11 hubs in 6 days and not a penny earned

Jump to Last Post 1-12 of 12 discussions (22 posts)
  1. singleaple profile image65
    singleapleposted 12 years ago

Even though I have signed up to Google Adsense and Amazon I have not earned a single penny from any of my hubs.

Am I doing something wrong?.
    or
    Have I set things up incorrectly ?
    or
    Is the problem something else ?

1. Marisa Wright profile image87
      Marisa Wrightposted 12 years agoin reply to this

If you're expecting to make money in less than a week, you have unrealistic expectations and you have a lot to learn about earning an income online.

To earn money, you need a large audience - you're only going to earn between $2 and $5 per 1,000 visitors.  You're not going to get those numbers from within the HubPages community, so you're not going to earn much until Google, Bing and Yahoo notice your Hubs exist.  Even then, if they place your Hub on page 100-and-umpteenth page of the search results, you won't get much traffic - and even more so, if you pick a subject nobody is searching for.

Be patient, do some study on how to make money online, and you'll get there - but it takes time and effort, just like any other job.

2. psycheskinner profile image83
    psycheskinnerposted 12 years ago

Did you enter your Adsense code (top right when you sign into Adsense) in your hubpages profile?

singleapleposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Not sure - but my External Affiliate Settings both have a status of active

Thanks for replying

However the ad program and ebay program are not active - does that make a difference ?

External Affiliate Settings are for the adsense and amazon

3. LeanMan profile image80
    LeanManposted 12 years ago

Having written 11 hubs over a six day period you will need for them to be indexed by Google and for them to send you some traffic if they deem your hubs worthy and if you have written using keywords that are searched for. Most people take a few months before they earn anything.. and only if the have done their SEO correctly.

Thanks for the info leanman

Does anyone know if i can still earn money from adsense(which is active)even though the ad programis not active?

1. LeanMan profile image80
        LeanManposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Yes, you can use adsense without the ad program, however most people have reported they earn better with the HP ad program. Turning on the hp ads will mean you earn a smaller amount through adsense as this will only account for one block of ads, but the HP ads should replace or better what you lost. (Although you can only improve on zero!)

4. psycheskinner profile image83
    psycheskinnerposted 12 years ago

How much traffic have you had?

5. profile image0
    Sophia Angeliqueposted 12 years ago

Hi singleaple,

It's not that simple. In fact, most of us would say it takes a lot of patience, a lot of learning, and a lot of writing! In order to earn, you need traffic from Google. If you go to your Stats on top of your hub, you can see how much traffic is coming from Google, aol, bing, yahoo, etc. Ignore the traffic that is coming from Hubpages as that is not what is earning you any money.

If your hubs are not getting any traffic from the search engines, then you won't earn. And you need quite a lot of it!

Many of us have written hubs on how to keywords and how to attract google traffic.  I'm sure that some of them will help you.

Also, when I joined I was told it took about six months for a payout. I'm not sure what it is now, but I'm pretty sure that most people don't start earning anything more than a few pennies until about the first month. I may be wrong on that, though.

Good luck.

Thanks Sophia - Yep all the traffic is coming from hubpages

6. sofs profile image77
    sofsposted 12 years ago

Are you impatient! Sophia is right.. earning is not that simple and patience is a great virtue often tested with online writing... You will start earning soon..keep writing and best wishes to you!

7. Richieb799 profile image73
    Richieb799posted 12 years ago

You also have to write hubs which have earning potentially, check the $$$ in your hub metrics and you will soon learn which earn and which don't.

8. Kangaroo_Jase profile image75
    Kangaroo_Jaseposted 12 years ago

I earned 4 cents in my first 5 weeks on HubPages.

Needless to say its a little more these days. Be patient and it will come.

9. talin401 profile image56
    talin401posted 12 years ago

Is Adsense a real way to make money? or what? whats your opinions?

1. relache profile image72
      relacheposted 12 years agoin reply to this

With zero Hubs, it doesn't matter what program is recommended, there's not going to be any money made.

10. davenstan profile image61
    davenstanposted 12 years ago

I have been here 5 weeks and have made a few dollars. I have had over 1,500 viewers. From what I understand is that it takes patience. I read in between writing to get a greater understanding of keywords and backlinks, content and niche. It will take all of that and consistently promoting on social networking sites. I am on the right track it seems. Keep going and learn while you hub.

11. melbel profile image93
    melbelposted 12 years ago

You've only been here six days. Make sure you check out the learning center and see what you can do to make your hubs more likely to perform well in search engines like Google.

It takes a while for any content on the Internet to be "ripe" for Google traffic. With many of my hubs it'll take 3-6 months to appear on the first page of Google. To get the top spots, sometimes it even takes a year. Just keep at it and keep checking the Learning Center to get tips on getting traffic.

http://hubpages.com/learningcenter/contents

Also, you said you haven't earned a penny. Are you part of the HubAds program? If not, I recommend getting in. I've found that it's better earnings than AdSense alone.

Best of luck!

1. profile image0
      HubTubposted 12 years agoin reply to this

You just started a forum thread for the sole purpose of asking people to visit your blog, after recently joining HubPages and having written no hubs to contribute to HubPages.  Most people frown up this.  It is called spamming!

1. profile image0
        HubTubposted 12 years agoin reply to this

To clarify, my post was directed to talin401.

12. singleaple profile image65
    singleapleposted 12 years ago

Views 485

Thanks for all the info guys

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)