimireposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Hello writerwoman, cat-s-eye and obscurity are my brother's and sister's account and they had registered to read and comment my hubs. I do not own them though sometimes they use my computer to comment my articles. My siblings have used my work multiple times to get published in Newspapers in Nepal and I do them this favor out of love. Yes of course, Binaya.Ghimire is my account and now I have new account. Since registering this account I have limited my presence in old account. I did not do this to manipulate votes because once you comment and rate, your IP address also follows. And fraudulent behavior is easily detected. I altered B with V because I wanted to use correct spelling in my user name. You may compare my hubs on both account, I have not moved them to new account. Couple of hubs are published in other media so I have deleted them on hubpages.

4. Vinaya Ghimire profile image80
    Vinaya Ghimireposted 12 years ago

@writerwoman, here is my answer on the issue you raised about my question on religious tolerance. Many of the hubbers who follow me know that I have two different accounts Binaya/Vinaya. After I created new account, I also changed my facebook and twitter username. Perhaps Binaya should not have answered the question asked by Vinaya. This occurred because of the temptation to answer the question that I love to ponder. And more than that my hubber friend J.S Mathew had asked if Vinaya was Binaya. See the answers for reference.

Cat-s-eye and Binaya's answers look similar because cat-s-eye could have paraphrased her brother's answer. English is my second language and I'm not surprised if any of the native speakers find flaws in my language skill. I'm used to that because I know my limitations.

1. profile image0

What??? you replied to one of your hubs been the latest Vinaya under the name of cat-s-eye & said: 'I had to come back here because you gave me so much to think about." - this has now been deleted- "figures." Come true Binaya & the many other accounts that your under... I have seen you comment & rate yourself up- Not right- not here on hubpges! Sorry this is too much to digest, anyone else can do this too- what gives??? How do you explain the poem - Poetry fish that was once on your cat- s-eye- profile account & has been deleted & is now is on the vinayana account? Please don't talk rubbish- as a matter of fact I can prove this through the google cache which will show the original time you first published the poem & will also give the name, date & time...  So .... your caught red handed say no more!~

5. 2uesday profile image66
    2uesdayposted 12 years ago

You figured all this out with in 12 days of joining?   I am impressed by how observant you must be. I have been here 2 years and can only spot  a 'badly designed sock puppet' that sticks out like a sore thumb. Then again I never spent much time on this, to busy trying to learn all the other things.

I admit that I once set up an alternative account here, but could not be bothered with it and promptly forgot how to access it. I was going to separate out the different things I write about, but it seemed too complicated to spend time on.

I know some of the duplicate accounts issues are set out by HubPages,  as no go areas for more than one id. such as forum posts being one. Apart from rule breaking, unless someone is gaining an unfair advantage if they want to talk to themselves in comments on their work, it does not worry me.

1. Uninvited Writer profile image79
      Uninvited Writerposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Sounds more like some kind of grudge between the two more than anything.

1. 2uesday profile image66
        2uesdayposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Hi Uninvited Writer, wise words as usual.

The scenario of course has endless possibilities smile

6. profile image0
    Web Addictposted 12 years ago

The thread starter has a profile that no longer exists. big_smile

1. Lisa HW profile image61
      Lisa HWposted 12 years agoin reply to this

..but now may well have a completely new profile that isn't at all associated with this particular thread; and on which s/he can now started commenting and voting up a storm on his/her other accounts.  big_smile

1. profile image0
        Web Addictposted 12 years agoin reply to this

It defeats the purpose. How would you know if people are really interested with your work if you're the one commenting on them? Some people are weird. big_smile

1. Lisa HW profile image61
          Lisa HWposted 12 years agoin reply to this

lol   I don't think they care about anything but creating the impression that others are reading, commenting on, and adoring their writing.   smile  I know some people have money aims in mind when they do it (and for all I know maybe they know how to do it AND make money).  Still, the whole concept of "being" a bunch of completely different "people" who "talk to one another" kind of cracks me up.   smile

1. profile image0

Hmm.. they probably make money indeed. Agree with you too on that last note. Kinda like having multiple personality. Schizophrenic? Crazy, really. lol

7. GmaGoldie profile image80
    GmaGoldieposted 12 years ago

I have multiple accounts with completely different focuses. One I set up for a company that I used to work for, another is strictly on religion. I try to only comment on this account for the sake of fairness and simplicity - I simply do not have time.

If you have many topics and hundreds of Hubs such as I do, please be advised you don't NEED separate accounts-you can promote each type of account with RSS feeds.

I used to promote my hubs on gifts on a regular basis until Panda arrived.  I am about to start promoting my travel and communication hubs.

It is not schizophrenic IF used for a focus-religion and politics are best left separate.  Keeping a theme such as light-hearted fun, fashion, jewelry and travel works well for me but the religion and politics distort the brand of GmaGoldie.

1. profile image0

Having different accounts for the sake of organizing is certainly ok. What's crazy is about creating another account to comment on your other account to make it look like someone's commenting on it. Peace out. big_smile

8. GmaGoldie profile image80
    GmaGoldieposted 12 years ago

Creating another account to talk to your self is not just dishonest, it is sick.  The world has way too much to offer and billions of people to interact with.

You make an important point-some people are confused and may think commenting on their own articles might improve their ranking.

Having another "brand" with a focus makes sense for both the writer but most importantly for the reader. At the end of the day, we are really servicing the reader-a fellow Hubber or other Internet reader.

I feel sometimes that HP is missing the point-yes, we are here to make money but as someone put it in perspective, it is bubble gum money so why are we here-for the fellowship and the learning.  In many ways, we are an interactive online magazine.  A cross between Oprah and National Geographic.  The expertise here on HP is amazing.  I can always ask a question, search a topic and find photos, references and answers.

1. profile image0

True. The thread starter who started this whole drama on multiple accounts to "comment, rate & vote up your other accounts," quoting the exact words, has a profile which no longer exists. But as Lisa HW pointed out, she may be out there with a new account made for the purpose she intended to have them for.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)