here is a picture of muhammad!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Jump to Last Post 1-13 of 13 discussions (41 posts)
  1. Knight6 profile image63
    Knight6posted 12 years ago

http://s2.hubimg.com/u/5574505_f248.jpg

this is an example of religious fear the above picture is of muhammad NOT but before you entered what made you enter curiousity or did you want to see what he looked like because it is not a good thing to show pics of him is now bull............
    Numerous passages in the Qur�an prohibit idolatry, and worshipping statues or pictures, but there is not even single verse in the Qur�an that explicitly or implicitly says not to have any pictures of Muhammad. This bears repeating: There is not a single verse in the Qur�an that prohibits making or having pictures of Muhammad or people or animals or trees. In fact, there are some verses in the Qur�an which mention images in a positive context and which therefore presuppose that some statues or images were approved by God

surpise it is not but this just shows you how others use fear to control and by the way all beliefs are guilty of this.
    the point and the question is when people stop and think and look at their own beliefs do they follow out of fear or not?do people really need this bull in there lifes?and before the religious diehards start talking about it giving them comfort and peace STOP you do not use religion for comfort and peace and if you are truly honest with yourselfs you will see it is fear that drives all your beliefs ALL no exceptions 

and for paradigmsearch whom i find very interesting and openminded with a sence of fun here is a pic of muhammad

http://s1.hubimg.com/u/5574568.jpg

2. paradigmsearch profile image60
    paradigmsearchposted 12 years ago

Oh, My! smile

3. paradigmsearch profile image60

The dude don't look half bad... smile

Knight6posted 12 years agoin reply to this

Thats what I thought too thanks for the reply you brave soul :-)

1. paradigmsearch profile image60
        paradigmsearchposted 12 years agoin reply to this

You posted it, not me. I'm not messing with them. Stupid and violent is a deadly combination.

4. profile image0
    Emile Rposted 12 years ago

You know, it seems to me that this Muslim fanaticism about not showing a picture of Mohamed is the idolatry they claim they are avoiding. It would be funny, if they weren't so violent about it.

paradigmsearch no fear this is all on me i have dealt with stupid and violent all the time the trick is to have all the facts on your side
      emile r your right it is funny the human race is hell bend on destroying itself over a belief i think it is really sad

5. paradigmsearch profile image60

We Are All Doomed! Doomed I Say!!! big_smile

1. profile image0
      Emile Rposted 12 years agoin reply to this

lol settle down chicken little..the sun well come up tomorrow.

6. LailaK profile image70
    LailaKposted 12 years ago

Hey everybody! I don't know why, but I truely respect all Muslims out there. My best friend is a Muslim, and to be honest, if it's their belief not to show a picture of their prophet, then it's their belief! We don't need to offend others or make fun of them just because of what they believe in. Reading through this made me think about ethnocentrism in America. We see our culture, country, religion as the best and we think that all others are "stupid" or "violent" like many of you mentioned.

I wanted to address the point of following a religion because of fear vs. love. If the Muslim prophet (Muhammad) forced people to believe in Islam out of fear, then do you think Islam would have been the fastest growing religion in the world? Or do you think that as a religion Islam would have lasted?

My friends, I think that you are not seeing the big picture here. We only see our religions and cultures as the best; and if any new or absurd view is proposed to us, we call it "stupid" or "violent." Why? Why don't we just accept each other. Islam is just another monotheistic religion like Christianity and Judaism. Why do we base all of our thoughts on it because of some terrorists?

Anyhow, I hope that I made sense!

7. paradigmsearch profile image60

It is a basic tenet of Islam to kill all non-believers. Until they get around to tossing out that particular “commandment”, I will continue to have no respect for them.

1. LailaK profile image70
      LailaKposted 12 years agoin reply to this

It is your opinion not to respect them. But from where did you get the fact that it is "a basic tenet of Islam to kill all non believers?" You know, if that was true, my Muslim best friend would have murdered me since I'm a Christian! LOL big_smile

It is true. Any Muslim will confirm it, including your friend. The sane ones, such as your friend, simply ignore that particular decree.

