whose views on jesus are correct ? ;jews or christians or muslims?

Jump to Last Post 1-6 of 6 discussions (37 posts)
  1. pisean282311 profile image63
    pisean282311posted 12 years ago

Jesus christ is perhaps most famous name since last 2k years. So whose views do you think are correct views on jesus?...

Jews believe that jesus was false prophet ..Many argue that Jesus himself was jew so jews knew him better than  paul and western world...Do you think jews are best people to evaluate jesus?

Christianity is most popular religion and according to christian jesus is saviour. Do you think they are best people to know about jesus?

Muslims believe jesus is prophet of allah and second most important prophet after muhammad (though jesus came before)....
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

1. Castlepaloma profile image77
      Castlepalomaposted 12 years agoin reply to this

None above, Atheist know more about world Religions than any of them,

Thank God or doG, I'm not Religious or Atheists. Or the Jew would be in Heaven as the chosen ones and the rest of us would be in Hell

pisean282311posted 12 years agoin reply to this

lol hell would be exciting place if majority are going there...who wants to get bored in heaven unless it is muslim heaven...they do have good incentives to be in there...

Since the vagina is my only assume heaven, making out with 72 Virgins would be my bloody hell

lol

2. livelonger profile image87
        livelongerposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Well, you don't know that Jews don't believe in hell (that's a Greek pagan concept imported into Christianity and Islam), and unlike Christians and Muslims, Jews believe "heaven" (the world to come) is for everyone, not just Jews.

2. profile image0
    Emile Rposted 12 years ago

Considering the fact that he lived two thousand years ago, the only ones who have anything worth wondering about are the ones who wrote back then. And even then, you can only take it on faith.

Except Mohamed. He was six hundred years after the fact and clearly had an agenda. So, he doesn't count as a credible source.

hmmm....but muslims belief muhammad was inspired...your point is valid but unfortunately whatever is written about jesus comes after his death ...none wrote when he was alive...

1. profile image0
        Emile Rposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Maybe, maybe not. The point is that, if Christ was crucified in 33 CE, the writings from the first century are more pertinent. There is no proof that the gospels didn't come from eye witnesses. It just appears very, very likely that this is true.

We don't have to prove Mohamed wasn't born within centuries of the event. That is fact. So, all we have to go on are the gospels, Acts and a few other blurbs of information we can find elsewhere.

@emile what about jews sources?...what r ur views on that?

1. profile image0

The jewish sources are credible. I don't know of but one or two that I've read about.

The gospels are obviously biased. Hopefully, we'll eventually find other documents that will shed some light.

so what r ur views on jews view of jesus?

1. profile image0

Modern Jews or ancient Jews?

Modern Jews are no different from the rest of us. They can only go by what they've read and what their culture has taught them. Those with faith don't look on other faiths kindly.

Ancient Jews...there was a difference of opinion. I doubt if the modern church were faced with a figure who developed a following through teaching in contradiction to their assumed doctrines that they would receive him with fanfare. Nor, would they write anything complimentary.

Honestly, the question is pointless.  Each religion has its merits, but none can prove that they are the cosmically approved religion.

The most popular religion is the one with the largest guns or weapons. Most people  are getting sick and tired of these bullies, we are in for some major changes soon enough.

1. profile image0

Hey, if the change means less guns and war without the loss of personal freedoms...I'm on board.

Judaism doesn't. Jews don't believe non-Jews are any less righteous by default because of beliefs. In fact, by Jewish standards it's "easier" to be a righteous Gentile than a righteous Jew, because the latter has to fulfill a lot more commandments. Beliefs really don't matter, actions do, and a righteous Gentile is better than a bad Jew.

Jews also don't believe ours is the one true religion; it just works for us. People should be careful about assuming all religions are just like Christianity and Islam, which proselytize and therefore have a different set of beliefs and standards than other non-proselytizing religions like Judaism, Hinduism, Buddhism, etc.

1. profile image0

Do you speak for all Jews? There are certainly a few different schools of thought within the faith. Don't get me wrong. I have nothing against the Jewish faith. I like everything I've ever read.

