jump to last post 1-10 of 10 discussions (10 posts)

What do people like most in poetry? Why?

1. DON BALDERAS profile image78
    DON BALDERASposted 6 years ago

What do people like most in poetry? Why?

2. AliceFSpencer profile image61
    AliceFSpencerposted 6 years ago

I like poetry because it's a fun way to express feelings in creative form. It's also nice to read poetry and see how many diffent ways other readers find a message....

3. leroy64 profile image84
    leroy64posted 6 years ago

This is a difficult question to answer.  Poetry changes with the authors; and, readers grow.  I personally like the way a story is told within the structure of verse.  Other people reject structure and verse altogether.   Emotions are a common theme, perhaps people are looking for emotional feed back.

4. alvinalex profile image57
    alvinalexposted 6 years ago

Because poetry make some fun in life it's also a beautiful way to express your words with different expression. I also like most poetry.

5. Frannie Dee profile image77
    Frannie Deeposted 6 years ago

Poetry has many styles a poet may use to tell a story or express an emotion.   Less words may be more poignant.when striving for beauty.

6. krosch profile image60
    kroschposted 6 years ago

I did it because I felt like I had lost a lot of emotion in my life for various reasons and I wanted to rediscover it.

7. litsabd profile image75
    litsabdposted 6 years ago

Perhaps because it always have been a way to express our inner selves openly. When you write poetry, or whatever you baptise as poetry, you let a part of you get out of the bag and free itself.

8. Richard Craig profile image78
    Richard Craigposted 6 years ago

I like a story or a strong tone in poetry.  I try to put some sort of story across in my poetry and I hope it comes across like that.

9. duffsmom profile image60
    duffsmomposted 6 years ago

I like poetry that moves me to feel some emotion that I wasn't experiencing before reading the poem.  A good poem (to me) can tell an entire story in a few stanzas.  It will be rich in emotion, texture and give me a feeling of a quiet "wow."

10. rajan jolly profile image89
    rajan jollyposted 6 years ago

Poetry carries you through a range of emotions or anything that a poet wants to convey, in few words but with solid impact.

working