How many poets cycle through emotionalism ?

Jump to Last Post 1-9 of 9 discussions (16 posts)
  1. Mark Psychedlic profile image81
    Mark Psychedlicposted 12 years ago

http://s3.hubimg.com/u/5644722_f248.jpg
    most poetry is inspired by emotion and follows a theme directed by that emotion. colour also affects emotions,linking  the two makes poetry come more alive and gives it depth so I label this as 'Psychedelic Poetry' would this create an extra slant on approved poetic style and bring the imagination of the poet and the reader into unison?

1. HattieMattieMae profile image59
      HattieMattieMaeposted 12 years agoin reply to this

ha ha yes I am emotional writer and just wrote some poems about light and raving. It would fit in this category! smile

Mark Psychedlicposted 12 years agoin reply to this

fits like a glove thankyou for your comment.

2. janesix profile image61
      janesixposted 12 years agoin reply to this

I don't know if I actually understand your question.

Are you just making stuff up?

I'm talking about the correlation between poetry and colour and the mind of the reader/poet, in order to visualise more accurately the image the poet projected.

3. profile image52
      ps acainaichposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Yes, it would. Words create a picture in a persons mind; but to link it with a picture not only creates the picture from the words, but gives it an intuitive directions from the writers perspective.

I agree with you and hope this topic inspires more colourful poetry. thankyou

2. suzettenaples profile image88
    suzettenaplesposted 12 years ago

Yes, emotion is a big factor in my poetry; however, I have just really begun writing it. Usually, some emotional moment inspires me to write poetry.  Beauty and color also inspire me to pick up a pen and write.   I do believe that colors and emotions are on the same plane.  Colors affect me and my own emotions so much.  I seem to emote more on a sunny day with the blue sky and green grass around.  Dreary days depress me more and I am less apt to emote on days like this.  I have always dreamed in color, so I think color is an aspect very important to me and my life cycle.  I seemed to be ruled more by color and emotion and I have to really work to control myself when emotion and color are involved in decisions I have to make.

Emotion and color are also important and inspire me in photography.  Photo taking is always about emotion, color and shapes, for me.  I tend to see geometrical shapes in the world and the photographs I take.  I see lines, circles, spheres, triangles etc. when I look at the world.  Strange, I know, but I come from a family of architects, and that is how I tend to see the world.  I am the proverbial round peg the world is always trying to squeeze through the square hole.  Life is so interesting for me!

This answer encapulates the question I had asked completely I could of not answered it any better!! Thankyou very much for taking the time to answer it so informatively. <3

3. sofs profile image76
    sofsposted 12 years ago

What is poetry without emotion or color.. dead lifeless words.. I love poetry that is full of imagery and color. Unfortunately poetry doesn't do well here.. i have another account for my pleasure, no adsense, no nonsense ...  only poetry smile

4. hoodieweather profile image58
    hoodieweatherposted 12 years ago

I'm an emotional writer. The colors I see are usually dull shades of gray and blue when I write. I also feel like I'm in a black and white movie. Haha.

5. ShubeyThePoet profile image61
    ShubeyThePoetposted 11 years ago

Emotion is legit all over my poems. I love it, if we didn't have it there is no way i'd be writing. It's awesome to realize that your own emotions and life experiences could be the force behind a poem!

6. chef-de-jour profile image97
    chef-de-jourposted 11 years ago

You may be able to cycle through emotionalism but I have to walk; I see and feel so much more by being on my two legs!
    Without going into the science of colour or any theory (Goethe wrote about colour in terms of spirituality) I feel colour does change our emotional output and expression but only when we consciously immerse ourselves in a colour through meditation or strong visualisation. It's a bit  like music.If I listen to relaxing music I'll feel relaxed probably, and the opposite if I listen to thrash metal! Perhaps colour works in a similar fashion?

In general terms I can't say colour affects me one way or the other because it's so difficult to judge or value. For example I may go walking in the woods for hours and surround myself with green and shades of brown and come home and write about about those colours not really knowing for certain if my emotions are affected. I may write down the colours green and brown so they would be an integral part of the work yes bu whether my emotions would be coloured by green and brown.
    I may feel great after the walk not because of the colour but because of the exercise and fresh air and nature, colour being a part of that nature. To sustain that theory I'd have to go in the same woods in the same colours and emerge with the same feelings.

But I believe strongly that words have colour and music and textured emotion and when combined in a poem can produce something far greater than the parts.

7. careyrowland profile image60
    careyrowlandposted 11 years ago

I think that I shall never see
    a poem as colorful as this one I see.
    Poetry is  made by wordy nerds like me,
    but your pic is as vivid as a poem can be.

8. Alana Warren profile image68
    Alana Warrenposted 11 years ago

I think emotion is a key feature to most poetry whether it be directly or an underlying inspiration. Sometimes we can much more easily express in words what we cannot often form in conversation or physical behaviours. Poetry can reflect the rawness and most deepest of feelings and it plays an integral part to creating a person individual character in their poetic style. Regarding colours being linked to emotion there are strong psychological properties to colours. As with there being four primary colours there are 4 primary emotions that are associated with them. They relate to the balance of both body, mind and emotion. Red is physical, Green is balance, Blue is intellectual and Yellow equals emotion. Following that the subsequent basic colours also have psychological effects, that all produce a range of characteristics which could closely be related to our perception of images and feelings connected to what we write.

9. Simba73 profile image67
    Simba73posted 11 years ago

All of my poetry has been emotionally inspired through my own life experiences (so far) I hope to be able to write something as impacting without the pain or joy I have experienced in the future but do not know if my pen will have the talent ?
    Simba

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)