My God is better than your God

Jump to Last Post 1-1 of 1 discussions (12 posts)
  1. Castlepaloma profile image77
    Castlepalomaposted 12 years ago

If you went to an international convention with all the mainstream religions in the World at on place, What would you find that all Religions would agree upon?

Answer
    All the Religion would agree, that they are the right way and only way to God

Or

Out of hundreds of versions of the bible, Take just one example, the Catholic ( over a billion Christians members.

Pope Boniface  We declare, we proclaim, we define that it is absolutely necessary for salvation that every human creature be subject to the Roman Pontiff.xii

By Pope John Paul II .. I AM THE WAY AND THE TRUTH AND THE LIFE."Don't go to God for forgiveness of sins, come to me.

Another God present here on earth  Pope Benedict, he claims Nazis were atheists Child Rape isn't so bad.

My God is better than your God, cause I'm better than you, 
    I can do anything cause I'm amoug the chosen few.

The book tells me how to think, who to love, it's truth
    To love my enemy, so be careful, I know eye for eye and tooth for tooth

My God shows how life is and how it should be.
    Your god belongs in hell, it's wrong, I'm nice, you want some tea?

My God has full knowledge, is right, moral, with the light.
    Your God is silly, stupid, lame and can't beat my God with all your might

My God has been here before the Universe had started, he is real without sin, 
    You non-believer, are not good enough for him l, just throw your mind in the garbage bin 

My God is better than your god, tell me its is true.
    Cause if you don’t, My God will come again and make you suffer in 2002
    I'm bad with math and science, could you be so kind and tell me is 2012 when it ends?
    My God is better than your God, Until then, I'll drive you mad and around the bend

NAAA NA NA NA NAA NA

1. GoldenBird profile image58
      GoldenBirdposted 12 years agoin reply to this

People love humble individuals. It's an universal requirement. I believe God is no exception. He speaks to those who are willing to listen.

......Great religious poetry here!

2. Disappearinghead profile image59
      Disappearingheadposted 12 years agoin reply to this

It is well established that the Gods of one nation are the demons of another. The Zoroastrian Ahura (Good God) became the Indian Ashura/Shiva (bad gods) and the Indian Divas (good gods) became the Zorastrian Daemon (demons, evil gods)

Castlepalomaposted 12 years agoin reply to this

You are aware that the bible has spreads the greatest bloodshed ever known to mankind and separate groups and individuals from their own way or new way of thinking.  I have toured 6 continents and wouldn’t have gotten  along as well as I have with other cultures and religions if my thinking was very limited to the James version of the bible.

It's beautiful to be childlike, don't you think being deeply one sided, it's just childish? Is it not better to have an enough of an adult view on life,? after all the whole world is our family

Great words Castlepaloma! 

Artists are really like the Nervous system of society smile I don't know what else to say, but you spoke jewels here.

Thanks, going to make it a hub, after some edit

Please make it a non-commercial hub. smile

(I am kidding!)

2. Disappearinghead profile image59

I don't know what your problem is with my post. I was just commenting on the fact that followers of one religion have a habit of demonising another. What I stated wasn't one sided at all.

Don't have  any problem with your post, I guess i'm just venting about what is the whole purpose of the bible, when it creates more harm than good.

What about a new  way of healthy thinking in the present  rather than going back to the way it was,?

1. Disappearinghead profile image59

The bible is what it is. Yes it's full of bloodshed and we can be happy and grateful that we were born in the 20th Century. I don't think anyone, Jew, Christian, or of no faith, would ever want to see these scenes from the bible ever again, or use the bible to conduct holy wars or inquisitions.

When Assyria, Babylon, Greece, and Rome conquered Israel, conducting wholesale massacres, rape, pillaging, and ethnic cleansing, they were acting as most civilisations behaved in those times. The bible provides a historical commentary on these events. Do you think this history caused more harm than good to those reading it centuries later?

We like to think we live in more enlightened times now, not the brutality of the past. But many countries of Africa still live in a brutal and savage world, and America's actions during the gulf wars were pretty brutal. 20 years ago, savagery broke out across the former Yugoslavia. 30 years ago Polpot was leading hoards of Kymer Rouge murdering their way through millions of Cambodians.

Whatever view we might have of the bible from our Western culture, the events described are nothing new, and not uncommon to all civilisations past and present.

3. profile image49
      paarsurreyposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Since there is only ONE Creator God; so the above sentence is wrong.

Let settle this once and for all, on who has the Best God?

1. Let pick a place for a fight, let say Israel and  to let you know, this fight may go on for another 1000 or so years.
        2.  The winner gets all the souls forever, all in some kind of one world order. The winner get to live their life like Paradise or be extremely happy with end to our World.
        3. No stealing oil, No making too many babies you can't afford,
        4. No nukes, No burning the village to save the village,
        5.No torture and slavery, No blaming it all on Satan,
        6.No suicide and No harming Mother earth.during the fight.

Come out with clean hands and fight, and  may the best God win.

Mmmm uh mmmm …..wait …...wait   …...u mmmm …..................................umm '''''''….......
        What you can't fight under these God like conditions

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)