Hi HubPages staff - I have a question

Jump to Last Post 1-13 of 13 discussions (50 posts)
  1. profile image0
    PhenomWriterposted 12 years ago

http://s2.hubimg.com/u/5784457_f248.jpg
    I just read the updated Terms of Use - and it says, I quote- "Harass, threaten or intimidate Authors or others who use the Service" will result in account closure. Now the point is, that I am not clear about the terms 'Harass' and ' intimidate'. They are very subjective, and we can have our own interpretations of what we perceive of them. I will be glad if I get an answer.          -Thank you.

1. recommend1 profile image59
      recommend1posted 12 years agoin reply to this

What you are doing is what you describe - no thanks necessary.

2. recommend1 profile image59
    recommend1posted 12 years ago

It is what you seem to be doing non-stop in various threads that you started yourself, about 30 seconds of self examination should be enough.

1. profile image0
      PhenomWriterposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Deleted

2. profile image0

How many hubs have you ever published recommend1? What do you use HubPages for? To spread this type of ghetto-statements? sad

...Is Maito-dog working well with schizophrenia? Uh...ah..she can't use her account anymore..ah...she feels shame to use her picture..uh!

3. profile image0

A Hubber named "Tanmoy Acharya" was really sarcastic and mean and.....
      http://hubpages.com/forum/topic/85444

recommend1  posted 3 weeks ago in reply to this
      "You are a very naughty boy !" big_smile

uthurbanposted 3 weeks ago in reply to this

"Here is another Sock Puppet in the guise of Panda..... Calling Evolution Guy a naughty boy..... ha ha ha ha!!!!!!!!! Yuan is getting down....and the anti-dumping duty is going to be ON.... Be Alert!!"

...Someone is saying that you are a sockpuppet of Evolution Guy. What's that recommend1?

1. Cagsil profile image70
        Cagsilposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Yes, that one was one of the Award Winner of idiots to stop by the forums.
        And obviously the person saying this doesn't know either one of the other two people they are talking about. Recommend1 and Evolution Guy are not the same person and neither one of them is sock puppet for the other.

1. profile image0

Thank for that info brother.

4. SomewayOuttaHere profile image60
      SomewayOuttaHereposted 12 years ago

lol

...don't be messin' with the panda...

5. Reality Bytes profile image75
      Reality Bytesposted 12 years ago

Can I get a link to the new TOS?

1. profile image0
    6. MelissaBarrett profile image59
      MelissaBarrettposted 12 years ago

Wouldn't it be interesting to find out that the OP is also a sock puppet... Maybe of another account that was started around the same time...

And that both were sock puppets of an older account?

1. profile image0

Yeah...just as you are a sockpuppet? lol

1. profile image0

When did I create you, sorry I don't remember sad

2. MelissaBarrett profile image59
          MelissaBarrettposted 12 years agoin reply to this

I have been accused of being LiveLonger's sock puppet before... of course LL is just another's alter-ego.

1. profile image0

How dare you call me a sockpuppet then?

1. profile image0

"Wouldn't it be interesting to find out that the OP is also a sock puppet"  - Drop

LMAO, because I'm not a sock puppet... this is my only account on HP (although my hubby has one too amazingly, both accounts share the same IP.) 

I realize that you are both a troll and a SP.  However, I am bored so I'll play with you smile

1. profile image0

Just drop what you said.

2. profile image0

Did I say this to you ever?-

A lady who can say  IDGAF in public does not deserve much attention from me. What is that 'F' in  IDGAF? Is that a very civilized internet slang? Do you think people don't understand what you mean?

What is  IDGAF- http://onlineslangdictionary.com/meaning-of/idgaf

2. skyfire profile image78
            skyfireposted 12 years agoin reply to this

No Kidding... lol

1. MelissaBarrett profile image59

*grins*

7. profile image0

Where did you go away recommend1? sad

8. Reality Bytes profile image75
      Reality Bytesposted 12 years ago

. By posting Author Content on the Service, You grant HubPages a worldwide, royalty-free, non-exclusive, perpetual, irrevocable license to reproduce, publicly display, publicly perform, distribute, modify, adapt and publish the Author Content on or in connection with the Service.