Okay..thanks for calling my best friend ignorant! Even though I see all peace and love in her eyes. May I ask you where did you get all your info about Islam killing non believers from? Was it from the Quran? Media? Or what?

I do not think your friend is ignorant. I don't understand why you think that.

As to my source of information, it is from Muslims. I have to assume they know what they are talking about. After all, it is their religion.

Well, I don't know what kind of Muslims you were talking to. Besides, why in the world would they say that to you? If it was really true that they should kill all non believers, then they would have killed you on the spot. I read the Quran and some of their Prophet's sayings, and to be honest, I never found anything violent about their religion. So I suggest you read more if you wanna find the truth.

I suggest you ask your friend and get back to us.

Actually, I have asked her and read more about the religion than yourself. And nothing seams suspicious to me. Anyhow, this is America, you believe what you want to. And you are free to believe whatever suites you! I always try to base my beliefs on facts, information, and real people. If you try to base your beliefs on some unreliable info, then you are absolutely free to do so smile

And remember to ask her what her religion believes, not what she believes. From what you have said, they are obviously not one and the same. smile

2. Knight6 profile image63

Stop right there this is not an attack on a religion this is a look at how people view it all religions have fanatics what is being said is that their way of dealing with their belief is thier misunderstanding of thier religion all beliefs are the same and yes that makes those people stupid and violent

Hang on...I am confused. You mean that all fanatics in all religions are "stupid and violent?" Or are you just focussing on a specific group of people? If you consider all religions the same, then why don't we all make fun of Muslims, Christians, and Jews..etc all together rather than focus only on one group? My question is...why do we only disrespect Muslims?

1. earnestshub profile image79
          earnestshubposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Not true, I treat all of them as myths.

2. Knight6 profile image63

This is too religions lailax people read thier holy books and see only what they want to see and I say that about them all not just Muslims but all Jews Catholics all your friend has her head screwed on right and uses her belief to enrich life but others don't and that allies to all religions

8. LailaK profile image70
    LailaKposted 12 years ago

Thanks a whole lot! May you live long and propser as well!

9. arksys profile image83
    arksysposted 12 years ago

@Knight6 - there was no need for this ... what is the purpose? where did all this hate come from in you guys is what i would love to know. did believers throw their religious rules in your face? or are you just another fanatic who is exactly the same as the islamic suicide bombers BUT on the opposing side?

10. arksys profile image83
    arksysposted 12 years ago

Pictures were not liked by Prophet Muhammad. there are various hadith where he specifically mentions pictures. for example ...

----------
    Bukhari :: Book 7 :: Volume 72 :: Hadith 833
    Narrated Abu Talha :

The Prophet said, "Angels do not enter a house in which there is a dog or there are pictures."

----------

Bukhari :: Book 7 :: Volume 63 :: Hadith 259
    Narrated Abu Juhaifa:

The Prophet cursed the lady who practices tattooing and the one who gets herself tattooed, and one who eats (takes) Riba' (usury) and the one who gives it. And he prohibited taking the price of a dog, and the money earned by prostitution, and cursed the makers of pictures.

----------

The majority of muslims do not want a picture to be shown of the prophet because they fear people will start worshipping his picture as was done in the past. Maybe that is why the Prophet strictly prohibited making pictures.

