I still earn until now after being quiet for so long...

Jump to Last Post 1-5 of 5 discussions (25 posts)
  1. sergs_pogi profile image57
    sergs_pogiposted 12 years ago

It came to me as a surprise when I visited my account lately and found dollars are accumulating even though I stopped publishing hubs and utterly neglected my account. So I'm coming back to get my dollar when it reaches the threshold and continue hubbing thereafter. I find new inspiration to continue my enterprise. Thanks admin.

1. Shadesbreath profile image76
      Shadesbreathposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Lots of people crap on HP because you can't just show up, write six articles and retire on the revenue.

Others hate on it because the know how easy it is to make your own website, sign up for adsense, Amazon, and then, after deploying HTML strategies and web hosting and lots FTP stuff and other acronyms and abbreviations, you can have your own site that, if you know how to backlink well, index stuff, directory submit other stuff, and a zillion other things, you will make wayyyy more money than you can on HP... uh... I don't even remember my point.

But yeah, if you know all that stuff, you don't need HP. They definitely take a cut of your earnings, and they don't even try to make what you write better.

However, if you just want to puke up stuff and spend a tiny amount of time learning stuff, you can make money here. The more time you spend learning here, the more likely it is you won't need HP down the road.

I don't even think they care. I suspect they are happy to see people thrive.

sergs_pogiposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Hmmm... I don't exactly get your point, but thanks for responding.

2. Marisa Wright profile image86
      Marisa Wrightposted 12 years agoin reply to this

You've just discovered the point of Hubbing (or any online writing, for that matter).  People complain they're only earning a few cents per thousand views, and forget that if they've written some good material, it will still be earning those pennies four years from now.  And they mount up!

3. Mageplasm profile image60
      Mageplasmposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Interesting. I'm a new Hubber and I hope to start earning money soon. When did you sign up for a Google Adsense account (after publishing how many Hubs?), sergs_pogi. Thanks!

Well, I created only five hubs as far as I remember.

2. WryLilt profile image88
    WryLiltposted 12 years ago

No matter where you write on the internet - if it's publicly accessible by search engines, you'll likely find your content gets more and more visitors the longer you leave it - for a variety of reasons.

That's why when you search tech questions you often end up at forum threads created in 2002. hmm

Wow. Thanks for the inspiration. Seeing my earnings accumulate over time without even doing anything gives me the impetus to write more for HubPages. I am determined to write exclusively for HP.

1. GmaGoldie profile image80
        GmaGoldieposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Sergs Pogi
        Remember the best way to earn money with HubPages is to make a hub of your activity - no exclusive. HubPages loves diversity - backlinking from your blogger account, word press - true blog sites is the combination that makes the most sense.

Great post - thank you so much for sharing.

1. WryLilt profile image88
          WryLiltposted 12 years agoin reply to this

I mostly agree, GmaGoldie.

However I'd recommend starting your own sites (Wordpress HOSTED, blogger etc) and then linking from Hubpages TO them. Hubpages has plenty of Google juice, so send it to your own sites, not the other way around.

1. Jason Marovich profile image88
            Jason Marovichposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Driving traffic to your website from HP, and driving traffic from your website to HP can both work.  It all depends on the keywords you're targeting.

Hubs rank easily without backlinks. Your own websites don't.

If Hubpages ever changes their payment method or TOS, shuts down or sells out, having all your links pointing to your hubs was a waste.

This is indeed a possibility to consider, but the solution may be that we account all backlinks we have, from where and to where.

Gma, you usually make such good sense, but I have no idea what you mean by that statement?

Not true actually.  Google is looking for diversity of backlinks.  When it sees a lot of links on one blog, all pointing back to the same place, it counts one or two links and devalues the rest.   So making individual links from your blog to all your Hubs isn't giving you much benefit, unless your blog gets a lot of real readers who will actually follow the links. 

If you want to link from your blog to HubPages, use a RSS feed so the links refresh over time and you get exposure for different Hubs. That's enough.

1. GmaGoldie profile image80
            GmaGoldieposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Marisa,

Perhaps I wasn't as clear as I could have been. Both HubPages and Google want a diversity of backlinks. I may have singled out HubPages because that was the topic at hand.

But just so I understand the other side - the blogger side - ala Wordpress or Blogger - where I see links posted directly from HubPages - those would be better served to have a RSS feed rather than the links simply posted?

Or best of all - would be a hyper linked word back to the key term in the HubPage article?

Why link to Hubpages at all from your own site?

My point is, if you have one blog and you place links to each of your Hubs on that blog, how is that diversity?   It's the opposite of diverse, because all the links are in the same place.

What you need is one or two links on many blogs, not many links on one or two blogs.

Since there's not much benefit in having many links on one blog, you could have either one or two links in the text of your blog, or a RSS feed somewhere. The advantage of the RSS feed is that the links change over time, so different Hubs get exposure at different times.

2. sergs_pogi profile image57

I have heard about the usefulness of RSS feeds recently, but I have no idea how it can be put to use. Can you give me any idea?

3. sergs_pogi profile image57

Thanks for the advice. Diversity is really the key, but I plan to direct all backlinks to my hubpages articles.

3. brakel2 profile image72
    brakel2posted 12 years ago

Welcome back Sergs. I hoped nothing was wrong, as I knew you were gone. It is a pleasant surprise and great news about your income. I wish I knew all that stuff Shadesbreath, but I am getting a little better with SEO, thanks to you and others.

Hello, brakel2. Thanks for the warm welcome. I don't expect this from anyone here. I am surprised to know you remember me. Anyway, I'm back for good, as long as the HP ad program won't go away. I'm back with more inspiration. It may not be a noble motivation, but I work full time online so money is my first motivation.

1. brakel2 profile image72
        brakel2posted 12 years agoin reply to this

I was following you, and then I thought you were gone. I remember your hubs and your profile very well.Some profiles just stick with you.  You are a good writer. Continued good luck.

4. Richieb799 profile image75
    Richieb799posted 12 years ago

The great thing about HP is that it is convenient and gives a useful interface for designing you own pages, like Shadebreath says its not easy to set up websites.. I have a few Wordpress sites myself but it doesn't take 2 minutes, by the time you activate Fantastico and have to choose a suitable theme it takes a few hours.

5. incomeguru profile image95
    incomeguruposted 12 years ago

Sergs, same happened to me february 2011 when i checked my abandoned HP account with only 5 hubs and only to see  dollars accummulating each month. That made me believe this platform works, so i started creating more hubs and earnings increasing than before.

Wow. This really proves the current HP ad program is in fact worth time spending on.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)