A Tribute to Hubber Cris A; and our Weekly HubNuggets Program

Jump to Last Post 1-17 of 17 discussions (37 posts)
  1. Patty Inglish, MS profile image89
    Patty Inglish, MSposted 12 years ago

We are sad to have lost another Hubber, Cris A, and we dedicate this week's HubNuggets round up Hub to his memory.

The HubNuggets Mingle at the War of Toledo, Ohio (1835 to 1973)

1. AEvans profile image71
      AEvansposted 12 years agoin reply to this

So many of them to read. I voted and I also sent it out to all of my FB friends. Thank you for the tribute to Cris A. smile

2. Simone Smith profile image86
      Simone Smithposted 12 years agoin reply to this

It's a very kind dedication you've made, Patty! And the nominees are, once again, splendid this week. New Hubbers never cease to amaze me!

3. Debby Bruck profile image66
      Debby Bruckposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Sad news for HP. I suppose as the community ages, so will the members. Like any community there will be life cycle events of births, graduations, marriages, sickness and death. "Better to have loved and lost"

4. Uninvited Writer profile image80
      Uninvited Writerposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Just a note, you have spelled his name as Chris in the hub...

2. RedElf profile image89
    RedElfposted 12 years ago

Wonderful to dedicate this to Chris A. He will be missed!

Congrats to the nominees, and I'm off to read and vote.

3. Patty Inglish, MS profile image89

Everyone here is missing Chris. I hate diabetes.

1. AEvans profile image71
      AEvansposted 12 years agoin reply to this

I hate it to. sad

2. FloraBreenRobison profile image61
      FloraBreenRobisonposted 12 years agoin reply to this

my uncle has type 2 diabetes.

Patty Inglish, MSposted 12 years agoin reply to this

I hope he is doing OK.

1. FloraBreenRobison profile image61

There is always a worry because he loves food that is bad for him and his wife will indulge him sometimes. It would be helpful if his wife wouldn't cook such meals and eat them around him while eats proper food. But she sees no reason to change her diet for him.

How sad it is to have a kind of lack of consideration and not be able to share in healthier eating with a beloved spouse. It is difficult for him, probably. I hope she too does not become ill.

1. FloraBreenRobison profile image61

A similar thing happened with my brother and his recovery as an alcoholic. He is indeed in recovery, but when he and the mother of his children finally got married, there was an open bar. Her family insisted. Why should they be denied alcohol because of someone else's problem? I drank water, even during the toasting. sigh.

3. VioletSun profile image81
      VioletSunposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Me too. sad

4. profile image0
      Lesleysherwoodposted 12 years agoin reply to this

I used to work for a diabetes consultant as a secretary and writing my letters I realized it  is quite a serious illness.  I don't think people are aware of its complications, one of those being to pass away.  I never met Cris, but have since read his profile and hubs.  Its so sad.  He will be missed in this community.

It is more important than many of us think. Thank you for your experiences to shed the light.

4. KrystalD profile image66
    KrystalDposted 12 years ago

I am so sad to hear of this loss! Chris welcomed me warmly a month ago. My father passed away of diabetes in Aug. My heart goes out to his family and all his friends.

5. travel_man1971 profile image61
    travel_man1971posted 12 years ago

Cris A., kabayan, you're surely be missed.-_-

I agree and I enjoy hearing about your customs of honoring passed friends.

1. christianajohan profile image56
        christianajohanposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Hey! Kabayan! I hope we got this HP for good. I like it here with you guys. I want to say something about this. One thing I can remember about Cris A is cindyvine. She commented a lot of good things about him. He will be missed.

2. christianajohan profile image56
      christianajohanposted 12 years agoin reply to this

I want to say something about this. One thing I can remember about Cris A is cindyvine. She commented a lot of good things about him. He will be missed.

6. mistyhorizon2003 profile image88
    mistyhorizon2003posted 12 years ago

So young, only 33, so sad. I hate diabetes too sad

1. profile image0
      Lesleysherwoodposted 12 years agoin reply to this

I DID NOT REALISE HE WAS ONLY 33.  THAT HAS SHOCKED ME SO MUCH. sad  So much talent - such a nice guy - what a waste.  He should be alive.

1. mistyhorizon2003 profile image88
        mistyhorizon2003posted 12 years agoin reply to this

I know, it is way too young for a life to be cut short.

7. Uninvited Writer profile image80
    Uninvited Writerposted 12 years ago

I am more saddened because Cris's friend said he took very good care of his diabetes and did everything right. I had a friend who died of the disease at the same age as Cris, but he didn't take care of himself.

8. Teresa McGurk profile image60
    Teresa McGurkposted 12 years ago

Here's to Cris, a gentle man and gentleman.
    with love,
    TMcG

1. Peggy W profile image96
      Peggy Wposted 12 years agoin reply to this

I second Teresa McGurk's statement.  So sorry to hear that Cris was afflicted with diabetes and lost the battle.  33 years is definitely a short time.  He will be missed.

9. humagaia profile image57
    humagaiaposted 12 years ago

As a diabetic myself, I am saddened to hear of the death of someone who was taking good care of himself and the disease. At 33 it is likely that he had Type 1 diabetes. The real problem with this type is that it is a two-way problem - we think of diabetes along with too much sugar = hyperglycaemia - that is one problem, the second one is = hypoglycaemia (too little). One can enter coma in both cases, mine fortunately was from the former, which is a slow process. With hypoglycaemia you can go into a coma and die very quickly, and if no-one is around when a hypo occurs, there is nothing the sufferer can do - and death ensues.

I have known several people who have died of a hypo. I know many that have had amputations due to hyper's. I was a lucky one that came out the other side of a hyperglycaemic coma.

I am sorry to hear of another life cut short by something that is believed to be able to be cured once the science of genetics shows the way.

1. VioletSun profile image81
      VioletSunposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Was not aware of this. Thanks for sharing and wishing you a long, comfortable life.

10. Patty Inglish, MS profile image89

Thanks for all the comments. Hypoglycemic "passing out" is frightening to spouses that don't know what is going on.

11. Patty Inglish, MS profile image89

ART and DESIGN is the winning topic for votes so far this time around - still plenty of time to vote. Nominees, get your friend and families to visit and vote, too. Thanks!

12. Patty Inglish, MS profile image89

Thanks for you comments. The community members do care about one another.

13. Simone Smith profile image86
    Simone Smithposted 12 years ago

The winners have been chosen! Here they are:

Arts and Design
    The Art of Acrylics - techniques and mediums (57%)
    How Good Photographers Get Noticed - Tips on Making Your Portfolio Stand Out (23%)
    How to Carve Your Own Rubber Stamps

Fashion and Beauty
    10 Iconic Sci Fi Costumes for Women (33%)
    Best Mens Fragrances for Night (33%)
    A Real Southern Belle (16%)

Sports and Recreation
    How to Keep Warm in the Cold (33%)
    Cheapskate Camping (27%)

Congratulations to the winners!

14. FloraBreenRobison profile image61
    FloraBreenRobisonposted 12 years ago

Congratulations to all the winners

15. Joy56 profile image68
    Joy56posted 12 years ago

I am in total shock.  I joined hub pages, writing a poem alongside Cris, why oh why has this had to happen.

16. Patty Inglish, MS profile image89

Congratulations to the Winners and all the HN Wannabe Nominations this week! Thanks to all the Hubbers and friends that took the time to read, vote -  and post a tribute to Cris as well.

Thanks to you all - see you next time!

17. Simone Smith profile image86
    Simone Smithposted 12 years ago

The new thread is up! Stop on by! http://hubpages.com/forum/topic/91908

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)