arksys do not make the mistake of thinking this is an attack on a single religion it is not it is to prove a point all religions all over the world work if people use it for what it was meant to be used for and that was to enrich life enlighten minds share all knowledge but then some people decided they didnt want that and splits occured within all religions and these splits caused fanitics to do and say things for thier own needs they also use thier religion to commit some horrible acts of violence against other people and all in the name of thier religion priest and nuns of the catholic church raped and abused children and when it came to pay the price they hid behind cannon law and nobody said or did anything when a newspaper printed a pic of muhammad the muslim fanitics responded with violence and set about a fear that the whole world was afraid of print a pic of muhammad a pay the price with violence in israel the Israelis fight with the Palestinians over land that one believe according to thier religion belongs to them and the number of people who have died because of this is even more horrific why did you enter this topic was it because of the title did you think i was wrong to show a pic did i offend your religion and if i did then to YOU i say sorry but (and here is when it gets real) all those people all over the world who have taken a beautiful idea of belief and hope and i talk of all religions not just one or two and spit all over its purity and beauty and then use what bits they feel will help them in thier own personnal cause which 99% of the time is not for good then yes i do hate these people they have no right to destroy anyone for reasons they feel are right they do not speak for the majority of catholics muslims jews and every other religion too many too mention they are the minority and the human race needs to wake up and take back from these handful of people who have used fear and in timidation you control
      before you think i am doing this out of a religion myself i am not and think people can follow what ever they want but if they start inflicting pain and misery on others then they should be prepared for people to look closer at thier beliefs and question them they should be prepared for people to find out that it is not religion that is at fault but a minority of people who use the religion they belief in for thier own needs i have no religious ties to anyone i question i ask i want to understand i am trying to come to grips with why and i say to the minority of people who misuse this beautiful idea people will no longer take it
      agian arksys i say to YOU i am sorry if i have offended you and what you believe in but the minority must be stood up too for the human race to Survive fear is and will be its final down fall

1. arksys profile image83
        arksysposted 12 years agoin reply to this

no worries knight6 ... and thank you for apologising ... i know my faith is strong enough and a picture will do nothing to deter it... i was not offended as much as thinking ... "oh no... not another episode of pictures of the prophet and burning of the Quran".

I agree that there are fanatics who make lives difficult for everyone... i've had that done with myself for not agreeing to do something because i thought it was wrong according to teachings and have found myself to be more and more isolated with time within my own ppl ... but i don't let them get to me.

I've mostly stopped listening to the preachers and have recently started doing my own research when i need to know something ... one thing i have noticed is that the preachers say 95% of what is in the scriptures but also add 5% of their own story, which messes everything up. I also question the translations of the Quran ... after all its people who translated it. I will take me a lot of time to get a grip of it all ... but i know my way is right for me.

I also agree with you that its the poeple and not the religion at fault. but its a majority, not a minority who seem to be guiding and walking in the wrong direction.

take care.

11. Nexis19 profile image61
    Nexis19posted 12 years ago

Interesting.

12. profile image0
    howtocposted 12 years ago

First of All I am a Muslim, and I click on this honestly not to see the Picture of prophit Muhammed, the reason was Just to know your reason to post it. and I have to admit that this is a very honest and good discussion.
    First of All I believe that God and Prophits should not been pictured or made fun of. If you were Muslim or Christin or Jew you should respect God and you should respect all prophit the only issue that non muslims have is that they don't believe that Prophit Muhammed was actually a prophit and sometimes try (not all of them) to offend muslims by attacking their prophit. nontheless I am not here to talk about religions and prophits and what is allowed and what is not.. I will talk about very simple thing its humanity which means that I should respect your humanity as you should respect mine. and in any conversation no matter what was it do not try to offend people or make fun of them because of their religion, color, country, their family try to make your conversaions about facts and not personal stuff and ((remmeber I may have a different opionin than you have but we are not different both of us are humans))
    thanks Knight6 for this post and for your explanasion all what you said was right its the fault of people how are trying to make religion take us apart although we are all the same. execuse my missplling.

13. profile image57
    Arcjahadposted 12 years ago

That's not a picture of Muhammed , he was very pale in complexion that man in the photo is to dark

1. arksys profile image83
      arksysposted 12 years agoin reply to this

lol .. when i saw the pic, that's the first thing that came to mind... i thought it doesn't look anything like his descriptions.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)