I do not fully understand this statement, can anyone please clarify?

1. SomewayOuttaHere profile image60
        SomewayOuttaHereposted 12 years agoin reply to this

......yes clarification would be good

2. wilderness profile image96
        wildernessposted 12 years agoin reply to this

HP can do anything it wants to with author content (as opposed to hub content) as long as it is in connection with HP.

You cannot remove author content and you can't charge HP for using it.

1. Reality Bytes profile image75
          Reality Bytesposted 12 years agoin reply to this

So this is concerning forum posts and Q and A.  Not our hubs?

1. wilderness profile image96

And photos.  Yes.  There is a definition of what author content is in the TOS, above where your quote came from.

thanks!

3. profile image0

as long as you keep the hubs published...that right goes.

If I understand your meaning, that is incorrect.  Author content has nothing to do with hubs, you can't remove it and the license granted HP is irrevocable.

Hub content is different; it can be removed from HP and the license granted to HP is much more limited.

You are correct wilderness.

To remove author content at author's request would cause a discontinuity to threads, comments, etc.

I'm sure that is the reason.  That photos are considered author content is a little harder to see, although somewhere I picked up the idea that it would be difficult to remove them from the database.  I don't see why, but then I didn't write the program, either.

1. Reality Bytes profile image75
                Reality Bytesposted 12 years agoin reply to this

So, my brother-in -law is a photagrapher.  If he allows me to use his photos and I place them in a hub they become property of HP?

That does not seem right?  As the photos were never mine to begin with.

No.  They remain your property, and you can put them wherever you wish.

At the same time you have granted HP an irrevocable license to use them on HP, as they see fit, forever.

I'm not sure about that one wilderness, I know next to nothing about the way databases work on a large scale. 

I'm wondering though, if two authors share the same photo (public domain photos are reused alot) are there two copies of the photo in the database, or do both hubbers share the same photo file?  (Did that make sense?)

Without knowing for sure, I believe you will a copy of that PD photo under both authors.

If you go to the photos in "my account" you will find all the photos you have uploaded and none from anyone else.  You have your own private database, so to speak.  While an individual photo file could carry a tag saying it belonged in two databases easily enough, to check every photo as it is uploaded and make sure that it doesn't match any other photo anywhere in all the databases, down to each individual digital bit, would be difficult.  Possible, but difficult and time consuming.

Thanks.

It's not a real problem for me because I mainly use PD photos.  The few pictures I've used that are my own I'm not overly concerned about (I'm not a photographer by any means).  Now my hubby is, and he's got a few on the site and will probably have more as he writes new hubs.

9. MelissaBarrett profile image59
      MelissaBarrettposted 12 years ago

LMAO, a reciprocal thread hijack.  This could be the coolest thing EVER!

1. profile image0

What is that F , you said in  IDGAF ? - such a civilized and religious-minded lady...shah...you have a sinner!

http://onlineslangdictionary.com/meaning-of/idgaf

lol

http://i261.photobucket.com/albums/ii53/Steeljedi/chill-pill2.gif

2. profile image0

Go and wash...

huh?   lol....relax.........

LMAO, aren't you cute? You haven't even cut your troll baby teeth yet.

1. profile image0

F rr u s trated??

1. profile image0

Moral character is the most valuable thing to a person sad

ROTFLMFAO...

You betcha...

You are truly the master.

1. profile image0
    10. skyfire profile image78
      skyfireposted 12 years ago

After Tanmaya Acharya chaos, this one is the best thing ever happened to HP.

11. skyfire profile image78
      skyfireposted 12 years ago

You can still request HP to remove forum posts, questions and hubs from your account. They did that many times. Another way to delete entire account is - BAN.

12. Aficionada profile image80
      Aficionadaposted 12 years ago

There was a forum discussion on the topic of Author Content a few months ago.  Some of those comments may be helpful here.  It's a short thread.

http://hubpages.com/forum/topic/77806#post1682684

Closed to reply

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
    Necessary
    HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
    LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
    Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
    AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
    HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
    HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
    Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
    CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
    Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
    Features
    Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
    Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
    Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
    Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
    Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
    VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
    PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
    Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
    MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
    Marketing
    Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
    Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
    Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
    Statistics
    Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
    ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
    Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
    ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)