I was simply answering pisean's question and the fact remains that no one knows the answer. It's all opinion and no one can claim that they are correct.

3. jimmythejock profile image83
    jimmythejockposted 12 years ago

I will find out who is right and who is wrong on the day that I die which I hope is a long way off, in no hurry whatsoever to learn the truth.....jimmy

@jimmy it would be too late by then...all three have hell provision and there is tough competition on whose hell is worst....

Hell!  Yeah!

4. Druid Dude profile image59
    Druid Dudeposted 12 years ago

All of them are right...and all of them are wrong.

5. Greek One profile image63
    Greek Oneposted 12 years ago

As you know, my views are always the correct ones, Pisean.

1. Druid Dude profile image59
      Druid Dudeposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Master of your own universe. Good to hear.

1. Greek One profile image63
        Greek Oneposted 12 years agoin reply to this

not since before puberty

1. Druid Dude profile image59
          Druid Dudeposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Not so. One who has the only correct views must indeed walk upon Mount Olympus. May I please kiss your toes, oh great and powerful OZ!

1. Greek One profile image63
            Greek Oneposted 12 years agoin reply to this

I have to decline as I am a happily married man... and we left Mount Olympus months ago due to the economic turmoil in Greece.

We now like in a small town in Pakistan called Abbottabad.  We like it here because the neighbors tend to keep to themselves

lol

6. davidkaluge profile image55
    davidkalugeposted 12 years ago

That is the problem we have and that is why I always say, "even those that belief in God are not sure of his ways so why blame those that don't believe in God." People have various views, the jews knew what they expected for a savior and its a pity they have not changed their view since then. Then if we have to consider what was written about Jesus we may fail because some books were hidden, why? So what we know is what people tell us and want us to belief so you people think for yourself and select one.

@david jews have long list of what mesisah would be doing and jesus doesnot fullfill most of them...so they are entitled to their view....muslims on other hand believe jesus was mere human being who was chosen by god ...much in lines of other prophets...

Was that, prophets or profits?

First, Jews don't believe in a savior since we don't believe there's anything to be saved from. Jews don't believe in original sin, and we don't believe that sinning lands you in hell.

Second, Jesus is not even dealt with at all in Jewish thinking, since he clearly did not fulfill any of the messianic requirements, laid out by the prophets. The fact that we still have war and death means the messiah hasn't come yet. Jesus wasn't the only one that people have claimed was the messiah; there was also the Lubavitcher rebbe Schneerson, Shabbatai Zvi, Shimon Bar Kochba...none of them turned out to be the messiah. So we continue to work...

Will the real messiah please stand up

or

Out

2. Disappearinghead profile image60
        Disappearingheadposted 12 years agoin reply to this

If so many of the conditions of the Messiah were not fulfilled by Jesus, then how come so many Jews did believe in him? Are you suggesting that the Church fabricated many of its claims to make him appear to be the messiah?

Whilst I'm inclined to accept the Jewish view on the garden of Eden events, the nature of man and sin, Satan, and eschatology above those of Christianity, there is no doubt that Jesus fulfilled the promise to Abraham that through him all nations would be blessed. If it was not for Jesus there would not be a billion people worshipping tge Hebrew God.

1. livelonger profile image87

Yes, plenty of mistranslations and loopholes. Because Jesus didn't fulfill any of the messianic prophesies, supposedly he was going to do it the second time around. (Of course, the prophets said the messiah would be a normal man who would accomplish all the messianic goals in one human lifetime...)

It wouldn't be an issue that Christians see things differently, if they didn't persistently try to say the Jewish perspective is wrong. It would be fine if they said we have our interpretation, you have yours; that's not the case.

All nations are blessed according to Christianity...as long as they become Christian. And I'm not sure that Christians worship the same G-d that Jews do (Jews don't believe many, many of the things about this G-d that Christians are required to believe). At any rate, belief and worship don't really matter IMHO.

2. Castlepaloma profile image77

Disappearinghead

More than a billion people do worship Jews, they call it Hollywood. Kind of like Holly lands in Disneyland

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)